a bracelet

Dude, Where's my cat?

 

Soon after Hongki went to sleep, I scooted closer to Sunny on the sofa to whisper in her ear.

“I think we need to start thinking about Hongki’s birthday!” I said, colour reaching her cheeks as I moved closer.

I smirked a little. She was really cute with a little colour on her face. I barley had a chance to say anything else before my phone started going crazy in my pocket, and when I got it out, I saw who was calling this late.

Who else would it be? No one would call this late! I had to move away from Sunny to answer it.

“Nuna! What do you want?” I whinged down the phone, slightly annoyed that she would interrupt my time with Sunny.

“Is that anyway to greet your sister?” she said, and I laughed a little. “YoungWoon and I will be stopping by tomorrow, we’ve got some news to tell you all,” She announced.

“You’re not even going to ask if you can come over?” I asked, suspiciously, anticipating the “news” she was supposed to tell us.

“It’s important, baby brother! You’d better all be there when we come round,” she said, sounding more serious.

Maybe something bad had happened. Maybe one of them was hurt, or worse…dying! I furrowed my brow. That couldn’t be happening, could it?

My big sister couldn’t be dying!

“Is it…is it bad?” I asked cautiously. She stayed quiet for a while, which made my eyes widen. It really was bad!

“Maybe bad for you…but it’s really quite brilliant news!” she sounded really happy. I sighed. Maybe the silence on the other end hadn’t been as long as I’d thought it to be.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, baby brother!” and with that she hung up. I took the phone away from my ear and stared at it like staring at would bring me the answers to why Taeyeon Nuna’s news was.

I had forgotten that Sunny was sitting right beside me. She was looking at me with confusion. As I looked over at her, she smiled at me.

“Your sister?” she asked. I nodded.

“We should go to sleep. It’s getting pretty late,” I said standing, and I looked back to see Sunny do the same.

“I’ll get to sleep in my new bed for the first time tonight!” she said excitedly. I laughed.

“You will.” I started walking towards my room. I stopped when I had my hand on the handle. She was still walking, slowly to her door across from mine.

She opened to say something, but a yawn took its place. I smiled, and waited until she was finished so she could speak.

“Night, Kyuhyun!” she waved as she said it, and then disappeared into her room.  

I lay on my bed that night, unable to sleep. And I couldn’t figure out whether it was anxiousness for hearing Taeyeon’s news, or if it was because I couldn’t get Sunny’s coloured pink, face out of my head.

*~~~*

Tomorrow came too slowly. And as the sun rose outside my window I decided to get up and attempt making breakfast for five people. To be honest, I’d only ever made breakfast for two, and even then was barely edible. Hongki had always done most of the cooking. He was a lot better at it than I was.

I only ever cooked when Hongki was out, or wasn’t coming home until late.

Sunny was still sleeping when I poked my head around her door. She was lying on her side with the covers bunched up around her. She really did have some strange ways of sleeping.

I made my way to the kitchen, and walking past Hongki’s room, I noticed that his door was firmly shut.

He wasn’t up either.  Normally he would be awake and scavenging things in the kitchen for him to make, and then eat.

I stretched as I walked into the kitchen. It was surprisingly tidy, compared to how Hongki left it after cooking. Sunny had probably done it after she cooked breakfast the other day.

Just then I heard a door close, and the sound of feet shuffling along the floor. I turned around to see Sunny walking towards the kitchen. She was wearing my shirt again and her eyes looked like they hadn’t even opened yet.

“Morning,” I said to her, mused as she took some eggs out of the fridge, still with her eyes shut.

“It’s okay, Kyuhyun, I’ll make the breakfast,” she said, putting a hand over and yawning into it.

She picked up a spatula from the cup sat beside the sink, not seeing that it had been used and nearly put it in the clean saucepan that was on the stove. Before it touched the pan though, I took it from her hand.

She turned around and gave me a quizzical look.

“You’re too tired to cook, Sunny,” I laughed. “Let’s just go out to eat, okay?”

She opened to protest but I gently shoved her out of the kitchen, and patted her rear as she walked back to her room.

I put the spatula back in the cup near the sink, and returned the eggs to their place in the fridge. I sighed, not knowing when Taeyeon Nuna would show up today, I’d just have to get a take away.

I saw Hongki emerge from his room shortly after. He looked quite refreshed. It must’ve been all that sleep he had.

“Hey,” he said, walking past me to the fridge, pulling out a carton of orange juice and pouring it to a glass that he’d gotten from the cupboard above his head.

“Morning. You’ll be pleased to know that Taeyeon is coming round later,” I told him, leaning back against the counter to watch him down the glass.

“Really?” his eyes widened and a grin spread on his face. I nodded.

“She said she has some news to tell us all, so don’t go out anywhere,” he nodded, and put the glass back onto the counter.

“Do you know what time she’s coming round?” he asked, still wide eyed.

“No,” I said shaking my head. “That’s why i said don’t go out,” I smiled, as he poured himself another glass, then putting the carton back into the fridge, he followed me to the lounge.

“I can’t wait to see her!” he sang merrily as we both sat, side by side, on the sofa.

“It was only like…yesterday that you saw her last,” I mused. He just smiled, and guzzled down his orange juice.

He didn’t say anything else. I went back to my room to change, and to freshen up before Taeyeon got here.

She’d probably get here in the afternoon anyway, so there was no point getting ready now.

I didn’t bother taking a shower, since it was already occupied by Hongki, so I decided to go and sit in Sunny’s room.

She wasn’t there when I went in. But I stayed there anyway. It was still bare, like when I’d first put it together. There wasn’t anything, except the messy bed, to suggest that anyone was living in it.

My shirt was strewn across the floor, and the clothes that she had worn yesterday were in a neat pile in the corner of the room.

It hadn’t hit me yet, but it wasn’t Hongki who was in the shower. And I didn’t feel the need to leave Sunny’s room.

I sat down on her bed, after straightening out the covers, and picked up her pillow. It was pretty squishy. Best pillow I’d ever spent money on, and it was a lot of money for one pillow.

There was something still lying on the bed though. It had been under the pillow. It was small bracelet, and it was silver. It had a glowing blue stone in the centre of it, and I wasn’t sure if the stone was something that could be found on earth.

I took it in my hand. It was warm. Replacing the pillow, I took a closer look at it. The blue stone seemed to have a picture in the middle, it was of an old man’s face, and he was shouting.

Wait…that meant the picture was moving. But how could such technology fit inside this small bracelet? It was hurting my brain a little.

I turned it over in my hand, and on the back was an engraving. It was in some foreign language, so I couldn’t understand it.

‘Ακίνητα της πρώτης κυρίας’

And in smaller writing there was a longer passage underneath.

‘μόνο η κόρη μου, να τηρούν αυτό με σας πάντα, θα σας προστατεύσει, και να ξέρετε ότι σας αγαπώ με όλη μου την καρδιά. Ο πατέρας σου’

I recalled that Sunny had talked about knowing how to read Greek, so I guessed that it was Greek.

I still had the bracelet in my hand when I heard footsteps coming up the hall. It was Sunny. I quickly stuffed the bracelet back under the pillow and stood, making my way to the door.

But the door crashed into my face as soon as I reached it, and I stumbled back a few steps. I heard Sunny yelling my  name in surprise.

I reached out to grab something to stop me from falling over, but all I could feel was a towel textured material, and that came down with me.

I hit the floor, my head bouncing off it, and something fell on me heavily.

I opened my eyes to see Sunny’s wide eyes staring back at me. Her hair was dripping onto my clean shirt. 

*~*

sorry there has been such a delay in the next chapter! -_- i've been ill recently, again. but here it is, and i hope you enjoy it! :D see you next time!! hopefully it won't take as long as the last time did! LOVE YOU ALL! xxxxx