Chapter 37

Ms. Independent

 

A/N: Sorry for the super duper late update. I kept editing this chapter because I couldn’t decide whether I wanted drama or fluff. Anyway, I also think the fic will be ending on chapter... 45? 50? Or somewhere in between. I want to end it before my Christmas vacation – or before the year ends at the latest – if possible. Anyhoo, this chapter might be a little... blah because I don’t know. I can’t seem to write properly right now. But anyway an update is still an update. :D *coughmorehintscough*

Oh yes, I have Twitter now. Lol idek. Haha. For those of you who want to talk to me, follow me! @hwaitaengoo309 I don’t really tweet that much but if someone talks to me, I reply right away. So follow follow! And yes, I follow back. Woot! :D


 

 

“So what do you think of the apartment?”

 

“I think it’s perfect. Thank you for doing this, Sunny.”

 

“It’s really no problem,” Sunny grinned. “Have you told Mr. Hwang about your arrival?”

 

“Not yet. Maybe later.”

 

Sunny nodded and they continued with their conversation.

 

---

 

Taeyeon held Tiffany close as the latter snoozed comfortably after a long day at the mall. They had a typical date where they watched a movie – and cuddled – while sharing popcorn and a cup of soda. After the movie, they had a light dinner before walking around the mall.

 

They went to shop after shop, and although Taeyeon had a hard time balancing the numerous shopping bags with one hand, she couldn’t pass the opportunity to hold Tiffany’s hand with her other. She had a great time and she hoped Tiffany did too. Although it was a normal, typical date, what was important for her was that she spent time with Tiffany. 

 

She gazed at Tiffany’s peaceful face. She smiled but it faded immediately when she remembered the sadness she saw in her eyes earlier. Despite denying it countless of times, Taeyeon knew that there was something wrong. It wasn’t rocket science to figure out that Tiffany’s eye smiles weren’t genuine. She wanted to ask her but Tiffany would just smile at her and completely change the subject. She would sigh and just let the girl be; not wanting to pester her further. 

 

She then remembered her conversation with Hayeon. She sighed again. She misses her sister and her parents. But something in her sister’s voice from yesterday wasn’t right. She was crying but it wasn’t... sad? She shook her head, thinking that it was silly to think of that. 

 

Her contract was coming to an end. What then? Of course she has to go home. But what about Tiffany? The mere thought of leaving the girl made her tighten the hold she has on the sleeping girl. Tiffany was her first love and she can’t bear not being by the girl’s side. 

 

Is her love for me enough to make her say yes if I ask her to come with me? 

 

But does Tiffany love her that much to agree to leave her Uncle, her friends, her job – her life – and go back with her to Jeonju?

 

And what about me?

 

Is my love for her enough to make me say yes if she asks me to stay?

 

---

 

Taeyeon woke up when she suddenly felt cold. She forcibly opened her eyes and turned to her side, frowning when she didn’t see Tiffany there. She rubbed her eyes gently and sat up. She looked around the dim room in hopes to find Tiffany but was only greeted by emptiness. She got out of bed and trudged to the bathroom.

 

The door swung open before she could even touch the doorknob revealing a freshly showered Tiffany. 

 

“Good morning,” Tiffany smiled brightly before kissing her lightly on the lips.

 

She smiled weakly, still a little too sleepy to reciprocate the cheerful greeting. 

 

Tiffany laughed. “Go take a shower while I prepare breakfast.”

 

She nodded and gave Tiffany a small peck on the cheek before going inside the bathroom and shutting the door.

 

She took her toothbrush and smiled to herself when she caught her reflection on the mirror. 

 

Tiffany makes her happy. 

 

She was happy here.

 

---

 

Tiffany was humming while making breakfast for Taeyeon and herself when a pair of arms circled her waist. She almost yelped in surprise before a kiss landed on her cheek. She sighed in content and slapped Taeyeon’s arms. “Yah! Don’t scare me like that.”

 

Taeyeon laughed and squeezed her before letting go. “Sorry. I couldn’t resist. Anyway, what are you making?” She made her way beside Tiffany and peeked at the pan. “Ooh. Pancakes. Haven’t had that for a long time. Do you need help?”

 

Tiffany shook her head. “Nope. Just take a seat and I’ll be done in a while.”

 

Taeyeon nodded and walked to the table to take a seat.

 

Moments later, they were devouring Tiffany’s pancakes and chatting happily. They heard a loud thud from outside and looked at each other. “What was that?”

 

Taeyeon shrugged. “Must be the neighbors.”

 

“Ah.” Tiffany nodded and went back to eating. 

 

Seconds passed when they heard another loud thud. “I think we should help them,” Tiffany said.

 

Taeyeon nodded and quickly finished her pancakes. She stood up and waited for Tiffany to do the same before they both went outside the apartment to check on the loud neighbor.

 

---

 

“Yah! Could you be any slower?! Stop dropping the box! The contents might be all broken now!”

 

“Yah! You’re carrying a teeny tiny plastic bag while I’m here lifting a huge and very heavy box! How can you expect me to walk faster?”

 

“I don’t care how you do it! Just walk faster before they catch us!”

 

“Help me the–”

 

Hyoyeon instantly stopped talking when she heard a door creaking open from behind them. She saw Sunny’s eyes widen and knew right away whose door it was. She lifted the box with all her strength – strength she never knew she had – and half ran towards their apartment. She had successfully opened the door when she was pushed – though it really felt to her like she was kicked – inside before she heard the door shut loudly.

 

“Unnie, are you okay?”

 

She looked up to see a worried – albeit a little amused – pair of eyes staring back at her. “I was kicked, wasn’t I?”

 

The other girl nodded before laughing uncontrollably.

 

Hyoyeon could only groan and lie her back on the hard floor.

 

---

 

Sunny kicked Hyoyeon on the behind just in time before the door next to their’s opened fully. She quickly straightened up before forcing out a big smile on her face as she saw her two friends walking out of the room with furrowed eyebrows.

 

“Soonkyu?”

 

“Don’t call me that!”

 

Taeyeon snickered. “Were you the one creating all that noise?” She saw her best friend’s eyes landing on the small plastic bag she was gripping. “Hm...”

 

She cleared to rid herself of nervousness. “I... Ah, yeah. I... tripped? Oh! Yes. I tripped a couple of times. Sorry. Did I wake you up?”

 

Tiffany shook her head. “No. We were already eating breakfast. We thought a neighbor was having a hard time carrying something.”

 

She stiffened. “O-oh. Well, no. That was just me.” She gave out a stiff smile.

 

Taeyeon smirked. “Still clumsy, I see.”

 

Sunny glared at her best friend before turning to Tiffany. “Could I possibly borrow my best friend for today? I haven’t been able to hangout with her since I came back from Jeonju.”

 

“Sure. You need your best friend bonding anyway.”

 

Sunny smiled as thanks. She then looked at Taeyeon. “I’ll get ready and knock on your door when I’m done. Get ready too! See you!”

 

She waved goodbye and quickly went inside her apartment only to see Hyoyeon still lying on the hardwood floor. “Yah. Get up and help me fix these things.”