Crushed

6 Genies = 6 Wishes

 

We went home late, which explains why I also woke up late and in turn was late for school. I asked the boys to teleport me again but they said they would rather be late with me then do that.

"What's your problem with teleporting me anyway?" I asked as we strolled towards school.

We were already 20 minutes late, might as well take our time now.

"It's just we're not allowed to use our powers on someone. We can only use it for someone," Youngjae explained.

"That doesn't make sense to me."

"It's okay. Nothing ever makes sense to you anyway," Youngjae said and I smacked him.

"You haven't been spending your wishes yet. Not chasing you or anything, but you should at least be making one by now."

"But there's nothing for me to wish for right now. It's not like I need anything."

"Well, then take the time to think. Just saying, we'd be staying here for as long as you like," Yongguk said.

"Really?"

"No. We only have a time limit of 5 years," He said seriously.

I rolled my eyes as we reached school. We said we'll be cooking dinner today and Youngjae and Himchan will be following me grocery shopping while the others get to stay at home.

"I'll be a little later thought. Got dance class," Jongup said.

I took notice of that and went off to our classes. After school, I was waiting for Himchan and Youngjae. The sky was getting dark quickly, indicating the rain.

"Aish...where the hell are they?" I said to myself, kicking the gravel.

When I did look up, I felt a drip on my nose. I flinched and touched the drop of rain. Slowly, another one was son my hand, my cheeks, my hair and just like that, it started raining heavily. I took out my umbrella and opened it up, shielding me from the rain. I looked out but all I could see was the grayness blurred by the rain. But I still could make out some things a little and I spotted someone familiar. I squinted and took notice of the orangey hair. I brightened.

"Byunghun!"

He didn't hear me over the rain so I ran over. He didn't have any umbrella since he always don't bring one. I placed mine over him and he must have realized why the rain wasn't falling on him anymore. He looked up, saw the umbrella and turned around.

"Haejin?"

I smiled and waved."You didn't bring an umbrella again?"

He shook his head. There was something different but I couldn't quite put my finger on it so I decided to ignore it.

"Are you heading home now?" I asked.

He shook his head again."Teentop."

"Ah," I nod.

Just then, there was the lightning followed by a thunder and I heard Byunghun sneeze. Once, twice, thrice and then another 3 more. I looked at him worriedly.

"Did you catch a cold?"

"No," He replied coldly.

I reached out, wanting to touch his forehead when he shoves my hand away."I don't have a cold." He growled.

I frowned and then shoved the umbrella to him."Take it."

He looked at the umbrella cluelessly. I shoved it towards him someone. Still clueless, he took it and I stepped away from the umbrella and into the rain.

"Wait here!" I shouted and ran into the grey rain.

It took me a hard time but I found the sign on the convenience store and went in, dripping wet. I went to the pharmacy, got some cold pills and a bottle of water and made my way back again. Byunghun was still there, to my relief. I ran up and into the safety of shelter.

"Here," I said, pushing the plastic bag towards him.

He took it as I took the umbrella and held it over us. Byunghun opened the bag and peered into it."What's this?"

"Cold medicine. The last time I went to your house, you didn't have it in your cabinet so I bought a new one for you."

Byunghun looked up at me with a expression I can't read but I continued ranting on.

"Next time, remember to bring your umbrella. Don't go drinking cold drinks and when you're wet, at least change or dry yourself. And don't go into ai-"

But before I could finish, he took off into the rain with the plastic bag in his hands, leaving me alone in the rain. As I reached the school gates, the rain has subsided and the sun has come up, drying me up from the rain. I spotted the guys immediately though. They were surrounded by girls actually, and I wanted to reach them but thought it wouldn't be nice if I became the girl's next target, which I already was.

But luckily, Himchan noticed me and excused himself."I'll talk with you ladies tomorrow."

The girls squealed while some gave me unapproving glares. Youngjae looked like he was about to puke.

"God, the amount of perfume girls put on themselves nowadays." Youngjae looked at me and patted my shoulder."Thank god you're not like one of them."

"Thanks," I mumbled.

"Why are you so wet?" Youngjae asked, wiping his hand on his uniform.

"I got drenched."

"Didn't you have an umbrella?"

I shook my head and lied, saying that I lent it to someone else on that day. They didn't persue the matter any further. We walked to the shopping centre but before we can go to the super market, the two genies were really caught up.

"Woah, would you look at that." He whistled and went over to middle of the shopping centre where a group of girls were modeling. I rolled my eyes as Youngjae pulled Himchan away.

"You're really sick in the mind, hyung."

"You're a guy too, Youngjae."

"Yeah, but I don't-" He stopped abruptly. I looked to see what caught his attention and saw the electronics store. I face palmed myself and pointed at Youngjae.

"Don't."

Youngjae looked at me pleadingly but I shook my head."No. We're going to buy the groceries and go back home."

"But it'll only be for awhile."

"No."

"Just 5 minutes."

"No."

"3."

"An. Oh. No."

"2?" He smiled.

I crossed my arms."Yoo Youngjae."

His shoulders slumped."Fine. Let's go."

He took Himchan by his collar harshly and pulled him away from the girls.

"Take the trolley! Take the trolley!" Himchan shouted.

"Fine! Stop shouting!" I said, noticing the weird stares we were getting.

Himchan took the coin out from my hand and slipped it into the trolley. He then preceded pushing it, jerking it here and there and almost colliding into a stack of potato chips.

"Careful!" I and Youngjae shouted at the same time.

Himchan grinned, shrugged and went on with his immatureness. I shook my head.

"He's no better than Zelo."

"You should see him when he's on a sugar rush." Youngjae blanked out and then froze."Horrible."

I laughed at his expression and pushed his back to move on. In the end, I insisted on taking over pushing the trolley when he actually almost hit into a 3 year old child.

"Haejin. We'll go take the milk while you go take the drinks. We'll meet you back at the cereal section."

I agreed and pushed the trolley while walking in a leisure pace. I took the bottles of water and drinks and was pushing towards our meeting point when I looked out of the supermarket and to the opposite shop from it. Dunkin' Donuts was just located there but it wasn't the donuts or coffee that caught my attention. It was the people inside it, the one sitting furthest to the corner. A couple was sitting opposite each other. If I just glimpsed through, I probably won't notice much but it was his hair. That orange hair of his, its pretty hard not to go unnoticed. I was pretty sure I was seeing wrong, that it isn't him over there, feeding and laughing with a girl whom I don't know. I try to pretend that maybe it's just coincidence why he is wearing the jacket that I knew he has.  I even told myself that guy must have also been caught up in the rain, seeing how wet and drenched he was. I was very sure it isn't him, and I was almost on the brink of believing that lie when I saw him lean over and kiss the girl.

It would be ironic how when I felt my whole world crash down, it literally did in the real world. The sounds of cans crashing to the floor brought me back to my sense and I looked to see the many cans falling from their original pile onto the floor. I stare at in blankly, noticing the stares but not caring about the humiliation. I heard my name being called and saw Himchan and Youngjae walking over to me. I turned my head to see Byunghun staring at my direction. It all got blurry after that and I didn't stay long enough to show them the tears. I mumbled a sorry that was probably too soft for anyone to hear and ran away.