Chapter 2

Ms. Independent

 

 

-DING DONG-

She opened the door and saw Taeyeon wearing a simple shirt and skinny jeans while holding two bags, “Oh, come in. I’ll show you your room so you can put your bags down.”

“Okay, ma’am.” As they were walking towards the room, Taeyeon looked around the apartment. She was surprised at how a CEO of a big company can live in a simple apartment. For sure she has a lot of money, she thought.

“Too simple, huh?” Her thoughts were broken by her boss’ voice.

“Oh, sorry, ma’am. I was just looking around.”

“No need to say sorry, really. I get that a lot. My friends told me I should get a bigger one, but what’s the use of having a big one when I live by myself, right?”

“Right, ma’am.”

“Okay, now go inside the room, freshen up and meet me in the dining room.”

Taeyeon nodded and went inside the room. After a few minutes, Taeyeon came out still wearing the same thing. She was afraid her boss might get mad at her if she suddenly comes out wearing a tank top and short shorts. 

By the time she arrived at the dining room, her boss was already finishing up cooking. Her eyes widened at the sight of her boss cooking for her.

“Oh! Ma’am, I’ll do that for you!”

“No, no. Sit. I’ll do it myself. I’m almost done anyway.”

Since it was an order from her boss, she complied. 

“By the way, no need to call me ma’am. Just call me Tiffany. You look like my age anyway. Besides, I don’t need a personal assistant, so I can just consider you my friend.”

“Oh, no, that would be disrespectful, ma’am. And I’d rather you consider me your personal assistant.”

Tiffany frowns, “It’s more disrespectful to disobey your boss’ orders.”

“O-oh. Sorry, ma’am.” Taeyeon was afraid that she made her boss mad. On her first day!

“Tiffany.”

“S-sorry, Ti-tiffany,” she stuttered.

“You stuttered, but good enough.” Tiffany smiled before she started eating.

Taeyeon stays quiet for a moment before she also started eating.

“So, Taeyeon,” Tiffany started, “what made you decide to be a personal assistant? I mean, isn’t that kind of hard? Doing other people’s work for them?”

Taeyeon swallowed the food she was chewing before answering, “I just needed a job. Any job. My parents are having a hard time paying for my little sister’s tuition fee, so I decided to help them.”

Tiffany nodded, “Such a good daughter.”

“Thank you, ma-” she paused when she saw Tiffany glaring at her, “um, Tiffany.”

Tiffany smiled. “So Taeyeon, since we’re going to be friends, tell me more about yourself.”

“Oh, well, there’s nothing much to tell except the basics. My name’s Kim Taeyeon, 27 years old, currently working as a personal assistant for a CEO of a big company, I have a sister, and an older brother. My brother has his own family now, and they’re living somewhere here in Seoul while the rest of my family are back at home in Jeonju.”

“So you’re living alone?”

“Yes, ma- Tiffany.” She quickly corrected herself, afraid of receiving another glare from her boss.

“Hmm. We both live alone then. It’s a good thing I made you stay here.”

Taeyeon nodded as she shoved another spoonful of food inside .

They continued talking while eating their dinner. After, Tiffany was about to get Taeyeon’s plate but was stopped. “I’ll do it, Tiffany. You already cooked dinner, so let me wash the dishes.”

“Oh no, I can do this.”

“I know you can, but I’m your assistant. I should do this.”

“No, you don’t. And you’re not my assistant, remember? You’re my friend and my guest here, so let me do this.”

Taeyeon thought for a while before saying, “But you’re letting me stay here until I get dismissed right?”

“Correct.”

“So until then, I should consider this my home right?”

“Correct again.”

“And if this is my home, then I am no longer a guest. So, I should be helping you with the chores.”

“Smart,” Tiffany said making Taeyeon grin, “but still no.” 

Taeyeon frowned, “Why not?”

“I’m used to doing things myself, so you don’t need to help.”

“But I want to help,” Taeyeon insisted.

“No, no. You can go to the living to watch TV, or go back to your room to sleep.”

“I can’t do that. Your uncle might kill me for not doing my job.” Taeyeon shuddered at the thought.

Tiffany chuckled, “He won’t know.”

“But I would. It’ll bug me all night.”

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon weirdly, “You’re weird.”

“Yes, I am. So please let me help.”

Tiffany sighed, “Fine, but you only wash your plate and glass. Leave mine alone.”

“What?”

“Wash yours, I’ll wash mine.” Tiffany said before starting to wash her plate; not waiting for Taeyeon to answer.

Taeyeon couldn’t do anything but say, “Oh, okay. Fine.”

 


 

 

Yayyy! Thanks to the subscribers and those who wrote comments :) SooSic and YoonYul will appear in the next chapter, hopefully. :)