Chapter 35

Ms. Independent

 

A/N: Okay, here’s the thing, a reader pointed out something, and I don’t know why I failed to notice it. In Chapter 2, Taeyeon told Tiff that she already know everything there is to know about her, so everything I wrote on Chapter 34 just seems to contradict that. SO! I edited Chapter 2 (more like deleted the part where they talked about knowing more about Tiff), and a bit of Chapter 34 so that it’ll flow better because that scene in Chapter 2 wasn’t as important as the scenes in Chapter 34. Thank you, @imjustaSone for pointing it out. If there are still other things any of you want to point out, please do so. I think I'll edit the whole thing once it’s done so the PDF version wouldn’t be as crappy as this one.

I’m sorry, I’m such a fail. I think the hiatus messed up my mind and made my writing crappier than it already was. :(


 

 

Tiffany unknowingly fell asleep while sitting on Taeyeon’s lap. She got tired of trying to suppress her tears and the hurt she felt and eventually succumb to sleep. Taeyeon felt pain on her thighs after half an hour of not moving and carrying Tiffany but she didn’t move as her girlfriend was peacefully sleeping. She thanked the heavens above that no one came in and saw them in this position. She was proud to have a girlfriend like Tiffany but being caught by the girl’s employees while in their sweet moment would be rather embarrassing for both of them.

 

She caressed the girl’s side to soothe her more. She was still feeling bad about not knowing Tiffany’s birthday – among other things – but she was determined to be a better girlfriend starting now. She kissed the girl’s head before gently waking her up.

 

“Tiffany,” she whispered.

 

The girl stirred and eventually woke up. Tiffany went hysterical when she found out that she fell asleep for half an hour, stating that she had a lot more to do. She playfully blamed Taeyeon for being as comfortable as her bed, earning a chuckle from the older girl.

 

The rest of the day went by smoothly with Tiffany finishing up her work and Taeyeon feeding her with the bread she bought from the cafeteria and catering to Tiffany’s every need.

 

---

 

“Soonkyu-ah!”

 

“Uncle!” Sunny said in a whiny voice while making her way to the table.

 

The man chuckled. “What? It’s your name and it’s a pretty name. You shouldn’t be ashamed of it.”

 

“But it sounds so old,” she said, earning another chuckle from Mr. Hwang and the other girl beside her.

 

Mr. Hwang shook his head while smiling. He then turned his head to flash a kind smile to the other girl. “Hello, you must be Hyoyeon?”

 

The girl smiled and stood up to bow. “Hello, Mr. Hwang. Yes, I’m Kim Hyoyeon. Nice to meet you sir.”

 

“No, no, sit. Don’t be so formal with me. Nice to meet you too, Hyoyeon. How was the trip?”

 

“It was fine, sir. A little tiring, but fine.”

 

Mr. Hwang finished his coffee before setting the empty cup aside. “Just call me Uncle like Soonkyu does.”

 

“O-oh. Okay, Uncle.” Hyoyeon smiled.

 

“Okay, so let’s talk about the plan.”

The two girls nodded and waited for Mr. Hwang to continue.

 

“How’s everything going so far?”

 

“Good, Uncle,” Hyoyeon said. “I managed to convince them just in time before Sunny dragged me out of Jeonju,” she chuckled while Sunny pouted.

 

“That’s good. What else is there to fix?”

 

She shook her head. “Just their papers, but other than that, everything’s ready to go.”

 

“Oh, so I don’t have to go back to Jeonju anymore?”

 

She shook her head once more. “Not unless you want to go there for vacation,” she smiled at him. “Your one time visit pretty much settled everything for your part, Uncle.”

 

“That’s good to hear, Hyoyeon-ah. Thanks for doing it. I know I kind of rushed you, but we only have a little over two weeks left and I was worried it wouldn’t be done on time.”

 

Hyoyeon grinned. “It’s fine, Uncle. It was my pleasure doing this with Sunny. Besides, my cousin deserves this.”

 

Mr. Hwang nodded. “She does. Oh, by the way, where are you staying? In Sunny’s apartment, I presume?”

 

“Yes, Uncle.”

 

“Okay, but please be careful. Taeyeon might catch you there. Tiffany will be fine because she doesn’t know you, but Taeyeon might see you and start asking questions.”

 

Hyoyeon glanced at Sunny before looking back at the man. “We’ll be careful, Uncle.”

 

---

 

Tiffany thrashed around the bed, waking Taeyeon up in the process. The older girl opened her eyes and turned to see Tiffany moving about on the bed. She shook the girl’s shoulders, hoping it would wake her up. 

 

When it didn’t work, she hugged the girl as tightly as she can. Tiffany began to slowly relax in Taeyeon’s hold. She woke up and saw the worried pair of eyes looking back at her. A tear fell from the her eye as she quickly hugged Taeyeon.

 

She felt safe. 

 

She pulled back a bit to kiss Taeyeon’s lips while the older girl caressed her cheek. 

 

“What’s wrong?” Taeyeon asked softly.

 

Tiffany gulped and stared at Taeyeon’s eyes. Is it okay if I become selfish just this once? 

 

“Hey, what happened?” Taeyeon was getting more worried by the second.

 

Tiffany took a deep breath before answering. “Don’t leave me.”

 

What she said confused Taeyeon. “Huh? Of course, I won–”

 

“Stay.”

 

Taeyeon finally realized what Tiffany was asking of her and it seemed a lot more serious than when she asked it in the office earlier. Tiffany was pleading. She swallowed. She didn’t know what to answer. She told Mr. Hwang she would consider but...

 

“Please?”

 

She didn’t answer and just hugged Tiffany again. She closed her eyes and prayed for sleep to come faster.

 

---

 

The next day, Taeyeon walked out of the apartment in a rush, not wanting Tiffany to wait for her downstairs for too long. She and Tiffany both woke up late and were hurrying so they wouldn’t be more late than they already were. As she passed by Sunny’s apartment, the door opened. She looked to catch a glance of what she thought was her best friend but then came a gasp and the door was slammed to a close. 

 

She didn’t have time to figure out what happened as she continued to make her way to the elevator.

 

---

 

Hyoyeon panted as she leaned her back against the door. “Oh my God. That was scary.”

 

“What was?” Sunny came out of the kitchen in a cute apron. She was quietly cooking in the kitchen when the loud slamming of the door surp her.

 

Hyoyeon continued to breathe heavily as she looked at Sunny. “Taeyeon. Oh my God, I never thought I’d be this afraid of her.”

 

“Huh? What do you mean?”

 

“Taeyeon. I saw Taeyeon when I was about to take out the trash.” She pointed to the black plastic bag resting beside her feet.

 

“Omo! How is that possible?” She glanced at her clock. “It’s almost 10! Tiffany’s work starts at 9. Did Taeyeon see you?”

 

Hyoyeon shook her head, her breathing slowly becoming normal. “I don’t think so. I managed to close the door before she could turn her head, I think.”

 

Sunny sighed in relief. “Oh good.” 

 

There was a moment of silence before Sunny spoke up again.

 

“So, breakfast?”

 

Hyoyeon nodded as she kicked the plastic bag to the side and followed Sunny to the kitchen.