Study date

Emily

 

Emily, your friend is here.” Mrs Shin shouted up the stairs. “You can just go up Dongho. She's in her room.”

Thank you Mrs Shin.” Dongho half bows then runs up the stairs into Emily's room. It was nearing the end of their elementary years. In a couple of weeks they would be taking their school exams. As Dongho sat next to Emily in school they were paired as study buddies. Dongho didn't know if he was lucky or un lucky to be paired with the smartest girl in the school.

She's a studying machine.” he thought when he came to her room and caught her laying in a pile of books. He didn't want to call out to her, he watched her for a bit with a smile on his face.

Oh Hi Dongho.” She suddenly notices him standing in her doorway. “Come in. You're making the place look untidy standing up there.”

Untidy?”

Yeah. It's what my Mum used to say.”

Ahh an English thing then.”

I suppose.” She laughs clearing some of her messy books into neat piles.

What were you studying?”

It's not school stuff. Just something I was doing for fun.” He picks up a book on top of the closest pile and reads the title.

Advanced Linear Algebra... Um Emily. This is meant for University students.” He points to the book with wide eyes.

How could this kid be still in elementary school? I'm sure the government would have snatched her up by now.” He mumbles under his breath enable to believe it all.

I can totally hear you. Besides, I never said I could solve any of them. Some times its nice to sit down and do an equation that I can't solve.”

You really are quite strange, you know that?”

Shut up and study.”

Meanie.” He pouts at her. “Why are you studying anyway. You're just going to get full marks anyway.”

Yes but a certain someone does. If it wasn't for you I wouldn't. Now S.t.u.d.y.” She throws a 6th grade maths book at him. Emily is the kind of person that worries about the people around her. It was easy for her, she could just look at the questions and the answers would just almost immediately appear. It wasn't like that for her friends and she knew it.

Why didn't you want to study at the library today?” Dongho asks her confused. Normally their study dates were done at the library where there was a constant supply of the books they needed. Today however Emily wanted to stay at home. It was the day of Soohyun's audition and she wanted to be home when he got back.

No reason.”

It was almost dinner time when Soohyun got home. He slipped of his shoes and run up to his see his sister.

Emily.” He scoops her up from off the floor and twirls her around. He didn't notice that Dongho was sitting on the floor watching hi every move.

I guess it's good news.” She giggles hugging into him. He replies to her by kissing the tip of her nose making them both laugh even more. “So it worked?”

Indeed it did. I'm officially a trainee for Good entertainment. All thanks to this little guy.” He puts Emily down and takes Kermit out of his backpack. “He really is very lucky.”

You took a teddy to your audition?” Dongho scoffs looking up at Soohyun.

Dongho shut up.” Emily scolds her friend. She didn't know why Dongho was being so mean. He used to look up to Soohyun but recently he'd been acting weirdly.

I'll tell you more about it later okay. I'm going to go wash up.”

What's your problem?” She asks Dongho once Soohyun left.

Nothing Okay. Lets just finish this problem then I'll go home.”

Fine.”



 

 

Soohyun had just come out of the shower. He came out in a pair of pj bottoms, towel drying his hair. He had been working out a lot recently and was starting to get a six pack which he was rather happy about. When he turns on his bedroom light, he almost has a heart attack when he sees Dongho looking very serious.

Why are you in my room?” He asks pulling open one of his draws to find a top to wear.

I wanted to talk to you.”

Fine. Go ahead.”

Don't touch Emily.” Soohyun stops in his tracks and stares at Dogho suddenly interested in what he has to say.

What are you talking about?”

Don't touch Emily.”He said again walking up to Soohyun to get into his face, which didn't quite have the effect he was hoping for due to the height difference.

Emily is my sister. Don't be stupid.” Soohyun laughs and takes a step back trying to put a bit of distance between them.

I may be a kid but I'm not stupid. She's not you biological sister so don't feed me that 'sister' . I really don't understand how someone as smart as Emily can't see it. The lunches, the looks you give her, the fact she is always the first person you go to. It's obvious. It's sick. She's only Ten, why don't you let someone younger have her.” Dongho finishes his threat leaving Soohyun very pissed off. He didn't feel that way about Emily. He just wanted to protect her and look after her. If Dongho had seen what Emily was like before he wouldn't have assumed that. Soohyun steps closer to Dongho consuming him with his height. A tad more threatening than when Dongho did it.

Scary.” He whispers in Dongho's ear. He shoves a flat palm into Dongho's stomach winding him and trapping him up against the wall. “You know I truthfully I didn't feel that way, but now you've mentioned it .. hm .. I don't know. Emily may only be nine but we both know she doesn't act like a nine year old. What makes you think a little kid like you. Would be better for her. Maybe she need someone actually on her education level. You better watch out little boy, after all I am a lot bigger than you. Now get out.” He slams him into the wall one more time then lets go.

When Dongho opens the door, Eun Ae was standing on the other side with her eyes wide. She stares at her brother as Dongho walks put and almost runs down the stairs.

Do you really like Emily that way?” Eun Ae asks her brother with concern.

Course not Noona. I was just saying it to scare him.”

You really shouldn't beat up little kids.”

He threatened me first.”

Whatever. Oh and congratulations on becoming a trainee.”

Thank you Noona.”

Soohyun closed his door and flops down on his bed. He was exhausted, the audition had went on forever, then he had to wait for hours until they finally came out and said he was selected. Maybe that was why he snapped at Dongho. Yeah thats it. Just exhaustion. He couldn't have feelings for his sister, his Ten year old sister. Nope its impossible. But then why did he get so pissed of at the thought of Dongho being with his little sister? He decided to accuse it all on the exhaustion and went to sleep.