Brother Troubles

Dude, Where's my cat?

 

I went to sleep late last night. I couldn’t get the image of the glowing blue stone out of my head. I just didn’t know how it could glow like that.

I woke up pretty late thanks to that, but it wasn’t my own body that got me up. My phone went off loudly next to me.

“Kyuhyun!” she shouted down the phone. That was worrying; she only ever said my name when something bad had happened. I sat up straight away, and regretted it instantly, feeling the blood rush to my head. My vision became blurry for a few seconds, and I could feel my pulse pound in my head.

It took a little while for me to respond, but when the dizziness passed I became very worried. What did something had happened to the baby? Taeyeon would be devastated…but she didn’t sound upset at all. She sounded angry.

“Nuna, what’s wrong?” I asked, cautiously.

“Jungsu just called me.”

I froze.

Jungsu was back? After years of living in America with no contact with any of the family, he was back to…to what?

To ruin someone else’s life? He’s already messed up my first relationship. Why did he need to come back and possibly even ruin another one, or someone else’s.

What if he ruined Nuna’s? What if he did something to cause Nuna to lose her baby? I still hadn’t forgiven him from the first time he was in Seoul.

I had been going steady with a girl from my college, and I really liked her. Jungsu just had to come and into our relationship, and take her away from me.

He was a dirty liar, and a nasty cheater. I couldn’t stand the way he treated girls.

“Baby brother?” Taeyeon called after I’d been in my daze.

“Nuna…”

“Don’t let him into the apartment!” she warned. “If he comes over, tell him you’re just about to go out, don’t you dare let him see Sunny!”

I knew why she was so worried. She was afraid that he would do the same thing to me again that he had while I was in college. Seohyun had been the girl.

I’d been going out with her for about three months, and she ran away with Jungsu, leaving me heartbroken.

They ran away to America together. No doubt that he’d left her.

“What did he say?” I asked, not really wanting to hear the answer, and my throat dried up completely.

“He said he wanted to see you,” she said, “But whatever you do, don’t believe him, and don’t let him into your apartment, okay?” she repeated again.

“I won’t Nuna,”

“Okay, baby brother. If he comes over, just be careful,”

“I will,”

I hung up. I was a little caught up in my own thoughts when Hongki burst through the door.

“Hyung!” he looked exasperated. He’d known about the whole Seohyun incident too. My eyes widened when I realised that Jungsu must’ve been at the door.

“Jungsu?” I asked, swallowing. He looked at me, eyes wide, and nodded. “I’m coming,”

I walked past him in the hall, towards Sunny’s room. I knocked before entering.

“Seakki-ya?” she was sitting on her bed looking through a book from my book case, knowing that she couldn’t understand it, and she looked up at me curiously.

“Stay in your room for a little bit, okay?” I said, and she nodded slowly. I knew she wouldn’t understand this yet. “I’ll explain later, just don’t leave your room,”

And with a final nod from Sunny, I closed the door, and made my way to the front door.

I stood in front of the door, and took a deep breath before opening it. I didn’t know what he was here for, but I just wanted him gone.

When I opened the door, he was sitting on the floor facing the apartment. He looked older; his hair had grown a lot, and he’d dyed it, but his face was roughly the same. He had some stubble grown around his chin, and there was a little age worn into the corners of his eyes.

“Kyuhyun,” he said, standing up. “It’s good to see you,” he made to walk into the apartment, but I blocked the space with my body, hoping that he wouldn’t force his way in. His face showed surprise, and I had my brows furrowed.

“You haven’t seen me in a good few years, and this is how you greet your hyung? By not allowing him into your home?” he said rather angrily.

“You stopped being my “hyung” as soon as you stole my first love,” I said coldly, avoiding his gaze.

“You’re still my little brother, so let me in,” he said pushing past me and through into the apartment. At that moment, I feared for Sunny. What if he found her? What would he do if he found out about her?

I nudged Hongki with my elbow, as Jungsu stood in my open plan lounge/kitchen. “Go and check on the cat, Hongki,” I said, trying not to let slip about Sunny.

“You have a cat? Bring her out here, Kyuhyun,” said Jungsu demandingly.

“I don’t have to do what you tell me, Jungsu, you’re in my home,” I said drawing in a deep breath before standing up to my brother.

He didn’t say anything else, but he sat down on the sofa, putting his feet up on the coffee table.

“Do you mind?” I said, annoyed, and pushed his feet off. “That’ rude!”

“You’re one to talk about rude, Kyu,” he said, glaring at me. I just wanted him out of my house! Why was he even here.

“Why are you even here, Jungsu?” I said, standing above him with my arms folded.

“I came to apologise,” he said through gritted teeth. “It was wrong of me to steal your girl, all those years ago,” I knew he didn’t mean it.

I scoffed. If he thought he could just fake an apology and then come right back into my life, he was so wrong.

“Get out of my house,” I said without any emotion. He looked up at me, eyes blazing with fury.

“Is that anyway to speak to a hyung?” he was shouting.

“I told you, you’re not my hyung any more…” I still didn’t want to look into his eyes.

Jungsu lost it a little, and stood up to his full height, which was at least two heads above mine, and loomed over me. He gave me a shove, and I fell backwards, landing on the floor with a thud. I hit my head pretty hard too.

That was the second time in two days that I’d whacked my head on the floor. I was definitely going to get a bad migraine later.

“Oppa!” I heard Sunny yell from across the room. Oh no! She wasn’t supposed to be in the same room as Jungsu!

I opened my eyes painfully to look at Hongki who was nervously looking between Jungsu and me. “I couldn’t stop her, hyung,” he said apologetically. He kept his distance from Jungsu. I didn’t blame him.

“its fine Hongki,” I said, sitting up with Sunny’s help. She brushed her hand over my forehead, and gasped. I didn’t know what was wrong, but it must’ve been something bad.

“Oppa, you’re bleeding,” she said, and I looked up to see her eyes wide with fear. I didn’t think that bleeding was the most important thing to be taking care of right this second, so I struggled to get up, and I pushed Sunny back into the room.

“You’ve got to stay here,” I said, looking into her eyes, “Please!”

She opened to protest, but I closed the door before she could say anything.

I turned back to Jungsu. He was looking at me with sly eyes.

“You have a girl over here?”

“Don’t you dare, you lying bastard!” I shouted at him, but he didn’t even seem fazed by it. I hated him, no I loathed him. Every inch of him.

“It’s nice to know you’ve moved on, Kyuhyun,” he said, with a smirk on his face. I finally lost my temper then.

“GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!”

He didn’t budge.

“GET OUT! GET OUT, YOU LYING CHEATING SCUM BAG, YOU DON’T DESERVE TO BE HERE!” I ran at him, and I shoved, pushed, and kicked until he was relatively near the door.

Hongki opened it for me; and I gave one final push, and he was out of the door. Together, Hongki and I shut the door as quickly as we could, and locked it.

I sat on the floor, finally feeling the pain from my head, and closed my eyes.

“Hyung, are you alright?” he asked crouching down beside me. He put his hands on both my shoulders.

“Hyung?” I knew he was worried, but I couldn’t say anything until the pain in the back of my head had surpassed, and when it did I finally opened my eyes.

Sunny was crouched on my other side, and she and Hongki helped me onto the sofa. I lay on my side, facing the back so that Sunny could clean it out before she took me to the hospital.

*~~~*

here's the next chapter :D i wrote it right after i updated it the last time, and it was a little silly because that was at about ten, so i ended up going to bed at nearly midnight as i was still writing it at half eleven¬¬!! kinda annoying as i had work today, and i was a little late for it :P but they just laughed ahahaha so it's not that bad. Hope you enjoy this chapter!!! HAVE A GOOD DAY!!! or I HOPE YOU HAVE HAD A GOOD DAY! (Y) Love you all! xxx