Chapter 46 (ii)

Ms. Independent

 

A/N: I don’t know why I’m still getting new readers even if this is ending (and crappy) but thank you so much :) Btw, sorry for the long wait. I had a lot of stuff to do including looking for a new job, which is harder than you think. But anyway, here’s the 2nd part. Enjoy!

PS. Unedited. Didn't even read it twice. Just wanted to update tonight. Just a friendly warning.


 

 

“Taeyeon!” She hugged Taeyeon tighter, afraid that if she let go, Taeyeon would disappear.

 

Taeyeon hugged her back just as tight. It had only been less than a day but she missed Tiffany so much. Seeing her now, Taeyeon wanted to just tell her everything but she had to keep mum and go on with the plan. 

 

“You didn’t leave yet,” she sobbed on Taeyeon’s shirt.

 

Taeyeon rubbed her back and smiled. “You really think I’d leave without saying goodbye?”

 

Tiffany shrugged and Taeyeon chuckled. They stood there in each other’s embrace for a few minutes before finally letting go. Taeyeon brought up her hands to wipe the tears off Tiffany’s cheeks.

 

“So, you mean you planned this all along? Leaving the apartment so early to surprise me tonight?”

 

“Uh... yeah.” Sure, let’s go with that.

 

Tiffany gave her a light slap on the shoulder.

 

Taeyeon chuckled before pulling Tiffany in for a kiss then another hug. She pulled away minutes after and they continued at each other lovingly until a loud cough interrupted them. They turned their heads and saw their friends and Tiffany’s uncle by the kitchen entrance. Tiffany slightly frowned when she saw unfamiliar faces behind the familiar ones but chose to question their presence later.

 

“I know you missed each other a lot, but the birthday girl needs to blow the birthday candles and get this party officially started,” Sooyoung grinned as she nudged the cake forward.

 

Tiffany felt a warm hand holding hers and looked to see Taeyeon smiling brightly at her.

 

“Come on.”

 

Taeyeon tugged on her hand and she followed the pull towards where the others were. 

 

“Make a wish!”

 

She closed her eyes and made her wish. She knew it would probably remain a wish but...

 

I hope Taeyeon stays...

 

She took a deep breath and opened her eyes before blowing the candles. She smiled as cheers and loud applauses filled the air.

 

“Party party!” Yuri cheered.

 

---

 

The speakers were blaring music from Yoona’s iPod and everyone else were speaking loudly above it but all she could hear was Taeyeon’s sweet voice. The voice she had missed so much despite not being able to hear it for only a day.

 

Taeyeon gently squeezed the hand in hers and smiled. “Are you having fun?”

 

She nodded and smiled back. “I am now.”

 

Taeyeon laughed.

 

“Rude,” someone interrupted. They both looked up to see Jessica glaring at them. “So you mean you wouldn’t have enjoyed it without Taeyeon even if we were here?”

 

Tiffany stuck her tongue out childishly. “Yes!”

 

“Remind me not to plan another party for you ever again. Ungrateful.”

 

Tiffany chuckled amusedly before standing up and giving Jessica a hug. “Thanks so much, Jess.”

 

Jessica hugged her back. “No problem.”

 

They hugged for a few more seconds before finally letting go. Jessica went back to the others while Tiffany sat beside Taeyeon again and snuggled close to the girl.

 

They stayed there, sitting quietly and enjoying their moment when someone disturbed their peace.

 

“Ahem... Taengoo?”

 

Both immediately stood up.

“Aren’t you going to introduce us to this beautiful lady?”

 

“Oh yeah!” Taeyeon held Tiffany’s hand and walked closer.

 

Tiffany was confused but followed after Taeyeon anyway.

 

“Umma... Appa...”

 

What?! Her parents?! These people are her parents?! Omo! She gulped. She wasn’t prepared to meet Taeyeon’s parents. She looked down at her dress and silently thanked God that she was wearing a decent one. 

 

“This is Tiffany.”

 

“Omo,” Mrs. Kim exclaimed. “You’re really pretty. Isn’t she, honey?” She asked her husband.

 

“She is. Good choice, Taengoo,” he chuckled.

 

Both Tiffany and Taeyeon blushed. So they know?

 

Taeyeon cleared . “U-uh, yeah. Tiffany, my parents.”

 

Still with red cheeks, Tiffany tried to beam out a smile as she bowed at the two. “Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Kim.”

 

“Too formal, dear. Just call us Appa and Umma like Taengoo does.”

 

Tiffany’s eyes widened before they disappeared as she smiled widely. “Umma, Appa.” It had been years since her parents passed away and it felt good to call someone that again. She was even happier that they were Taeyeon’s parents.

 

Taeyeon was smiling at the scene when a hand grasped her shoulder and another held her arm.

 

“Well aren’t you going to introduce your siblings too?”

 

She smiled at her brother and sister before introducing her siblings to the love of her life.

 

“I’m going home with them,” Taeyeon said once all introductions were done. 

 

Tiffany only nodded, trying to keep her tears at bay. She wouldn’t cry in front of Tiffany’s family, especially when she saw how their eyes twinkled with happiness when Taeyeon mentioned home.

 

---

 

The night went on as she tried to enjoy the party with Taeyeon and Taeyeon’s family but she dreaded every minute that passed because it meant that Taeyeon’s departure was drawing closer. She tried to distract herself by talking to her friends, to Taeyeon’s sister, Hayeon, whom she liked at first glance and even met Taeyeon’s cousin on her way to the kitchen to get some juice.

 

As it turned out, Hyoyeon, Taeyeon’s cousin, was the same girl she kept bumping into. Once was in the hallway after that doorbell incident, and second was in the supermarket, when Hyoyeon dropped something. Unfortunately, Hyoyeon must’ve forgotten those encounters because she kept insisting that she didn’t recognize Tiffany. It was weird, she thought, but shrugged to herself, thinking that maybe it was just someone who looked like Hyoyeon.

 

Tiffany was now listening to Taeyeon’s mother when she felt something heavy lean on her side. She looked and saw Hayeon yawning and leaning her body against hers. She smiled. The girl had been clinging onto her since an hour ago and Tiffany didn’t find it irritating the least bit. If anything, she found it adorable that this little Taeyeon look-a-like was sticking with her.

 

“Are you sleepy?”

 

The young girl nodded and closed her eyes as she continued to lean on Tiffany.

 

Tiffany chuckled, catching the attention of Taeyeon’s parents.

 

“Oh, Hayeon’s sleepy. I think we should go. Honey, look for Taengoo and tell her that it’s time to go.”

 

Tiffany felt her heart sink at that. Not only was she sad that Taeyeon was leaving her – probably for good – but it might also be the last time she would be able to see the family that managed to warm her heart in less than two hours. 

 

Hayeon. That adorable little kid.  

 

Jiwoong oppa. Like a manlier version of Taeyeon.

 

Mr. and Mrs. Kim. Like the parents she once had.

 

She was going to miss all of them. Two hours was not enough to get to know them.

 

She watched as Taeyeon’s parents bid goodbye to her uncle and Jiwoong oppa bowing to her friends. Taeyeon woke Hayeon up and told her to go with Sunny and Hyoyeon to the car.

 

Taeyeon approached Tiffany with a sad smile on her face. 

 

“Tiffany,” Mrs. Kim called out, “I think we should get going. It was nice meeting you, dear. Two hours was not enough, but I’m sure we’ll see each other someday,” she smiled warmly at Tiffany before looking at her daughter. “ We’ll be waiting inside the car, Taengoo?”

 

Taeyeon nodded and they all watched them go to the car. She turned around and almost instantly, was engulfed in a hug. She felt her shirt get wet and sighed. She hugged Tiffany tightly and tried to soothe her.

 

---

 

She hugged Taeyeon tightly, not willing to let go of her any time soon. She felt Taeyeon rubbing her back in an attempt to soothe her but it didn’t work. She continued sobbing uncontrollably. 

 

Taeyeon tried loosening their hugs minutes after but Tiffany just held on tighter. Her heart clenched but she smiled through it. “I have to go home, Tiffany.”

 

That just made Tiffany cry harder. Home wasn’t with her anymore.

 

“I love you. Remember that.” With that, Taeyeon pulled away slightly, just enough to give her a passionate kiss, which Tiffany returned just as eagerly. If that was going to the last kiss they share, then she would make sure it was memorable.

 

They tilted their heads to deepen the kiss. Both felt breathless but both didn’t care one bit.

 

Seconds became minutes and it was getting harder and harder to breathe. They were forced to break the kiss. They panted, trying to catch their breaths but not taking their eyes off of each other.

 

Tiffany traced Taeyeon’s face with her eyes, trying to memorize every detail of it.

 

Taeyeon smiled again and caressed Tiffany’s face. She gave her one last lingering peck before stepping back. “I have to go.”

 

Tiffany reluctantly nodded and watched as Taeyeon slowly walked backwards to the car waiting for her, not breaking their eye contact.

 

She gave her one last wave before entering the car.

 

Tiffany felt an arm drape around her shoulders but didn’t take a look to see who it was. Her eyes remained on the slowly disappearing car.

 

---

 

She kept crying in her uncle’s arms as her friends could only look on sadly.

 

Who would’ve thought their plan would reduce Tiffany to this? Taeyeon must’ve become a very important person in Tiffany’s life in such a sort time.

 

Minutes passed and TIffany’s tears didn’t stop from flowing down her cheeks. If anything, her sobs grew louder. 

 

The original plan was to keep Tiffany in Uncle Hwang’s house at least an hour after Taeyeon left but seeing their friend like this broke their hearts.

 

As if reading their minds, Uncle Hwang looked at them and nodded.

 

Taking it as a signal, Jessica spoke up.

 

“Tiff, do you want to go home?”

 

Tiffany nodded but didn’t move. She stayed in her uncle’s embrace until Uncle Hwang removed his arms around the girl.

 

“Come, I’ll drive you home.”

 

Yuri whipped out her phone as Jessica guided Tiffany out of the house.

 

She’s coming.

 



 

A/N: CUT! Lol the story just doesn’t want to end itself, does it? One more chapter! Just one more, I promise. Lol it’s like a 3-part ending. Then Epilogue! I’m pretty sure you all know what’s going to happen next anyway (...or not). Next update might not come until after the 27th. i have a couple of interviews and exams this week so I'm going to have to focus on those first. Hope you guys understand. Don't kill me.