The decision

Emily

Emily lay on her bed with the 'Beak chang boarding school' guide in her hands. She had almost read it through but she was still undecided. 'Uppa said if I go here it wont be for long, I just have to study hard.' she thought letting out a long sigh. Truthfully she really wanted to go. The thought of being able to study along with kids like her, and actually have her mind challenged, thrilled her to the core, but could she really go to a new school? A new school where she would have to live.

She took her laptop of her bedside table and brought up google maps. She found the school and typed in her home, curious to find out how far away it will be. Forty minuets by car. Too far to travel every day, but close enough for visits. She took the guide and found 'visiting' in the back, page 246.

Visiting

Weekend visits are highly approved of, we believe it is important for the students to maintain a healthy relationship with their relatives and friends. Home visits out of yearly summer break is prohibited for students under eighteen Korean age, but it is possible to have visitors in the school over the weekend if they wish. Birthdays and other important occasions are the exception on the only weekend rule. The students are aloud two months off at summer in which they can return home. At Christmas there is a party in which each student can invite anyone they wish to attend.

This made her slightly worried. Would Oppa be too busy to come see her? She didn't see him enough as it was and they both lived in the same house.

What you doing.” Soohyun had just got back from a long day of training, he had walked past Emily's room and caught her with a worried expression. It was in his nature to care for her, whenever she felt sad or confused he felt it his duty to help her. It had been that way ever since she joined the family.

Emily closed her laptop and slided it under her bed. She scooted over a bit so Soohyun could squeeze in next to her.

Umma told me about that school.”

Hmm.”

Do you want to go?” Soohyun brushed a strand of her hair behind her ear. She nodded but ended up shaking her head, “You're not going to go all mute on me again, are you?”

Nope.”

Then talk to me.”

Oppa?”

Yes?”

You're really busy aren't you?”

At the moment I am, but thats because I'm a trainee. I have lots of things I have to learn and I have to keep up with my studies. I finish school this year, so I wont be as busy soon. Why?”

I can only have school visits, I can't come home except from in the summer.”

Ohh! Don't worry Emily. I will never be too busy for you. I'll come see you whenever you want, just call my name and I'll come running.”

If I call you whenever I want, You'll be running an awful lot.”

Okay then... need?”

Hmm thats better. Oppa, do you think I should go?”

I can't decide that for you. It's something you need to decide yourself.”

I think I might go.”

Okay.”

And with that they both fell asleep. Mrs Shin came up the stairs to tell the kids it was time for dinner, but when she saw her children sleeping so soundly she couldn't bear to wake them.


You got everything?” Mr Shin asks Emily as they where about to leave.

I think so.” Emily turned back to where her siblings were standing waiting to say goodbye. Today Emily was starting Beak Chang boarding school. “I'll be back soon.” She smiled at them and hugged each one in turn.

I'll come see you lots.” Hana says squeezing her sister in a huge bear hug.

Learn quickly ad come back soon.” Eun Ae hugs her and places a kiss on her forehead.

When she gets to Soohyun she just stands and looks up at him. He smiled but Emily could tell he didn't mean it as it didn't reach his eyes. “Don't I get a hug?” He asks holding out his arms which she soon jumps into. “Remember all you have to do is call my name.” He whispers so only she could hear, and slides something into her pocket. He kisses her cheek then lets her go.

Ready?” Mrs Shin Emily nods and follows her parents out of the house. Her home.

Once they where in the car she slides her hand into her pocket and pulls out a purple mobile phone. As soon as she pulls it out it vibrates telling her she had a message.

I'm expecting you to message me everyday. Mobiles are expensive :P xxx Soohyun Oppa.

She giggles at the silly message and write a reply.

Ney! I understand oppa. Thank you xxx