Teaser 21.

SPIN-OFF: EXO Lu Han's Snobbish (Man Hater) Soulmate [PLEASE DO NOT TRANSLATE/PLAGIARIZE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N: I’d like to mention some wonderful fellas who recently tweeted about my fic. @kaideshu, @Arfyelle, @misseusimple, @myLyNg..Hi guys! I honestly don’t get bored of thanking everyone. And if you don’t mind, kindly take a look at the title of the chapter. Haha. Teaser 21.. Hmm. Check out EXO’S teaser 21 for the background music. HO-HM. The song will play a role in the chapter. Thank you and I hope you’ll have fun reading. ]

---

>>> CHAE RIN’S POV<<<

I stopped breathing for a millisecond. We’re stuck inside the elevator, and there was no signal for both our phones. 

LU HAN AND I WERE ALONE. 

I can’t even concentrate. What about Joon Myun? I hope Jang Mi is taking good care of him.

And to add to my worries,  Kim Himchan magically appeared in the party. I did not expect life to be so unpredictable.

And it didn’t end there.

I was stuck in the elevator with Lu Han. 

We haven’t spoken for two days. Ugh.

Why did he have to grab my wrist, pull me and lean forward during that night inside my room?

I really thought he would kiss me. I expected it, but it turned out to be nothing for him.

Oh hey Lu Han, it was everything to me.

Have we really grown this awkward around each other? I swear, an hour has passed. Lu Han did not say anything to me. It can’t be that he’s mad. There’s no reason for him to be mad at me.

My mind kept on traveling to Himchan and Joon Myun. 

When I’ve decided to break the silence between Lu Han and I, he also spoke.

“Uhm.” We said in chorus.

Awkward

I let him speak first. 

“Uh, Himchan.” Lu Han uttered unsurely.

Of all topics, why Himchan? Did Lu Han see Himchan talking to me? He must have seen me run in misery. I hated the sight of Himchan tonight. I hated how he reminded me of the terrible idiocy that I got involved in. 

“Himchan.” I said.

Lu Han gave me a puzzled look.

I just noticed that Lu Han and I stayed on opposite corners of the elevator. We were practically avoiding each other.

“Uh… Kim Himchan. He.. . he .. He’s the owner of the gray hoodie and jeans that I lent you.” I said, indirectly referring to the fact that Kim Himchan used to be my boyfriend.

I hid myself from Lu Han by facing the walls of the elevator.

“Your former guy. Kim Himchan of B.A.P. How unlikely.” Lu Han commented.

I was sure that I was out of my comfort zone because I started telling my WHOLE Himchan story to Lu Han. I was too frustrated that I thought I was talking to myself.

My voice was extremely shaky when I narrated my love story with Himchan.

I was still facing the wall, but deep inside, I knew that Lu Han held on to every word that escaped my lips.

“Seong Chae Rin, why are you telling me all this?” Lu Han asked me.

I groaned. “Shut up and understand me. Will you?” I replied in angst.

There were no traces of anger when I said that. I was overly emotional, but no tears came out. 

Not yet. 

I said aloud what happened to Kim Himchan and my best friend, how they did it in front of me, and every single thing. I didn’t stop there; I even told the hate story of my cheating father. I told the story of raising Joon Myun alone… everything, down to my soul’s core.

I have told everything. 

“And Joon Myun is sick right now. He’s sick, and it pains me that I can’t be there for him.”

I finished my tale. 

I shut my eyes and hugged Joon Myun mentally. 

Sorry, Joon Myun. Noona terribly misses you. 

I let out all my deepest frustrations to the two-faced creature who was not saying a word to me. 

But I don't regret telling my story to him.

>>>LU HAN'S POV<<<

Sometimes, life drives over and shifts the gear to a seemingly wrong route, but it turns out to be the right one.

Just like tonight.

I don't give a damn about what's wrong with the elevator. Being stuck in an elevator with her is downright cliche.. 

But it sent my impulses and manly adrenaline kicking and jumping in excitement.

And that short black dress wasn't helping.

My hands are rather skillful, actually my fingers are.

Now wonder why Rubik's Cube is my specialty. My fingers have the ability to do magnificent things.

It was easy, it was convenient. I could just pull her and tell her that I wanted to kiss her during that rainy night.

Then we'd kiss….

Inside the elevator.

It was almost perfect, the elevator thing. Stuck. Alone. Stranded.

Almost.

I saw a thick veil of sorrow in her as she pressed the G button inside the elevator. 

Something's not right.

Something's wrong. 

Usually, she'd groan and complain in a situation like this, but tonight, she stood still.

Even if she did, her eyes told otherwise. Forty kinds of sadness, panic, and anxiety were painted on her eyes.

I decided to break the ice by saying aloud the thought that bothered me. Himchan.

And without me knowing, Chae Rin had removed the imaginary veil of sorrow she had on.

And there it was, her whole story, her suffering, her pain. She told me everything about her.

All the naughty thoughts I had vanished. The quiver of her speech powerfully swiped the indecent and lewd fantasies I was having a minute ago.

As she retold her sad tale, I found myself lost for words, with my fists clenching every time she said the name 'Himchan".

I have lost track of my breathing. I jerked my body and ears towards the loneliness erupting from her body.

It was contagious, her distress...

especially when she ended her story by saying that my little Joon Myun is sick. I myself sighed in anguish.

Since no one was coming down the 21st floor to help us get out from the lift, I figured out that she's losing hope. The fact that she's lifelessly facing the wall told me that she was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter