Hongki's angst

Dude, Where's my cat?

 

SPECIAL CHAPTER [1]

I was just sat in between Sunny and Kyu and it felt like the atmosphere could be cut with a knife. We were sat in front the tv, the volume turned down slightly, and Kyu had his arms stretched out on the back of the sofa behind me and Sunny.

Every so often, Kyu would ask a question that Sunny would answer, or laugh at and then silence would fall upon us again. I sighed, feeling unwanted in this situation. I could tell when I wasn’t wanted. It was as if I was -blocking them.

“I think I’ll just go and sleep some more,” I said standing and smiling like it wasn’t hurting me that my Hyung wanted me gone.

“Haven’t you slept enough, Hongki?” Kyuhyun Hyung asked, looking concerned as he made a move to get up and help.

“I’m fine, I think I'll sleep off the pain in my head,” I smiled and then looked past him at Sunny. “Thank you for the peas,” Sunny smiled at me and nodded; my eyes lingering on her a little longer than necessary.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then?” said Hyung, glancing at the clock on top of the telly, as did I. It was already seven. We hadn’t even eaten yet, but I didn’t feel hungry.

“Night, Hongki,” said Sunny, my name rolling off her tongue like honey…

“G’night,” I said back, my heart pounding a little roughly inside my chest.

I closed the door of my room slowly, peering out of it as I did, and seeing Hyung scoot closer to Sunny on the couch.

I lowered my eyes so that I didn’t have to see anymore, and turned away from the door. I felt so betrayed for some reason. I didn’t quite know why I was feeling this way…and it couldn’t be because of Sunny, could it?

I shook the thoughts out of my head. No. That couldn’t happen. I would not let myself fall for a cat, let alone my Hyung’s cat.

It was obvious that he liked her, buying her presents, scooting closer to her on the couch…

And it was obvious that she liked him back, spending every day in his room running her finger’s over his books and whispering secrets that she wouldn’t share with me…

Truth be told, I did like her. It wasn’t until I headed out to sort out the stupid new employee and I’d forgotten my wallet, so I had come back and seen Hyun staring at Sunny asleep that I’d realised he liked her too.

But I’d decided then that I would let him have her…

As it was, I could tell Sunny would never be interested in me. I was like the little brother type of friend to her, and she only saw me that way.

In fact, I wasn’t even sure how she saw either of us, she was quite an innocent girl, and it was a little difficult to picture her falling in love with anyone with the amount of knowledge she has with this planet…

Well, I didn’t know where she’d come from. It could’ve been a whole other universe for all anyone knew about her.

I lay on my bed face down, and shoved my face into the pillow, barley even able to breathe. My lamp was still on, but I wasn’t able to see the light from where I was facing.

I had lied, honestly, I knew I wasn’t going to be able to sleep. Who would when they knew the person they loved was sitting so close to someone they cared about?

And by sitting close, I meant something else …

In truth, I don’t think I slept a wink that night. I think the pressure of knowing they were just outside doing who knows what was hurting my brain. 

^~^

WOO look at that, a double update! :D haven't done one of those in a while, xD loool! hahaha i'm talking to my friend on skype and he says he's having trouble with inspiration, does anyone know how to help my poor friend?? :P eheheh i will tell him your ideas if you tell me, then maybe he can get back to what he likes the most, writing, just like me!! <3