Chapter 10

Ms. Independent

A/N: Thanks for the comments and new subs! Let me hug you guyssss! Your comments mean so much to me because I have low self-esteem and I am usually pessimistic. Haha. What am I saying? Anyway, here's chapter 10! :)


 

 

It was time for Tiffany and Taeyeon to go home, so their friends walked them to the door.

 

“Yoona-ah, you’re still not going home?”

 

Yoona shook her head, “Nah. Me and Yul will sleep over here. She’s a bit tired and you know I hate driving at night.”

 

“Oh? It’s not a problem for you?” Tiffany turned to face Jessica.

 

Jessica shrugged. “When was it ever a problem? You guys are always welcome to sleep here. You know that.”

 

Tiffany smiled. “Okay then. We’ll be going now.” She stepped forward to hug both Yoona and Jessica before whispering thank you’s. She broke the hug and did the same to Yuri and Sooyoung.

 

Taeyeon waved goodbye after being almost choked to death by Yuri’s sudden hug.

 

“Bye Tae!” Yuri shouted while waving. The other three by the door with her chuckled.

 

When they lost sight of Tiffany’s car, they all went inside and sat in the living room to continue talking. They were talking about random things when Sooyoung brought up Tiffany’s weird behavior during dinner. 

 

Yoona laughed at the memory and said, “You explain, Sica.”

 

---

 

Before Tiffany went to sleep, she adjusted her alarm clock to wake her up 30 minutes later than she usually does.

 

“This better work, Im Yoona,” she muttered to herself before succumbing herself to sleep.

 

---

 

The next morning, she woke up to the sound of the vacuum cleaner. She groaned as she sat up and looked at her alarm clock. A few seconds later, it rang loudly, which startled her. She quickly turned it off and went out of her room. She looked around and saw Taeyeon cleaning the living room.

 

She was still doubtful of Yoona’s plan but decided to give it a try.

 

“Hey, what are you doing?” She started putting her non-existent acting skills to practice.

 

Taeyeon was startled by the voice and stopped cleaning. “Uh... cleaning?” Taeyeon said carefully, and before Tiffany can even say anything back, Taeyeon continued, “Please don’t be mad. It’s just that when I saw that you weren’t awake yet, I took it as an opportunity to clean up. I’m sorry. You can still do the other half?” she pointed to the other side of the living room while trying to salvage what she thought was going to be a messy situation for her.

 

Tiffany raised an eyebrow. This was better and easier than she expected. Maybe Im Choding can be very smart after all. 

 

When Taeyeon didn’t hear any response, she put down what she was holding and quickly backed away.

 

Tiffany saw this and laughed. “Why are you so afraid of me all of a sudden? It’s not like I’m going to kill you for cleaning or anything. I thought you were comfortable with me?” She chuckled, “Alright, we can share the work.” She picked up a broom and started cleaning.

 

Taeyeon exhaled in relief. She initially thought she was going to be scolded, but was quickly proven wrong when she saw Tiffany smile. She reminded herself that her boss is Tiffany Hwang. This girl isn’t like that. She isn’t like what most employers are.

 

She snapped out of her thoughts when Tiffany threw a pillow to her face.

 

“Snap out of it, you lazy girl,” Tiffany said, chuckling before going back to work.

 

Taeyeon smiled as she held the pillow thrown at her. I’m lucky my boss isn’t a erted old man or a cold heartless woman.

 

---

 

It took them about 30 minutes to clean the whole apartment. When she was doing it by herself, Tiffany would usually take an hour to finish everything, maybe even longer.

 

Because there was still a lot of time, both decided to make breakfast. They went on with their usual bickering about who should cook, but it was mostly acting for Tiffany.

 

After a few minutes of bickering, they finally decided to cook together. After cooking, they sat down and ate breakfast.

 

“Hey, Tae.”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Wanna come with me to the office?”

 

“Huh? W-what?” Taeyeon was surprised. She thought she heard wrong.

 

“Wa...nna...come...with...meee...tooooo-”

 

“Okay, okay, I get it. Sarcastic.” Taeyeon said and Tiffany snickered. “But... why?”

 

“Oh, because I’d rather you go to the office with me rather than sitting here doing nothing. Soo and Yul are with their girlfriends, so there won’t be anyone to go with you,” it wasn’t a complete lie, she told herself.

 

Taeyeon thought about it for a moment before nodding, “Okay.”

 

---

 

“Good morning, Ms. Hwang.” Some of her subordinates greeted her when she walked in. Taeyeon was trailing behind her waving at the workers. Although the workers didn’t exactly know who she was, since she waved at them with a big smile, they waved back.

 

“Must be Ms. Hwang’s girlfriend,” Tiffany heard someone whisper. She stopped walking abruptly causing Taeyeon to bump into her.

 

“Oof! What’s up? Are we here?”

 

Tiffany looked around, trying to find the ‘culprit’, but couldn’t. “Uh, nothing.” She continued walking. 

 

When she reached her room, she turned to face Taeyeon and said, “Tae, you can hangout anywhere here. Just don’t bug anyone while they’re working.”

 

Taeyeon gave her an ‘ok’ sign and walked towards the couch near Tiffany’s room. She sat down and looked around.

 

Minutes later, a tall young-looking lady walked up to her and introduced herself. “Hi, I’m Seo Juhyun. I’m one of the managers here,” she said with a bright smile.

 

Taeyeon smiled back as she stood up and introduced herself as well. “Hi, Seo Juhyun. I’m Kim Taeyeon. And well... I don’t know what I am here,” she said jokingly causing Juhyun to laugh.

 

“Oh, you’re so cute. Are you Ms. Hwang’s friend?”

 

Taeyeon blushed at the compliment. “Ah, er... no? Um, yes?” She didn’t know how to answer the question, “I... er... I’m her personal assistant?”

 

“Personal assistant?!” Juhyun said a little too loud. Heads turned to them, and soon enough, dozens of people were crowding in front of the CEO’s personal assistant. Most of them were curious about the girl while the others just decided to know what’s happening.

 

“Sorry!” She heard Juhyun say before she was slowly swallowed by the crowd. 

 

Taeyeon was pushed to the wall. She tried to find a way to escape. She looked to her right and saw a door. She moved towards it, the crowd following her. She felt the door knob with her hands behind her back. She twisted it, the crowd still pushing her backwards, causing the door to open, and her falling on her behind. 

 

“Oof!”

 

The crowd of workers gasped and quickly went back to their respective tables.

 

Taeyeon groaned. “Aish, they didn’t even help me.”

 

Suddenly, she felt soft hands grabbing her arms, helping her stand up. She turned her head and saw Tiffany. Her eyes widened and she quickly stood up and started bowing.

 

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry. I didn’t know this was your room. I’ll leave now, I’m sorry.” She turned to go out, but was stopped by Tiffany. 

 

“Hey, it’s alright. You can stay here. Tell me what happened.”

 

Taeyeon scratched the back of her head. “Your officemates were too friendly.”

 

Tiffany smiled. “Ah, yes. They can be quite friendly, and curious too. Don’t worry, you’re safe here. You can stay until you get bored.”

 

Taeyeon thought about it. Go out there where a crowd almost ate her alive, or stay in her boss’ room? Boss’ room, definitely. “Okay. Can I help you with anything?”

 

Tiffany raised an eyebrow, as if saying, ‘Help? Me?’

 

Taeyeon got the message and nodded. “Ah right. I’ll just sit here then,” she pointed at the sofa at the side of the room.

 

“Don’t sit on the remote, okay?” Tiffany snickered.

 

Taeyeon didn’t get the joke right away. She moved closer to the sofa and looked for a remote.

 

Tiffany laughed out loud. 

 

Taeyeon frowned but soon got the joke. She tried to glare at Tiffany but it looked more like a squint.

 

Tiffany laughed some more. “Oh, you’re too cute Taeyeon.”

 

Taeyeon blushed but didn’t say anything. She sat down and picked up one of the magazines on the coffee table to read.

 

---

 

A couple of hours later, Tiffany yawned and closed her eyes. Moments later, she got startled at the sound of her room’s door closing. She looked towards the sofa and saw that Taeyeon wasn’t there anymore. She shrugged, thinking that the other girl got bored and left.

 

A few minutes later, Taeyeon came back in the room with a cup in her hand. She walked towards Tiffany’s table and gave it to her.

 

Tiffany took the cup and look at the content. It was coffee. She looked up at Taeyeon with a questioning stare.

 

“Coffee. Drink it. You seem sleepy. Anyway, it’s just like the way you like it. One teaspoon of sugar and two creams right?” Taeyeon asked with a smile on her face.

 

Tiffany felt her face getting hot at the memory of her random outburst at Jessica house yesterday. She looked down to hide her face and muttered a thanks before sipping the coffee.

 

Taeyeon was happy that Tiffany accepted the coffee. “No problem.” With that, she sat back down the sofa and grabbed a new magazine.