Home

Emily

Did have the whole visits and the flight in detail, but then I realised if I did it in detail we probably wont meet Soohyun in this chapter. So, you'll have to stick with the brief description. Beware to be bombarded with pictures, this is where she looks around the house. For the sake of the story Soohyun's family is very wealthy.

Mr and Mrs Shin stayed in England for a further month, in that month they visited Emily almost every day. They had both grown very attached to the small child. She had not yet spoke to them but she smiled. She smiled, because when she was with them she wanted to smile. Before November was up it was decided that Emily was the child they wanted, to join the family. Never ending stacks of paper work had to be filled in, further back ground checks were needed.

Emily's normal lessons were replaced with a Korean tutor who taught her about the korean culture and language. She loved her new lessons. One reason was because it was one on one tutoring so there were no other children, but mainly it was because the idea of moving to another country was so exciting.  Although she didn't speak the korean words in lesson, late at night when the others had gone to bed, she sneaked into her wardrobe with her work book and with a very soft voice, whispered out some of the Korean words. 

December the 5th. That was the date set when Emily would take her first steps in Korea. 


It was not long before Emily was standing infront of her new home, whilst Mr and Mrs Shin took the bags out of the car. Time had flew by as fast as lightning. Even the nine hour flight (Just guessing here) didn't feel that long. Usually Emily felt uncomfortable sitting next to someone, especially someone who was very talkative. However, Emily quite enjoyed hearing about the other children, their job and their home. She had learned in her Korean lessons that even if you are not related, it is polite to call people brother, sister, mum and dad. Emily liked this as it felt like if she wanted to she could call them mum and dad, and not feel bad towards her parents because of it. 

"Are you ready to meet the others?" Mr Shin stood next to Emily with bags in his hands. Emily beakly nodded a reply clutching her bear to her chest.  "We're home!" several seconds later three more people had joined them at the door. 

"Annyeong ai. This is Emily, she will be your new sister." 

"I'm Eun Ae. You can call me Unnie ney? I'm not as good at English as my Uppa but I'm the second best, so if you want anything just tell me." Eun Ae said in English. She is the eldest child in the family. She was the one who had sorted out the house for Emily's arrival. As the youngest Hana was only one year older than Emily she had offered to share her bedroom. Hana had always wanted to have a little sister to play with, so she was very excited. Unfortunately no one knew anything about Emily apart from the fact that she was a four year old female. 

"I'm Hana, Emily. Lets be friends." Before anyone could stop her, Hana jumped onto Emily giving her a bear hug. 

"AHHH!" Emily shakes Hana off., dropping her bear in the process. In a state of panic she ran to hide under the dinning room table. Hana ran up the stairs crying, going straight into her room. In all the commotion no one knew quite what to do. 

"What just happened?" Eun Ae asked her still shocked parents.

"She's had a tough life. Her parents only died less than a year ago. She doesn't talk and she doesn't like being touched. I'll explain it to you later. Could you go see to Hana, Eun Ae? I'll see if I can get Emily to come out." Mrs Shin turned around to talk to Emily but noticed her Son was already making his way over there, holding onto Emily's bear.

"Hallow Emily." Soohyun wasn't very good at English so it came out broken. "Ae am Soohyun. Aish!" He sighed rubbing his hands through his hair. Giving up on English he starts speaking in Korean. "Oppa's not very good at English. Is he?" Emily shook her head, still crouched underneath the table. "You can understand me?" This time Emily nodded. "Woa!! Chinja? You must be really smart. I'm sorry about my little sister. She shouldn't have jumped on you like that. Is this your bear? What' is his name?" Emily thought about it. She had never giving him a name. As soon as she received him the accident had happened. Then with the coma and the foster home. She had simply forgotten to give him a name. She shook her head at Soohyun. "No name? Poor Mr bear. Hmm How about Soohyun Oppa? Hmm? Don't you think we look alike?"

Emily smiled and nodded like crazy. She crawled out from under the table kneeling in front of Soohyun taking the bear from him. And then...

"Soohyun Oppa." She said very quietly but clearly into the bears fur.


"You are sharing a room with Hana. Is that ok? I talked to her about getting too close, so she wont do that any more okay."  Eun Ae was giving Emily a bath to get her ready for bed. Mr and Mrs Shin had gone to bed, as they had been so busy in England that their energy seemed to have drained out of them. 

 (cute pjs right? I want a bigger pair *sigh*) 

Once she was clean and dressed, Eun Ae went to show her the room she'll be sharing with hana. 
"Do you want to sleep on the top or bottom?" Soohyun asks Emily, he had been picking out a story book to read to the girls. Without replying she crawled into the bottom bed snuggling under the covers with her Soohyun oppa bear. 
"Yay. I'm on top." Hana climbs up the ladder. Once she was safely up Soohyun started the story. It wasn't long before Hana fell asleep. Although Emily was sleepy too she wanted to hear the rest of the story. When Soohyun had finished he climbs up to tuck Hana in and kiss her good night. He was about to do the same to Emily but then remembered she doesn't like being touched. 
 
"Soohyun oppa?" Emily whispers before he could get out of the door.
 
"Hmm?" He turns around to see Emily motion for him to go near her. He bends down and as he does Emily raises slightly and kisses him on the cheek.
 
"Night night Oppa." she whispers before falling asleep."