Silence is Golden

6 Genies = 6 Wishes

 

I didn't know where I was going, neither how far I am running but it didn't matter at that moment. I mean, I'm even pretty surprises I still haven't stopped to catch my breath. But in the end, I stopped when I saw a deserted playground. I was still in uniform and it was getting darker so it was kind of chilly. I sat down on one of the empty swings and felt my cheeks. The tears have dried up apparently. I sniffed and pushed myself lightly as I rock back and forth.

Was that why Byunghun was so cold to me this morning? A flashback of my talk with Yongguk at the rooftop came into my mind.

"I don't think Byunghun's right for you."

Is it possible he knew what was coming? Or he knew Byunghun was cheating? Is it possible he knew and didn't want to tell me? Because if it is, I'm going to kill him the moment I see him. But then again, maybe I was too dumb. Myungsoo was right. I was too dense. Too dense to notice the change of perfume, the distance he was keeping with me, the way he treated me today.

"You're so stupid, Haejin," I told myself.

I wanted to cry, maybe it'll make me pity myself more but no tears formed. Especially not when the wind was hitting me directly. Just then, I head a creak of the swing beside mine and I turned to see Daehyun. He was staring straight ahead.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, my voice sounding blocked and weak.

He turned his head and looked at me, without saying anything. I sighed.

"Were you all trying to find me?" I asked.

He nodded once.

"How did you know I would be here?"

He shrugged. I kept quiet, not wanting to ask anymore question. In fact, I was hoping he'd do something. Be the one asking me question, be the one asking me what's wrong or telling me to cheer up. Himchan would do that. Yongguk would do that. Even Zelo would do something. But out of all the guys, Daehyun just had to be the one.

"It would be better if you say something."

But he still kept quiet which made me frustrated and feel like no one cared for me. I dropped my head, trying to hide the tears that are starting to form. As I was staring at the sand and telling myself not to cry in front of Daehyun over and over again, I felt him place his hand on my back. He patted my back slowly, soothingly and it made me want to cry even more. I pushed his hand away but it made its way back again. I pushed it off harshly again.

"Stop it," I told him.

I didn't feel his hand again, but instead I felt his hand on my head, just like that night. My eyes widened and somehow, the tears seem to form faster and less than a second, I saw two teardrops spill over and landed on the sandpit. After that, I saw many others land on the sand, seeping in and leaving marks. I was sobbing for a long time, but Daehyun kept his hand on my head.  We stayed there for a pretty long time, his hand giving me a unexplainable comfort. Maybe it's because that's what my parents always does when I've done them proud, or they always pat my head saying that it's okay if I did something wrong or not so well. Or maybe, just maybe it's how he's not saying anything but showing so much more. Whatever it is, I realized I didn't need him to talk to make me feel better. Just knowing someone's there is enough.

"You can put your hand down now."

"You won't cry anymore?"

I shook my head but paused."I would in the future, but not now."

"But you're not going to cry for that jerk again?"

I turn to look at him and saw him staring at me. It was different from the past where all I saw was only coldness or just nothing. This time, even with his half of his face hidden, his eyes held so much feeling I can't make out what it is.

"Yes, I won't cry for him again."

He gazed at me and held my stare for a moment longer before holding out his pinkie and staring at me again.

"You want me to promise you?"

He nodded. Seeing how serious he was, I gave in and linked my pinkie with his.

When we let go, I stared at him a little longer before asking him the question that's been pestering me for a long time.

"Why do you wear a mask?"

I can see Daehyun's relaxed figure stiffen. It must be a weak subject for him. He didn't answer, so I went on to ask another question which seemed very against the odds that he'd answer.

"Can I see?"

He turned to look at me, his eyes boring deep down into my soul but instead of the usual coldness, his now held something else. It was as if he was judging, weighing out the odds, thinking if I'm worthy or not. But maybe it's because I look really pathetic, or maybe he really opened up to me, because his next move surprised me. He nodded ever so slightly and leaned forward, but just a little, showing me the indication.

I looked at him in confirmation and seeing the seriousness in his eyes, I knew he wasn't joking around. My mind went blank as I outstretched my arms, reaching for the black mask. Daehyun kept his eyes locked on mine. I was nearing, hand almost about to touch the piece of fabric and my heart beating hard in my chest.

"Haejin!"

I jumped and jerked my hand back. I saw Daehyun move back a little too. With my hands by my side, I came back to my sense.

Whatjust happened there?

"Haejin!"

I looked behind my shoulder to see the other guys running towards us. Daehyun stood up but I remained seated because I'm pretty sure that if I did, I'd fall a second after that.

"Haejin, are you okay?" Himchan looked at me knowingly once they reached us.

"Why didn't you call us when you found her?" Youngjae asked Daehyun.

Daehyun just stared but somehow Youngjae got the problem."Ah, your phone doesn’t have any more battery."

"Then use your powers, pabo!" Yongguk said, smacking his head. Daehyun glared at him, rubbing the hit spot.

"Are you okay, noona?" Jongup asked.

I nodded, realizing my hand was gripping onto the metal chain too tightly. I relaxed and let my hands fall onto my lap.

"We know, Haejin," Yongguk said in assurance.

"I know. But I'm fine," I lied.

They seemed to see right through me, and partly because I'm a bad liar and in an extremly bad state, they didn't believe it.

"He was a jerk, Haejin," says Himchan.

"I know," I mumbled.

"He didn't know what he had."

"Yeah."

"He's better off without you anyway."

"I guess."

Yongguk got pissed at my short answers and pulled me up harshly. He shook me vigorously until I swore I got a headache.

"You can't do this to yourself!"

"Do what?" I looked at him, confused.

"This!" He pointed at me."You're not being Haejin."

"Should we bring her to go eat then?" Zelo asked.

Himchan smacked his head but Yongguk nodded.

"Yes, we should. Today, you can eat as much as you want."

"No. I'll get fat," I said in a monotone.

"Fat is not a problem right now. Getting enough energy to face that jerk is. You need to get over him, show him you're still strong and better without him in your life."

"You'll do that, right? For yourself?" Jongup asked.

I looked at him and tried keeping a hard front."I'll try."

"For us, noona?" Zelo asked.

I looked at his worried stricken face and felt myself soften. The maknae; the little guy who's almost like a 5 year old, worried for me. Someone who isn't even related to him. It all somehow made me have more strength; because it dawned on me I'm not alone. I have them. And that's enough.

"You'll try your best for us, right?" Zelo asked again.

I smiled a genuine one and nodded."Yes, I will. For all of you."

Zelo and the others smiled.

"Then let's go eat!" Zelo exclaimed, linking my arms with his and pulling me along.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

a/n; TADAH! Here's Daehyun's moment with Haejin! 

COMMENT MORE YOU GUYS! IF NOT  I'M ASKING MY LITTLE  hot ALIEN FRIENDS TO COME AND KIDNAP YOU! (though you guys probably won't mind BUT STILL.)

and just asking, should I start writing pov's for the others or just stick to haejin's pov?