Omma

Memoir To My Melody

 

“Well, think about it then, you’ll be 27. How about a ladies night out.” Yoona suggest. 
 
“Remember last year, Taecyeon kept calling you. You end up on the phone the whole night. Nana kept texting Wooyoung, leaving me all by my self.” Say Kahi. 
 
“He was whining.” Say Yoona. 
 
Kahi just smiles.
 
“Here is yours.” Say Nichkhun and he place Yoona entre in front of her. “And this one is for you.” He places a special plate in front of her. “It’s my latest dish.”
 
Kahi smiles. “Wow you are really talent.” Yoona praise him as she looks admiring at Kahi plate. Red wine sauce in heart shape on top of the thin slices of oranges with light mash potatoes in the center and heart shape steak on top with two mint leaves and two cherries at the edge of the plate.
 
“Thank You.” Say Nichkhun. “Enjoy.”
 
The ladies begin to eat and talk. An hour later, Taecyeon came to pick Yoona up. Kahi stay behind to wait for Nichkhun. A couple minutes later, Nichkhun got off his shift and the two walk hand-in-hand to her home. 
 
“Do you want anything for your birthday?” Nichkhun ask. 
 
Kahi look at him, “I thought you were to busy to hear us.” She say. 
 
“Not when it come to you.” Say Nichkhun. “When is your birthday?” 
 
“Christmas.” She say. 
 
“Wow, Mrs. Claus.” Nichkhun . 
 
Kahi stop and angrily look at him. 
 
“I was kidding.” Nichkhun say as he pinch her nose lightly.
 
Kahi ignore him and pretend to be angry and walk away. Nichkhun immediately walk after her, and grab her back. 
 
“You’re my Mrs. Claus.” Nichkhun say as he looks at her. She still have her angry face. “Please don’t be mad.” He held her hand. 
 
Kahi try to hold her smiles but she could not hold it in as she look at his sad face. Nichkhun was confused at first but seeing her smiles, he know he was play by her.
 
“Ohhohoho, okay. I just got play for the first time in my life by a women.” Say Nichkhun as he smiles. 
 
“It was fun.” Say Kahi as she continue to laugh.
 
They continue to walk hand-in-hand, “I want to take you somewhere tomorrow.” Say Nichkhun. “I want you to meet somebody special.”
 
“Who is it?” Kahi ask. “How special is that person to you?” she try not to sound so jealous. 
 
“Somebody special. Nobody can replace it.” Nichkhun say. He notice her expression change, “Don’t worry it’s not what you think.” He smiles and peck her cheek.
 
“Okay.” Say Kahi. 
 
Nichkhun continue to walks Kahi home, he gave her a kiss before he walk off. The next day after school, Nichkhun waited for Kahi out side of the building. Kahi throw home first and then both take the bus to Gwancheon hand-in-hand. On the bus she rest her head on his shoulder, Nichkhun wrap his arm around her. 
 
“Why are we taking the bus?” she ask. 
 
“I like this feeling of riding home and it also gave us more time together than driving a car.” Nichkhun say as he warmly smiles. 
 
“This is the first time I see you smiles.” Say Kahi as she touch his lips. 
 
“Chinja? My mom use to tell me that I smiles a lot and she would get tire of it.” Nichkhun lied.
 
“I want to see you smile more often.” Say Kahi, “since it’s weekend, I want to see you smile this two day.” 
 
“Then you have to stay with me.” Say Nichkhun. 
 
Kahi nodded, the couple smiles. Three hours later, they arrive at Gwancheon. Nichkhun walk Kahi to his mom house. 
 
“Omma!” Nichkhun say out loud, “Omma I’m home.” 
 
“Your omma.” Kahi surprisingly say, she slap his arm. “Why did you tell me we were going to visit your omma?” She ask him fiercely. 
 
“I wanted it to be a surprise and comfortable.” He say. 
 
“We could at least buy some fruit.” Say Kahi.
 
“Here, they don’t sell fruit until  8pm.” Say Nichkhun. 
 
“why?” Kahi ask. 
 
“It’s because fresh fruit arrive at 7pm. People love to buy fruit at night.” Nichkhun mom say as she walk out to greet them. 
 
Kahi quickly turn to look at her, she bow and his mom went to gave her a hug. 
 
“Hi, I’m Nichkhun mom.” Nichkhun mom say, “This is the first time he ever bring a girl home. He told he would bring somebody home but he didn’t tell me who it was.” 
 
Kahi glare at him and smile at his mom. “He didn’t tell me, auntie.” Kahi say, “I’m sorry for coming without any gift.” 
 
“It’s okay.” Nichkhun mom happily say. “Come on in. dinner will be ready soon.” She say. 
 
“Let me help you out aunty,” Kahi say as she walk with her into the kitchen. 
 
Nichkhun mom stop and look at Nichkhun, “don’t just stand there, go get the table.” She say. Kahi smiles at him, she tongue him before they walk into the kitchen. 
 
Nichkhun smiles and went to set up the table and silverwares. A moment later, they gather at the table and eat dinner. 
 
“Omma I forgot to introduce her to you. She is Kahi.” Nichkhun say. 
 
“She introduce herself to me already.” Say Nichkhun mom. 
 
Nichkhun look at Kahi surprise. “You two must gotten along fast. No wonder it took so long for dinner.”  He say. 
 
“It because me and aunty have a lot to talk about.  You can wait a little longer.” Kahi say. 
 
Nichkhun mom warmly smiles, “So how did you two meet?” Nichkhun mom ask. 
 
“She’s my teacher.” Nichkhun say. 
 
Nichkhun mom was a little shock as she look at them. “That’s good. You are really pretty, you must be in your early 20s.” she say. 
 
“I’m turning 27 soon.” Kahi say as she tries to be comfortable in front of his mom.
 
“8 years apart, I like her Nichkhun.” Nichkhun mom say happily. 
 
Nichkhun smiles as Kahi blush. After dinner, Kahi help clean the dishes while Nichkhun clean the tables.  Nichkhun mom went to water her small garden, the couple decided to go out for a walk down the street hand-in-hand. 
 
“Your mom is really nice.” Kahi say. 
 
“I glad you two got along well.” Nichkhun say. 
 
“It seem like if she was your real mom instead of your adopted mom.” Kahi say. 
 
Nichkhun look at her, “How did you know?” he ask. 
 
“Remember the fight between you and one of the professor, you mention your adopted mom. And one day when I was looking for you since you haven’t been at school for a long time, I check your profile.” Kahi say. 
 
“You pay a lot of attention to me huh?” Nichkhun ask mischievously.
 
“Sometime.” Kahi look away smiling.
 
“Oh really?” Nichkhun say. Kahi didn’t look at him, he begin to tickle her. 
 
Kahi start giggling and runs away from him. Nichkhun run after her, tickling her continuously. He grab a hold of her waist and spin her around with his arm tighten around her. Kahi laugh as she wrap her arm around his neck. 
 
“Oppa…” Kahi beg. 
 
Nichkhun did not let her down and continue to spin. 
 
“Okay okay oppa, I do pay attention to you a lot.” She say it loudly. 
 
Nichkhun stop and put her down but did not let go of her.
 
“I like it when you call me oppa.” Nichkhun say softly.
 
“I’ll call you that when we’re alone.” Kahi say. 
 
Nichkhun nodded and kiss her lips sweetly yet hungrily, Kahi smiles in between their kiss. A moment later, they break away and continue with their walk down the street into a small fruit market. The street is fill with people, seniors and juniors. Couples always were seen at the market, Nichkhun and Kahi happily went from one shack to another, picking fruits and trying some fruit. Nichkhun wanted to pay for the fruits but Kahi kept pushing him away.
 
“Nichkhun-sshi, bringing your girlfriend home to meet your mom?” an old fruit lady ask. 
 
“Yes.” Nichkhun say. 
 
“She’s really pretty. When is the wedding.” Old fruit man tease. 
 
Kahi blush, “Soon, very soon.” Nichkhun smiling wide as he speak. 
 
“You two look great together, hurry and get marry so that your mom can carry a grandchild in her arm.” The old lady say. 
 
Kahi face getting redder, “Oh don’t worry. We’ll work on it once we get married.” Nichkhun say happily. “Kamsahamnida.” 
 
Too be continue…………….
 
Please comments and Thanks for your time.