Day at the beach (1)

6 Genies = 6 Wishes

 

The next day was a public holiday so we were lazing around the house.

"Ah, it's so boring!" Zelo complained, falling onto the floor.

"And hot!" Himchan added, fanning himself while Youngjae butted in front of the fan. They both went into a frenzy of getting the fan while I caught sight of Daehyun sticking his head into the refrigerator.

"I'm so hungry," Jongup whined.

"What happened to all the food?" Daehyun asked.

"Eaten by her." Yongguk pointed at me, never lifting his eyes off the television.

"What?" I gave a defensively look.

"Let's go somewhere," Jongup suggested.

"The shopping mall?" Himchan said.

"Heck no!" Youngjae and Yongguk both shouted at the same time.

"How about the beach?" Daehyun suggested.

Zelo brightened at the mention."Yes! Let's go to the beach!"

The others decided the idea was pretty good and I didn't want to deny a short trip to the beautiful and welcoming place so I agreed. We packed up our necessary stuffs until I realized one thing.

"I don't have a swimsuit."

The 6 of them looked at me incredulously.

"You don't have a swimsuit?" Yongguk repeated.

"How can you not have a swimsuit?" Youngjae asked, exasperated.

"You don't have one either!" I argued.

"But we can make ourselves have one," Himchan pointed out.

"Then make me have one too."

The genies looked at each other and shrugged."Okay."

Himchan said that he would do it and we waited as he summoned one up. A box appeared and he handed it to me.

"I bet you'll like it!" Himchan winked.

I took it cautiously and opened it up. My eyes almost popped out. Inside was a matching set of swimwear but except for a suit it was a bikini instead. It was red in color with a few white here and there. But it wasn't the problem of the color, it was about how revealing it was.

"I'm not wearing this!" I exclaimed, throwing the box far away from me.

"Oh, come on! Don't be a bad spot! It's not like people will look at you. You have nothing to look at anyway," Youngjae said.

I glared at him as Zelo picked up the box, curious to see what made me flare up. He picked up one of them, stared at them for a few seconds before flinging it away.

"Wah!" He shouted.

The set of bikini was thrown towards Jongup, who caught it but quickly let it go, an obvious blush forming on his cheeks. Yongguk, who was much more open, picked it up and handed it to me.

"You can wear this under a t-shirt or something."

I thought of his suggestion and agreed gloomily. It was either that or nothing. I slipped a plain white shirt over the bikini along with shorts. We headed out and although I tried asking them to let me try teleporting with them, they had some issues and said to take the public transport instead.

"The beach!" Zelo shouted and pointed at the blue horizon.

Jongup nudged him and they both had a racing competition to see who reached there first. The other boys walked slowly, but upon letting their feet touch the sand, they went completely wild. Himchan and Youngjae stared towards the younger ones, pushing them into the seawater while Yongguk and Daehyun strolled towards them. I laid out the mats and bags and sat down.

"Join us!" Yongguk shouted, all of them in the waters now.

I looked at the blazing hot sun."I forgot my sunscreen! I don't want to get a tan!"

The boys rolled their eyes and went on playing. But it was only a few minutes later when I saw shadows looming over me. I looked up and saw all six of them beside me.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

They didn't reply but instead pulled me to my feet. Yongguk bent down and threw me over his shoulders, leading me towards the waters.

"Hey! Put me down!" I screamed, thrashing around wildly.

"Hehe. Noona, you're going to go into the waters." Zelo laughed.

I glared at him and hit Yongguk's head. He turns to look at me.

"Put me down right now." I demanded.

He blinked and shrugged."Okay."

I didn't know he meant it literally and I felt the grip he had on me gone in an instant. I fell onto the sand, or what I thought was the sand when water came splashing into my face and the coldness seeped into my clothes and then skin. Some water went into my mouth and I coughed. I could hear the other boys laughing madly at the joke they did on me.

I stood up and pointed at them."You're going to get it from me!"

I started running after them while they went into different directions. I went for the closest one which was Youngjae and chased him. He must have gotten tired because he slowed down and came to a stop, falling onto the sand.

"What do you eat? A thousand energy bars?" He exclaimed, panting.

I smirked and pulled him up, leading him into the waters."No, but lots of snacks."

I pushed him in, which he doesn't even try to fight back and fell into the water. I turned around and saw Zelo creeping up on me. He stopped halfway in an awkward position and quickly retreated.

"What were you doing, Zelo?" I asked.

"Nothing. Just checking if you were alright." He laughed nervously."And it's showing."

"What's showing?"

He pointed at my shirt and saw that the water has soaked my shirt and it is now see through, the red bikini showing as clear as daylight. I tried to pull the wet shirt clinging onto my skin away but it only fell right back so I gave up. I shrugged and gave Zelo and 'so what' look. He just giggled like a little child and ran off to his elders. I walked back towards them, all who were huddled around a sandcastle. But as I neared, I saw Zelo pushing his way through and jumping on the sandcastle. The others glared at him and started chasing after him.

"How dare you! You killed my castle!" Himchan roared.

Zelo came running over to me and for a moment, I thought he was going to be using me as shield when he actually grabbed my arm and made me run with him. He went into the waters which I had to also while the others came along as well.

"Zelo-yah, better come here before I make you," Yongguk warned.

Zelo stuck out his tongue.

"Hey, since we're all in the waters, let's play beach ball!" Jongup suggested.

We agreed and Youngjae appeared suddenly with a ball in his hand. We played a few rounds of monkey which when I was it, I had an extremely hard time while they were having fun.

"Haejin! Catch!" Himchan shouted and threw the ball over to me so Zelo won't reach it.

I raised my hands but it went far over and landed at least half a meter away from me.

"Why can't you even catch that?" Himchan scolded.

"And why can't you be shorter?" I shot back.

Grimacing, I waddled over to take it. When I took the ball, I was about to make my way back when I felt someone hold me back by my shoulder. I turned around and saw a group of 5 boys behind me, one of which has a smirk on his face.

"Are you alone?" He asked.

I was about to answer no when another grabbed my arm and started dragging me towards the other direction. I dig my feet into the muddy sand but the gravity in the water just made it easier for them to pull me along. I was as light as a feather to them.

"Let go." I said but they just treated like I was invisible.

I looked back to the boys who were gathered around each other, laughing and talking and not knowing that I was on the brink of getting kidnapped and .

"Hey!" I shouted at the other boys but they couldn't hear me over the waves.

I turned back to the group of unknown people and tried formulating a plan. The best I got was to try to hit them or kick them with something, which was just what I did. I kicked the guy holding on to me in the shin. The impact was probably not that great since we're in the water but it made him loosen his grip on me. I took that time to run off but my legs couldn't compete with their long ones. A muscular guy threw me over his shoulders and carried me away.

"Ya-" I cried but I felt myself being pulled off and landed back into the waters. A pair of arms pulled me so that I was behind him. I looked up and saw that it was Yongguk. The others were in front of him while Zelo was by my side.

"You alright, noona?" He asked worriedly.

I nodded."I'm fine."

"Back off," Yongguk warned.

The other guys laughed and looked at Yongguk threateningly."Why? Is she yours?"

"She's ours," He said firmly.

"We almost gotten a right there," Another guy said, causing laughter amongst themselves.

Himchan grimaced as his hands clenched but Daehyun put his hand on his shoulder, telling him to calm down. But before Yongguk could say anything else, one of the guy from the other gang jumped up with a yelp.

"What's wrong?" His friend asked.

"I felt something pinch me," He said, looking around cautiously.

Just then, another guy jumped up and slowly, all of them were jumping on their feet like their standing on millions of needles. They quickly rushed out of the sea and onto the sand. I looked at the boys who in turn look just as confused.

"Was it you, Youngjae?" Yongguk asked.

All of us turned to Youngjae who just shrugged."What? It was the second best solution from fighting."

"What happened?" I asked.

"Oh, just sent some crabs their way that's all," He said it as if it was no big deal.

I froze."It won't come to us right?"

"No, course not. I specifically made them come for those jerks back there."

I sighed in relief.

"You okay, Haejin?" Yongguk asked.

"We saw one of them putting you on his back and rushed here," Himchan explained.

"Did they do anything to you?" Jongup questioned.

"I'm fine," I told them."But I think I lost the ball."

"Eyy, no worries. I don't know where I got it from anyway," Youngjae said.

"Did you do magic to get it?" I asked.

"Nope, just took it since it was floating aimlessly."

I gasped."You can't do that! It might be someone's!"

"It's not like anyone is claiming it or anything. Oh, look at the sky. Let's start dinner!" Youngjae said brightly, trying to change the subject as he walked to our picnic mat.