Chapter 34

Ms. Independent

 

A/N: I’m back! Earlier than expected because my team is AWESOME! We actually finished the project like a couple of days ago but I decided to write at least two chapters of this first before updating. I don't like how I wrote this update but... this will have to do for now. 

Anyway, let’s fast forward a bit okay? :D Watch out for a tiny hint right about the end of this chapter. :) It’s a hint for... something :) You’ll know when you catch it. 


 

 

Days passed after their beach trip and everything was going well for the couple. Taeyeon has moved in to Tiffany’s room to sleep beside the girl every night, much to the latter’s delight. Their friends were happy for both of them and they were even happier to see how much Tiffany has changed.

 

Tiffany was sleeping soundly on her bed when the blaring sound of her phone’s ringtone woke her up.

 

Not willing to open her eyes, she blindly searched for her phone that was on top of her bedside table. After knocking a few things off the table, she finally managed to grab a hold of her phone. She tapped on the screen and answered it.

 

“Hello?” her voice filled with drowsiness.

 

“Miyoung, good morning.”

 

She finally opened her eyes and looked at her phone’s screen. It was her uncle. She brought the device up against her ear again. “Good morning, Uncle.”

 

She heard her uncle chuckle. “I’m sorry. I must’ve woken you up.”

 

“Eeh owheiiii,” she said as she yawned.

 

“Alright. Well, I’d just like to ask you if you want to celebrate your birthday here or there in your apartment. I know we celebrated here last year, but I just wanted to ask you now if you ever changed your mind.”

 

Her drowsiness instantly disappeared. She sat up in a flash. She looked at her bedside table for the calendar but found it missing. Her gaze then fell to the floor and finally saw what she was looking for.

 

I must’ve knocked it off the table earlier. She picked it up and stared at it. Her birthday was a good two weeks away. Which means...

 

“Miyoung.”

 

Her uncle’s voice brought her out of her thoughts.

 

“Y-yes?”

 

“So, where do you want to hold the party?”

 

“I-...” Does she even want to celebrate it now? Knowing fully well that it’s the day of Taeyeon’s departure, how will she even celebrate?

 

“Miyoung?”

 

“U-uncle, I-...”

 

“Do you want to think about it first?”

 

“Y-yes,” she answered softly.

 

“Okay. Well, call me when you have decided. Take care, child. Bye.”

 

“Bye.”

 

She sighed and got out off bed. She felt something was off and walked back to bed. Then she remembered. “Where’s that girl?”

 

She walked out of the room and almost crashed into the girl she was looking for.

 

“Woah, careful now.”

 

Taeyeon was holding a tray. She looked at it closer and saw a plate filled with pancakes. Beside it was a glass of what seemed like fresh orange juice.

 

“What’s that?”

 

“Breakfast!” Taeyeon said cheerfully. She carefully balanced the try on one hand and tried to push Tiffany back inside the room with the other. “It’s supposed to breakfast in bed, so go back to bed!”

 

“I can always eat in the kitchen, you know. That’s what it’s for.”

 

With one final push, Tiffany was sitting – rather awkwardly – on the bed. Taeyeon laughed. “Sit properly.”

 

After glaring at the girl, Tiffany complied. She watched as Taeyeon placed the tray on her lap. The older – but younger-looking – girl clapped her hands. “Eat up!”

 

She cut her pancakes before popping one slice into . She smiled. “It’s good! But why do I need to have breakfast in bed?” she asked as she fed Taeyeon with a slice.

 

“Oh!” Taeyeon finished chewing before continuing. “You were so tired yesterday that you were knocked out the moment we stepped foot inside the apartment so you didn’t get to eat dinner. I didn’t want to wake you up, so I decided to just make you breakfast in bed. Aren’t I sweet?”

 

She was, but Tiffany wasn’t going to admit it. “You’re not. Now, shut up and help me finish this!”

 

“Then feed me!”

 

---

 

“I’m bored,” Taeyeon huffed as she stood up and went in front of her girlfriend’s desk.

 

Tiffany looked up. “Well, you can go to the cafeteria to eat or something. I might take some time with these papers so you can probably ask Juhyun to accompany you.”

 

Taeyeon beamed. “I’ll do just that! Okay, I’ll be back. See you later!” She leaned forward and kissed Tiffany’s forehead before skipping towards the door.

 

Tiffany shook her head before smiling at the now-closed door.

 

---

 

“Juhyun-ah!” 

 

The younger girl looked up from her computer to see Taeyeon waving at her from outside her office cubicle. She waved back and smiled. “Hi, Taeyeon unnie. Do you need help with anything?”

 

Taeyeon stepped inside the small cubicle. “Oh, I just wanted to ask if you want to come with me to the cafeteria for some snacks. I was kind of bored and hungry.”

 

Juhyun chuckled. “Okay then. Mind if we bring the others along? It’ll be the perfect time to talk about the surprise party,” she said as she began to fix her things.

 

“Oh, surprise party? What for?”

 

Juhyun stopped in her tracks and looked at Taeyeon incredulously. “You don’t know?”

 

“Huh? Don’t know what? You’re confusing me, Juhyun-ah.”

 

Juhyun sighed as she slightly pushed Taeyeon’s shoulder to start walking towards Yonghwa’s cubicle. “And you call yourself her girlfriend. It’s Tiffany unnie’s birthday about two weeks from now, unnie.”

 

Taeyeon froze. It is?! “It is?!”

 

“Yup, it is, and we’re planning a small surprise party for her a few days before,” said a voice. Both Taeyeon and Juhyun turned their heads to see Yonghwa walking out of his cubicle. “Sorry, I heard the two of you and decided to in.”

 

Juhyun smiled and waved off the apology. “It’s fine, Oppa. We were coming to get you anyway. You up for snacks at the cafeteria?”

 

He grinned. “You know I’m always up for that! Come on, let’s get Nicole and Sulli.”

 

Taeyeon was still frozen, thinking about how she didn’t know Tiffany’s birthday. Heck, there were a lot of things she didn’t know about her girlfriend. Was she a bad girlfriend then? Maybe she was.

 

“Unnie?” She blinked several times before looking at Juhyun. 

 

“Er, yes?”

 

“You were spacing out. Let’s get those two and head for the cafeteria, you seem really hungry. Come on.” Juhyun grabbed her wrist and Taeyeon followed the pull.

 

---

 

Taeyeon stepped into Tiffany’s office with a bag of bread and coffee in hand. Tiffany looked up to the sound of the door opening, and smiled as Taeyeon walked closer to her.

 

“Hey,” Taeyeon said and placed the bag and cup down before walking around the desk and kissing Tiffany on the cheek. 

 

“Hi,” Tiffany grinned, “how was snack time with Juhyun and friends?”

 

Taeyeon walked back to the other side of the desk and sat on one of the chairs in front of it. She chuckled. “You call them that? Well, it was fine. Killed my boredom for a moment.”

 

“That’s good.”

 

Silence consumed them as Tiffany continued to work while Taeyeon was just staring at her.

 

“Taeyeon, stop staring, I can’t concentrate.”

 

Taeyeon grinned. “You look really hot when you’re serious.”

 

Tiffany blushed and lowered her head to hide her face from Taeyeon. “Shut up.”

 

“Hey, can I ask you something?”

 

With her still blushing cheeks, Tiffany looked up to face the older girl. “Of course.”

 

“How many boyfriends have you had?”

 

Tiffany laughed. “You want to ask me that now? Gosh Taeyeon, I thought it was a life-threatening question or something. Why are you so serious?”

 

“How many?” Taeyeon was serious.

 

Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows. “Zero.”

 

“Girlfriends?”

 

“One. You.”

 

Taeyeon had to smile at that, but turned serious again. “What’s your favorite song?”

 

Tiffany told her the title of the song, even mentioning the name of the artist who sang it. The questioning continued for another few minutes.

 

“What’s up with all these questions, Taeyeon-ah?”

 

Taeyeon sighed and leaned back on the chair. “It’s just that... I figured that I don’t know much about you. I mean, I only knew your favorite food now! How is that even possible?” She sighed again and closed her eyes. 

 

“Taeyeon-ah...” she heard Tiffany call her, but she didn’t open her eyes. She waited for the girl to continue. She heard a chair being pushed back followed by footsteps coming near her. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that Tiffany was walking towards her. She felt the younger girl put her arms around her neck from the back followed immediately by a pair of lips on her forehead. 

 

She opened her eyes and saw Tiffany looking down at her. “Don’t stress yourself too much about that. We have forever to get to know more about each other.” Her own words stung her heart painfully but she covered the pain with a smile on her face. “You’ll stay with me forever right?”

 

Taeyeon took the arms around her neck into her hold and gently caressed them. “O-of course.”

 

Tiffany tried her best to force out a genuine smile. “Then there’s nothing to worry about.”

 


 

Dun dun dun.... there's nothing to worry about, like Tiffany said. :)