Day at the beach (2)

6 Genies = 6 Wishes

 

"What should we have for dinner?" I asked.

"I only made us a few sandwich which someone," Himchan looked at Zelo."Ate it and left us with nothing."

Zelo ducked his head. Yongguk suggested pizza while Daehyun suggested Chinese food.

"Oh! There's Chinese food? I want to try it!" Zelo said excitedly.

I nodded and took out my cell phone to order.

"Remember to ask them to add more chili and peppers to mine!"

"I want mine with beef, not the one with pork!"

"I'm a vegetarian, but I can eat eggs."

"Get us milk!"

"No! Orange juice!"

It took me at least half an hour to finish up the ordering and I swear the person behind the phone actually dozed off for a second or two. While waiting for the food, the sky turned from a light shade of blue to orange and pick and then dark blue and orange. A group of guys whistled when they walked by. I wouldn't have known what they did that for when I saw Jongup and Zelo staring at me. I looked down and saw that my shirt was still wet and see through. Yongguk and Himchan was glaring at the other guys when I felt something wrap around me. Daehyun, who was sitting beside me has placed his jacket over me.

"Your jacket will get wet." I told him.

He ignored me and continued staring at the sea. I pouted at him for ignoring me but then smiled.

"Thank you."

He didn't say anything, but he game a curt nod which I caught for that quick millisecond. The food arrived 10 minutes later.

"Why not let's perform?" Himchan suggested.

"Perform what?" I questioned.

The others nodded and stood up, standing in front of me. I looked at them warily, in case they will start a new joke when they all suddenly came up with their own talents. First it was Yongguk and Zelo, where the youngest started beat boxing and Yongguk rapped. It was amazing I tell you, but what's amazing is to see that Zelo, dear little childish immature Zelo, was beat boxing. I mean, what childish, immature kid can do that? Maybe him, but still.

Later on, Jongup danced his own solo and he was right. Being the dancer of the group, he definitely made them proud. Himchan and Zelo then joined in, except while Zelo and Jongup was dancing beautifully, Himchan was trolling at the side, making me laugh my off. After that, it was Youngjae and Daehyun who will be singing.

"Will you be taking that thing off?" I asked.

"No, he won't," Youngjae replied for him.

I scrunched up my face."Then how is he going to sing then?"

"With the mask on? He always does that."

"Won't it sound muffled and unclear?"

"Not really.

"Oh, but won't it be hard for you to take in oxygen?"

"You ask a lot of question, don't you?" Youngjae said.

"I wasn't asking you!" I shot back.

"But she isn’t as bad as Hyomin. She asks me an average number of 356 questions a day I tell you. It's nonstop. And when I asked her to stop, she just kept quiet for awhile and then mumbled 'ah, ottoke? I still have a lot of things to ask'," Himchan shared his experience.

"Okay, okay. Now can you guys sing?" I said, stopping all the arguments.

Youngjae and Daehyun looked at each other before Youngjae started first. And then Daehyun. And I'm not lying, they sound amazing. Even smartass Youngjae sounded angelic. Even Daehyun with his voice muffled by the mask sounded beautiful and together, well, maybe not perfection but very close to it.

After they finish their talent show, they all sat down and continued eating.

"Are all genies multitalented or something?" I asked.

"I don't think so. It's mostly born in you," Yongguk explained.

"So like, your genes?"

"Something like that, except our genes are probably due to fate," Jongup said.

"Like your parents."

The others looked at me, surprised."What? Is there something on my face?"

"No, it's just..." Zelo trailed off.

"Just what?" I asked, extremely curious now.

"It's just we don't have parents," Youngjae said.

I paused and then nodded."So you guys are adopted."

"No, not adopted. No genies have any parents. They just have guardians for awhile until they want to come out to live by themselves and their gone."

"No parents?" I choked on my food, thinking I didn't hear right.

Jongup chuckled at my expression while Himchan just shook his head."No parents. No siblings."

"But...how?" I asked the question which was throbbing in me.

"A genie is born for every wish fulfilled. Which means one genie has successfully granted their owner's wish and their happy with it, a baby genie is born, raised in the place until their 13 before their allowed to venture out on their own.

"...Wow." I stopped chewing."That's cool."

"Not really. We've always thought what it would be like to have a family," Jongup smiled sadly.

"We've got a family! You, me and hyungs!" Zelo exclaimed."Oh! And noona!"

My eyes widened."Me?"

Zelo nodded."This is the first time the 6 of us have ever been together for a mission and since you're out master, that makes you part of our family too!"

Yongguk nudged Zelo. "Don't spout nonsense. Haejin has her own family."

Zelo looked down sadly."Oh."

"No!" I quickly cut in. The others stared at me in surprise."I mean, yeah I have my own family but I wouldn't mind being part of your family too."

The others continued staring at me as if I was the one from outer space."That is if you guys don't mind. My parents are hardly at home either and it's been a long time since I had a home cooked meal."

"Home cooked meal?"

"Yeah, during breakfast where everyone was around the table."

A silence fell over us and only the sounds of waves can be heard.

"Are you sure you're willing to be part of our family?" Yongguk asked.

I looked up and nodded confidently."Yes, I am."

Zelo was the first one to break the ice and he jumped up, pulling me up with him and jumping around."Yay! We've got a woman in our family now!"

I laughed. I'm pretty sure if there was music in the background like what those movies always shows, it'd bring tears to my eyes. Heart-warming scenes always make me cry, and it's only up till now that I was finally living in one myself.