Chapter 33

Ms. Independent

“Yah, where is she?!”

 

“I don’t know! She followed Tiffany an hour ago and never came back!”

 

“Aish, that girl! She made me do all of this! She better be on her way back!”

 

“Hey babe, have you seen Tiffany?”

 

The two enraged girls looked to the side and saw Jessica walking towards them with Yoona not far behind.

 

“I don’t know! Taeyeon went after her and never came back!”

 

Jessica chuckled and walked closer to her girlfriend to rub her back. “Calm down. If they’re together, then there’s nothing to worry about.”

 

“Yes, there is!” Yuri exclaimed, startling Yoona who was standing beside her, “She made us run around the resort trying to fix everything up for her and now they’re both nowhere to be found!”

 

“Relax, Yuri-ah. We’ll just have to look for them then.”

 

---

 

“You should’ve told us!”

 

Taeyeon hung her head low as Yuri and Sooyoung were standing in front of her with their arms crossed.

 

Yoona, Jessica and Tiffany were just looking on from the side with amused expressions.

 

To say that Yuri and Sooyoung were mad was an understatement. They were infuriated. Not only did Taeyeon suddenly disappear on them, but the older girl had actually popped the question while she was away, and without telling her ‘accomplices.’

 

“If you wanted to ask her in the beach – in the water – you should’ve given us a heads up!”

 

“Yeah! We shouldn’t have ran around the resort like idiots looking for pink table clothes, pink lanterns, pink flowers and other pink stuff I didn’t even know existed!”

 

“We could’ve just pushed the two of you off that jetty this morning! Could’ve saved us all the trouble!”

 

“It was unexpected,” Taeyeon said with a small voice. She tried looking at Yuri and Sooyoung but quickly looked back down when she thought she saw fire burning in their eyes.

 

“Ugh!”

 

Seeing that her girlfriend wouldn’t calm down any time soon, Yoona motioned for Jessica to step in.

 

“Alright, that’s enough, Soo, Yul. I think she got what you mean and she looks sorry.” Jessica dragged her girlfriend towards the door while Yoona dragged hers. “Let’s sleep. It’s been a long day, I’m sure everyone’s tired.”

 

Tiffany sighed and walked closer to Taeyeon. She patted the girl’s head and bent down when the older girl looked up. She kissed Taeyeon lightly on the lips before making her way to the door. “Goodnight.”

 

Taeyeon smiled at her and mouthed an “I love you.”

 

“Where are you going?” Tiffany turned her head to see Sooyoung looking at her with a cocked eyebrow.

 

“Um, my room?”

 

“Oh my, why are you two so slow?” Sooyoung sighed and made her way to their room. Yuri shook her head and went to her room.

 

Jessica and Yoona chuckled at the way their girlfriends were acting. Yoona then faced Tiffany. “Your things are in Taeyeon’s room. Since you guys are together now, you can share a room. Don’t her, okay? We’ll be able to hear it for sure.”

 

“YAH!” Tiffany shouted with a flushed face.

 

Jessica and Yoona laughed at her before running back to their respective rooms.

 

---

 

Taeyeon was lying on the bed with her eyes closed when she heard the soft click from the door. She assumed that the girls left and sighed. She was about to turn off the lamp when she felt the bed shift. She quickly turned to the side and saw Tiffany smiling widely at her.

 

“Yah!” she put her hand over her chest. “You scared me! Why are you here? Did you sneak in again?”

 

Tiffany made herself comfortable on the bed before turning to her side to face Taeyeon. “No, I didn’t,” she paused to see Taeyeon’s raised eyebrow. She slapped the girl’s arm. “I really didn’t! Yoona said that since we’re official now, we can share a room. I don’t know how, but they’ve managed to transfer my things here.”

 

Taeyeon nodded in understanding before settling herself beside her now girlfriend.

 

Girlfriend. She unconsciously smiled at the thought.

 

“Stop smiling and let’s go to sleep,” Tiffany mumbled while placing an arm over Taeyeon’s stomach.

 

Taeyeon chuckled and turned to her side to hug Tiffany. “Wow, not even a day into this and you’re already so demanding.”

 

The comment earned her a painful pinch on her side. 

 

“Ow! Why are you so violent?” Taeyeon asked with a frown, but it was soon replaced with a grin when she felt the other girl soothing the injured area.

 

“Sleep.”

 

“Wait, before we do, can I ask you something?”

 

Tiffany groaned. “Make it quick.”

 

“How did you sneak in earlier? I mean, I was so sure I locked the door.”

 

Tiffany hid her face on Taeyeon’s chest and mumbled something incoherently.

 

“Huh? What’s that?”

 

Tiffany sighed. “I told them I was your girlfriend and that I accidentally left the key inside the room and you were sleeping and they gave me another one and-”

 

Taeyeon laughed, ending Tiffany’s rambling. “Wow, and they didn’t even become suspicious of you?”

 

The other girl frowned. “I think it’s because they saw us together earlier when we first stepped in the hotel.”

 

“Verrrry sneaky, Hwang Miyoung.”

 

Tiffany groaned at the teasing and shifted on the bed so that her back was facing Taeyeon instead. The older laughed at the action and moved to hug the girl from the back instead. “But thanks. I think the reason I had a great nap earlier was because you were here. Thanks for being a smart girl and sneaking in; and for accepting my heart. I love you,” she whispered in Tiffany ear.

 

Tiffany smiled. “I love you too.”

 

---

 

“Food! Oh my gosh, I’m famished!” 

 

The group of friends watched Sooyoung run to the buffet table and quickly lining up while eyeing the food prepared. 

 

“What do you see in her, Jessica?” Yuri said before shifting her attention to her side, where her girlfriend was supposed to be. She was surprised to see her gone. 

 

She felt a tap on her shoulder and turned to see Jessica pointing at the person behind Sooyoung, looking like she wanted to take everything on the table. “I can ask you the same thing, Yuri-ah.”

 

While Jessica and Yuri went over to their girlfriends, possibly trying to slow them down, Tiffany and Taeyeon took their time walking towards the buffet area. 

 

Once they’ve reached, Taeyeon raised her eyebrows, “Where’s the food?”

 

“Aish, Sooyoung and Yoona must’ve taken everything.” Tiffany looked around, looking for a waiter. Once she did, she called him and asked him if he could take out some more. He nodded and left. 

 

“Let’s just wait. The waiter said he’ll be back with some–” Tiffany didn’t get to finish what she was saying when she noticed that Taeyeon was a few steps ahead of her, eyeing a piece of bread. She chuckled when she saw Taeyeon her lips before attempting to grab it but failed when another person took it. 

 

“Hey, I– oh, it’s you!” She heard Taeyeon say. She walked closer to see what happened and saw one of the girls from the beach yesterday smiling shyly at Taeyeon.

 

“Um, you can have it,” the girl said with a bit of cuteness that could possibly make Tiffany throw up right immediately.

 

“Oh, no, it’s okay. You got it first, so it’s yours.”

 

“It’s okay, really. Here, have it,” she saw the girl put the bread on Taeyeon’s plate. She rolled her eyes.

 

Oh please.

 

“It’s okay! I’m sure the waiter can– mmmph.”

 

Tiffany grabbed the bread and shoved it inside Taeyeon’s mouth. She slightly glared at the girl before leaving them and heading to their table. 

 

---

 

“OOH! Nice one, Fany-ah!”

 

“Yeah, that’s my best friend!”

 

“You showed her!”

 

“That was so cool!”

 

Jessica, Sooyoung, Yoona and Yuri were all watching the scene from afar. They laughed and cheered when they saw how Tiffany acted. It was like they were watching a basketball championship if someone saw them. 

 

---

 

“Tiffany!”

 

She heard her name being called but didn’t turn to look. She continued walking to the lobby.

 

“Hey, wait!”

 

She could hear the girl panting but ignored it. Just as she was about to walk out, a hand grabbed her arm and pulled her back. She glared at Taeyeon and roughly pulled her arm away from the girl’s grasp.

 

“Y-yah. What’s wrong? You ignored me the whole time during breakfast and now you’re avoiding me. What did I do?”

 

“Are you really that clueless?” Tiffany hissed.

 

Taeyeon arched a brow at the tone. “Did I do something wrong?”

 

“Hopeless,” Tiffany muttered.

 

“Okay, you’re really confusing me. Why are you acting like I cheated on you?”

 

Tiffany didn’t say anything and glared fiercely at the shorter girl.

 

Taeyeon’s eyes widened. “Yah! I never cheated on you! We were only official last night! How could I have possibly cheated on you?”

 

“I don’t know, bread girl.” She emphasized the last word angrily. She knows she was being ridiculous but she can’t stand seeing the girl flirt with her girlfriend – and Taeyeon not even minding it.

 

Taeyeon now understood. “Ah. So this is what it’s all about.” She chuckled a bit. “You shouldn’t be jealous about that girl – or any girl for that matter. I told you, my heart is yours until you decide to give it back. I wouldn’t have said that if I didn’t mean it, you know.”

 

Tiffany finally softened at Taeyeon’s sincerity. She lowered her head in shame. “Sorry,” she muttered.

 

Taeyeon smiled and pulled the girl for a hug. She the girl’s hair soothingly. “It’s fine. I love you, Tiffany, and no one, not even that bread girl or a y model or a hot actres–” Tiffany pinched her side, and she chuckled. “No one will ever change that, I promise.”

 

The younger girl finally smiled. She pulled away slightly from the hug before leaning closer to Taeyeon. 

 

Getting the hint, Taeyeon inched forward. Just as their lips were about to touch, a cheerful voice interrupted them.

 

“Hi!”

 

Annoyed, Tiffany looked to the side and saw bread girl standing there with her friend, looking at Taeyeon with a seductive smile. It annoyed Tiffany even more, making her glare at the girl.

 

Taeyeon, who was equally annoyed, fought the urge to glare too. She then thought of something. She smiled at the girl. “Hi bread girl. I would like you to meet Tiffany,” she pointed to the glaring girl beside her, “she’s my girlfriend. I’m sorry, but I believe we were having a very sweet and intimate moment that you just happened to ruin, so please, run along. I don’t have bread with me, so I don’t think I can help you right now.” She turned towards Tiffany and gave her a peck, surprising the younger one. She held her hand and pulled her out toward the hotel exit.

 

“Bread girl?” she heard bread girl say faintly before she got out of the door.

 


 

A/N: Okay, so here’s the thing. My boss just recently gave my team a new project. Apparently, this is a big one. Bigger than the one I had the last time. So I might have to take a short (like really short) hiatus. It might not even be called that because it’s only going to be until the last week of September – probably a few days after Hyo’s birthday. Remember I even took 3 weeks to update that one time? So I guess this shouldn’t be a big deal, but I’m letting you know anyway. I’ll still be able to go online but I doubt I can write anything during that time. If you want to talk to me, feel free to drop a PM here or visit my Tumblr (if you know my URL haha). 

So I’ll see you guys in a few weeks? :)