Chapter 19

Ms. Independent

 

A/N: A few clarifications before we get started:

  1. About Tiffany being the ‘man’ in the relationship: It’s just something that popped into Tiffany’s head when Taeyeon clung onto her. It doesn’t necessarily mean that she is going to be the ‘man.’ (Although honestly, it’s not really important in this story.)
  2. Taeyeon is scared of the rides but so is Tiffany. They’re both scaredy cats. Haha. Anyway, Tiffany isn’t as afraid as Taeyeon because she was too busy enjoying the moment of having Taeyeon cling to her. But... what’s wrong with a scared Taeyeon anyway?
  3. Is Taeyeon really oblivious about Tiffany’s feelings? Not sure. Maybe she is, maybe she isn’t. If you’ve noticed, we haven’t exactly been ‘following’ Taeyeon to know whether she is clueless or not. I have yet to write a chapter about her and her true feelings & thoughts, so wait for it. Maybe it’ll start with this chapter. *wink*

So... enjoy!


 

 

 

The next day, Tiffany woke up with a smile on her face. She was a bit tired from their trip yesterday, but the events that occurred at the amusement park made her beam. She was so happy that she couldn’t sleep last night as she kept on replaying their ‘moments.’ She walked out of her room only to frown at the sight of an already-dressed Taeyeon.

 

She glanced at the wall clock in her living room and saw that it was still early. She walked up to the girl and asked, “Why are you dressed up so early? We don’t have to be in the office until 2 hours from now.”

 

Taeyeon looked at her and smiled. “Hi, good morning.” Her smiled slowly faded. “I’m sorry, but yesterday, while we were at the amusement park, it seemed that Sunny was calling my phone but I didn’t notice because of everything that happened, so now to appease her anger, I offered to go with her the whole day.”

 

Tiffany tried to suppress a frown but failed.

 

“I-I mean if that’s okay,” Taeyeon quickly added when she saw her frown. “I mean, you’re still my boss and all. I just figured that... well...”

 

“She still hasn’t found an apartment I presume?” Tiffany tried to sound nonchalant.

 

“Not yet.” Taeyeon sighed.

 

Tiffany quietly sighed. “Okay then.”

 

“Thank you!” Taeyeon smiled and Tiffany cannot help but smile back. “Well, I better go now. See you tonight!”

 

Before Tiffany can say anything, Taeyeon bolted out the door.

 

Tiffany sighed loudly as she went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

 

---

 

“Hi! Good thing you came!”

 

“You’d probably kill me if I don’t,” she muttered under her breath and sat down.

 

“I heard that.”

 

“Good.”

 

“Whatever. Anyway, we won’t be apartment-hunting today.”

 

Taeyeon looked at her, confused. “What? I thought that was the main reason I’m here?”

 

“Well, it’s not. I lied. Get over it.”

 

Taeyeon leaned back and crossed her arms. “You mean I missed work for nothing? If Tiffany finds out...”

 

“You and I both know she won’t get mad. I mean, she’d probably get mad at me, but not you.”

 

“Huh? Of course she’ll get mad at me. I have been going out with you for a number of days now, and I told her that we’d be looking for an apartment. If she finds out I lied... or wait... that you lied, I’ll be done for!” Taeyeon was flailing her arms everywhere.

 

“She won’t get mad at you. Trust me,” Sunny said calmly. 

 

“How can you be so sure? Last time I checked, you weren’t exactly an expert on Tiffany Hwang.”

 

Sunny grinned. “I’m not, but I’m an expert on something else.”

 

“And what could that be?”

 

Sunny smiled but ignored the question. “So anyway, do you have anyone you like right now, Kim Taeyeon?”

 

“I don’t have time for that, Sun. I have to work for Hayeon, remember?”

 

“I’m working, and I have time for your cousin.”

 

“You must be Superwoman, bravo,” Taeyeon said sarcastically.

 

“Jessica has Sooyoung and Yoona has Yuri. You don’t have any excuse Taeyeon. So let’s try being truthful this time. Do you have anyone you like?”

 

Taeyeon sighed. “I like you,” she mumbled.

 

“...”

 

“...”

 

“...”

 

“...”

 

“...”

 

“...”

 

“Nice. That’s cute,” Sunny said flatly, “but you’re not that innocent to not know what I’m really talking about so stop playing with me.”

 

Taeyeon sighed and dropped her shoulders. “Who will I like though? I’ve only been with you, Tiffany and her friends recently.”

 

Sunny raised an eyebrow as if telling her that the answer should be obvious. 

 

“What? You mean Tiffany?”

 

Sunny rolled her eyes. “No, Jessica. Steal her from Sooyoung because I’d like to see a wrestling match between a midget and a giant.”

 

Taeyeon frowned. “Why are you so mean? You’re not that tall either, you know.”

 

Sunny ignored the insult and said, “That’s life. So... do you like her?”

 

She shrugged. “I don’t know. I haven’t thought about it. What I do know, however, is that I like it when she smiles or laughs. I mean, you’ve seen her smile right? It’s addict-”

 

Sunny cut her off. “Actually, Taeng, I haven’t seen her smile. Whenever we go see her, she seem to have a frown on her face.” She was hinting that Tiffany’s mood goes down whenever the CEO sees them together.

 

“You haven’t? Omo, Sunny-ah, I’m telling you, it’s very pretty. I mean, the way her eyes form two perfect crescents, and how her pink lips would curve upwards...”

 

Sunny smiled at her friend. Seriously? How can you not know if you like someone when you’re talking like a lovesick fool right now?

 

“But I mean, even if I do like her, isn’t that inappropriate? I mean, I’m just her assistant.”

 

Sunny broke out of her thoughts and looked at her friend. “What’s wrong about liking her? I mean, love is for everyone right?”

 

“For me there’s nothing wrong, but come on, it will never work. She’s the CEO of a very big company while I’m her assistant. An assistant who is struggling to save up for her sister’s education.”

 

Sunny looked at her incredulously. “Excuse me? You? Struggling? Taeyeon, you were at the amusement park yesterday. How is that ‘struggling?’

 

“I struggled to go through the roller coaster and haunted house without fainting.”

 

Sunny laughed at that. She knew her best friend was scared of the rides. She wasn’t really someone who could get scared easily, but having a simple life in Jeonju never permitted her to go amusement parks with big scary rides. She never bothered herself with going to those kinds of places either because she was more interested in studying or helping her parents take care of her little sister. 

 

“You’ll get used to it. You’re a city girl now Taeng. So now, back to Tiffany. You’re not sure if you like her? But it’s okay with you right? I mean, that she’s a girl and all?”

 

Taeyeon looked at her weirdly. “I wasn’t born in the 60’s, Sun. Of course it’s fine. I’m really just not sure. And! Don’t forget the fact that I’m only her assistant. She’ll never like me like that.”

 

She already does, stupid. 

 

---

 

“Coming through,” she heard someone say from the door. She tore her gaze away from her computer and saw Jessica coming through it.

 

She sighed. “Seriously, don’t you have a job or something?”

 

Jessica gasped loudly and pretended to look hurt. “Woah there, missy. Just because Taeyeon isn’t here, doesn’t mean you should lash out on me.”

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes.

 

“Oh wait... what was I going to do?” and when Tiffany was about to answer, Jessica snapped her fingers and inhaled deeply, “Ahhh... love is in the air. Where can it be coming from?” she sniffed and sniffed while making her way to Tiffany, “Oooh! It’s coming from you!”

 

Tiffany felt Jessica sniff her hear and pushed the girl’s face away. “Yah! What are you doing?”

 

Jessica smiled at her. “When are you going to admit to me that you like Taeyeon?”

 

“What? I don-”

 

“Girl, don’t even deny it. I saw what you did in the Ferris Wheel. You better admit it now or I’ll tell the others. I have been a good friend, I haven’t even told Sooyoung!”

 

Tiffany froze. She saw that? D*mn. “Ugh. Fine. I do like her... but please don’t tell the others yet. And don’t tell them about what happened in the Ferris Wheel either! She was asleep so I thought... why not hold her hand right?”

 

Jessica smiled at her.

 

“Wait, how did you even see us in the Ferris Wheel?”

 

She took a seat at the couch and grabbed a magazine. “Oh, I didn’t, but thanks for telling me what happened anyway.”

 

WHAT?! “WHAT?!”

 

Jessica laughed. “I didn’t exactly see you, but I figured you would do something like that. That midget of an assistant of yours is too scared, like you, so I figured, she’ll get tired with all the screaming and everything and you’ll take advantage of her.”

 

Tiffany walked up to her, sat down beside her and slapped her arm. “Don’t say it like that. You’re making it seem like I did something bad to her.”

 

Jessica shrugged. “Maybe you did.”

 

She received a harsher slap this time before hearing a knock on the door.

 

Tiffany glared at her before saying, “Come in!”

 

Taeyeon’s head then popped in. “Hello!”

 

Tiffany instantly stood up and smiled. “Hi.”

 

Taeyeon walked in followed by another figure.

 

Tiffany raised eyebrow when she saw Sunny walking in her office. 

 

“Sunny-ah!” Jessica stood up and walked towards the girl and hugged her.

 

Tiffany stared wide-eyed. Since when are they close? “What are you guys doing her?” She said, sounding a little more annoyed than she intended. She was happy Taeyeon was here, but when she saw Sunny, her mood instantly dropped. 

 

Jessica snickered. She knew that Tiffany was pissed that Sunny was there. The other three people in the room stared at her. “Ah. Ahem. Sorry. Ahem.”

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes, knowing that her friend is having the time of her life seeing her jealous. 

 

“Oh, I don’t know. Sunny just told me to bring her here,” Taeyeon answered.

 

She then looked at Sunny with an unfriendly gaze.

 

Sunny was unfazed, knowing fully why Tiffany was acting this way. “Jessica told me to come here.”

 

Jessica snapped her fingers. “Oh yeah! Sunny-ah! I found you an apartment!”

 

Sunny’s eyes glimmered with happiness. “Where??”

 

“The one beside Tiffany’s!” Jessica said, her voice filled with happiness.

 

“What”

 

“What??”

 

“WHAT?!” 

 

Hell no...