Waking up

Dude, Where's my cat?

 

I spent a while in the darkness. And it felt so cut off from the world, too far away from everyone I needed.

I wanted to get back, but I just didn’t know how. If it meant waking up, I surly wasn’t doing that any time soon.

I didn’t know when days had passed or when an hour had gone by me, because it all felt the same when all I could see, hear and feel was black.

The pain in my head was dull and constant. It hadn’t stopped hurting since I’d heard Sunny’s voice. How I missed that…

And her hand in mine. All human contact was absent in my state. There was no skin on skin, and it just made things even worse, because if I wasn’t able to reach anyone, how would I get better?

I didn’t know how without someone’s help. Without Sunny’s help.

It took all my strength to just think, let alone wake up.

It felt like I’d been asleep for eternity when the light suddenly blurred into shapes in front of me. Was this it? Was I waking up?

There was a dark shadow in front of me. Was it Sunny? I begged that it was Sunny. When the person finally stopped moving and started looking more like a face I realised that it wasn’t anyone I recognised.

“Welcome back Mr. Cho,” he said smiling a fake smile that said I’m-trying-to-look-like-I-care. “How are you feeling?”

I didn’t want to answer that. I didn’t need to. He already knew. Obviously.

“Your chart looks fine; I think you’ll be ready to go home in a few days,”

Go home? I’d just had an operation, and I could go home in a few days?

In my confusion, I closed my eyes and decided not to acknowledge his presence. He didn’t say anything else, and it was quiet for a time, so I assumed that he’d left.

When I opened my eyes I found myself alone in a horridly bare room with blue walls and regular sized window to my right. The door to the ward was slightly open, but the other door- I assumed, led to the bathroom -was shut.

I had sheets up to my chin and when I sat up, I struggled a little by how tightly I’d been tucked in. It felt like it was really early in the morning, but outside the window all I could see was black sky. I must be on a high level of the hospital then.

My throat was dry, and swallowing was somewhat painful. Looking around, I didn’t see anything that I could drink.

Maybe I could find someone to get me a drink. If I went and found one myself, I might get a drink faster.

I swivelled round on my bed, instantly losing my balance and a wave of nausea washed over me. I had to stop moving and closed my eyes until it was over, but then my head started hurting again.

It didn’t stop though. And I was still laying half across the bed with a dry and sore throat when someone came back into the room.

“Cho Kyuhyun,” what do yo think you’re doing trying to get out of your bed?” a very annoyed and very familiar voice shouted from the doorway.

I opened one eye to see Nuna with her hands on her hips and looking very cross with me.

“Nuna,” I managed before closing my eye again. The sickness was passing, but slowly. I decided I didn’t want to move again.

“Get back into bed, you stupid boy!” she said walking over to me. “Don’t you know your seriously ill?”

Ill? The doctor had just told me I was able to go home, and she’s telling me that I’m seriously ill?

Despite the anger in her voice when she put a hand on my back to support me, it was gentle. She helped me get back in the bed under the sheets that had been so tightly pulled around me.

I let the sickness, which came again after moving, pass before I asked her. “What do you mean seriously ill? The doctor that came in here a few minutes ago said that I could go home in a few days,”

She sighed. And it was a sigh that told me she was sorry. Why was she sorry?

“It’s better if we have the others here when I tell you,”

And with that she left the room leaving me feeling completely horrified at what could be wrong with me. 

^~^

//couldn't be bothered to make it yellow. Hey guys, here's the next one :) so what could be wrong with Kyuhyun?? ahaha it won't be too bad!! (well it is pretty bad, but it gets better) bye!!