Class Trip

Memoir To My Melody

 

Nichkhun let go of Kahi, who had her eyes closed. He wanted to ask Kahi but he could not say anything, he could not open his mouth to speak in front of her. 
 
She open her eyes and looks at him worriedly, “Are you okay?” Kahi worriedly ask. “You’re hurt.”
 
Nichkhun shake his head ‘no’.
 
“You took that hit for me, you are hurt.” Kahi concernly say. 
 
Wooyoung let go of Nana and looks at Nichkhun and Kahi. Kahi look at his lips, she raise her hand up to his lip, lightly she touch it. Nichkhun move back a little. 
 
“I should get you to the hospital.” Say Kahi worriedly. 
 
Nichkhun shake his head ‘no’ and step back. He look at Wooyoung and bow before he walk away. 
 
“He can’t talk?” Nana ask confusedly. 
 
“He can, but he does not wish too.” Kahi say hurtfully. 
 
“He seem like he has full of problems.” Wooyoung say. “I can see him hiding a lot of things through his hatred eyes.” 
 
Kahi didn’t say anything and just watch Nichkhun walk away. Wooyoung walks Nana and Kahi back into the car and head to their house before he head home. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Kahi were walking in the hallway to the main office, she pass Nichkhun second class and look at Nichkhun who has a bruise on his lip and gauzes wrap around his arm. She sees him drawing a picture of something but could not see what it was. For the next couple hours, Nichkhun sat on the edge of the roof. Kahi walk up to him and place a medicine bottle next to him. Nichkhun look to the side and see a traditional bottle, and then look up at Kahi. 
 
“It’s for your arm.” Say Kahi. 
 
Nichkhun pick it up and take a look at it, Kahi sees his clumsy face and sit next to him. 
 
“It helps reduce your bruise.” Say Kahi. 
 
Nichkhun open the bottle and unwrap his gauzes, Kahi watches him applying the medicine on his arm. She laughs at his clumsiness. 
 
“Here let me help you.” Kahi say.
 
Nichkhun grunt in pain a little, holding his fist tightly together as she apply the medicine on his arm, massaging it lightly. 
 
“You have to loosen your grip so the blood can flow easily.” Kahi say. Nichkhun obey to her words. 
 
Kahi continue to gave his arm a little massage as she apply the medicine again, Nichkhun grunt in pain. But slowly the pain went he felt the pain go away as he look at Kahi peaceful face. He feel his heart calm as he looks at her. Kahi finish wrapping his arm and happily look at him. She caught him staring at her. Both shyly look away. 
 
“Thank you.” Nichkhun say softly and peacefully. 
 
Kahi turn to look at him and smiles, “This is the first two words you say to me.” She say. 
 
Nichkhun remain silent. 
 
“If you don’t want to talk, then I won’t force you. But let me tell you something, keeping things to yourself is not always a good thing.” Say Kahi, “sometime you have to let it all out.”
 
Kahi waited for him to talk but he say nothing. Kahi stand up, “Well, I guess I’ll see you in class.” She say before she walk away.
 
The moment Kahi walk away, his and her heart no longer feel peace. Both touch their heart, feeling a displease feeling. In her class, Nichkhun glance at Kahi once in a while. He look away when he sees her looking at his way. Victoria went up to him. 
 
“Nichkhun sshi, can you help me this part of the song?” Victoria ask as she hold the book in her arm. 
 
Nichkhun look at her and then at Kahi. “Why don’t you ask Ms. Kahi?” he say. 
 
“Ms. Kahi look busy, I didn’t want to bother her.” Say Victoria. “Please help me on this part of the song.” Victoria beg. 
 
Nichkhun got up and went to her piano, Victoria sat on the bench and watches Nichkhun play the part that she does not understand.
 
“When did this two become so close?” A girl whisper into Jiyeon ear. 
 
“I don’t know. Ah Qri, I saw them talking to each other on Field day.” say Jiyeon. 
 
Kahi heard the girls whisper and look at Nichkhun who is helping Victoria with the song. After class was over, Nichkhun stay behind in the piano room. He look through the song ‘ She by TVXQ’, he gave it a try. At first the melody came crappy but slowly it come into a flow of soft melody. Kahi, who was cleaning up the room heard a soft melody coming out from the piano room. She walks closer to the soft melody and stop about 5 feet away when she sees Nichkhun playing the song. She watches him finish playing the song and smiles. Nichkhun end the song, holding the note hard and long. Kahi feel his last note full of explosion. 
 
“Arg AHH!!” Nichkhun angrily throw the book aside and pound his fist hard on the piano. 
 
Kahi let him calm down a couple second before he speak. “Is that a way to treat a piano?” she ask. Nichkhun look at her, “you play it well.”
 
She pull a small bench chair next to him and play the melody again, Nichkhun watch her play the same song again, but softer and calm. He feels his heart in a calm piece place as he looks at her soft beautiful face from the side. Kahi continue to play the song until it end, Kahi pick up one of his hand and place it on the keyboard as she kept her other hands playing the song. Nichkhun begin to play with her, moving over a little to reach the other notes, she didn’t realize how close they were until the songs end. Both turn to each other direction, with only two inches away before their lips touch. Nichkhun quickly stand up and walk away.
 
“Hiding is not the way to deal with things.” Kahi say. 
 
Nichkhun stop before he exit the room. 
 
“Even if you understand my life, it is no use. My mom, my self, and the life I had, are all unknown for reasons.” Nichkhun say before he walks away. 
 
Kahi want to say something but could not as she was hurt and still shock from earlier. 
 
Kahi came to class with Professor Jung Ah and Changmin (2AM), each held a pack of paper in their hand. The class attention went to them, and waited for them to speak. 
 
“Today I want to announce to about our upcoming trip. We will be having a camp night at the Seoraksan National park, we will be spending 2 days and 1 night there.” Say Kahi. 
 
“This trip is to relief yourself, and practice on your peaceful mind.” Say Professor Jung Ah. 
 
“We will be leaving in two days, so I hope you all will join us on the trip. We will be handing out the form for you to fill it out. This is due on the next day,” say Professor Changmin. 
 
“I’ll take it on the last day too.” Kahi cut in. 
 
The professors’ start handing out form to all students, Kahi went up to Nichkhun and place the form in front of him. 
 
“I hope you can join us.” Say Kahi before she walk away.
 
Nichkhun watch her walk away and then looks at the paper. The professors continue to talk for a little more before they start the class and ended two hours later. Today Nichkhun head back to his hometown Gwacheon to visit his adopted mom. 
 
“Omma!” Nichkhun shout. “Omma I’m here.”
 
“I’m in the kitchen.”  Say Nichkhun mom. 
 
Nichkhun walk into the kitchen, and place the box of pear on the table. He went next to his mom to see what she cooking. 
 
“What are you making?” Nichkhun ask. 
 
“Kimchi jjage, and samgyupsal.” Say Nichkhun mom. She looks at her son, “Ommo, you hair. It’s yellow.” She says in shock. 
 
“It blonde omma.” Nichkhun say. 
 
“Why did you change you hair color?” Nichkhun mom ask. 
 
“I want to start new at Seoul.” Nichkhun say. Nichkhun understood what he meant and did not ask anymore.
 
Nichkhun help his mom set up the table and places the side-dish plates on the table, and then they sit down and begin to eat. 
 
“How is school?” Nichkhun mom ask. “Do you need more money?”
 
“No I’m fine.” Nichkhun say. “You still owe the bank.” He grab some money out of his pocket. “Here the money, I’m working now so I’ll help you pay it off.” He hand her the money. 
 
“No you take it back. I can still pay it off.” Say Nichkhun mom, “I ask loan to help you get into school, not for you to pay me back.” 
 
“Omma, please let me help you.” Nichkhun beg, “You’ve help me so much already, I’m not even you real son, because of me people back at Busan look down on you.” 
 
“Take that words back, you are my son.” Say Nichkhun mom loudly. “I raise you up. if you continue to say that, I’ll be mad at you.”
 
Nichkhun nod, “Mianhe omma.” He say sadly. 
 
Nichkhun mom smiles and touch his cheek lightly, “Ignore what other say, as long as we know the truth, don’t put it in your heart.” She say calmly. “You got to learn to forgive, to be able to love.”
 
“I can’t, every time I think about our past, every time you tried to come back to Busan to visit you parents grave. They would gave you dirty looks, talk craps about you, and throw stuffs at you. I won’t forgive them.” Nichkhun angrily say, his mom hopeless take a deep breath. “At least take this money, I have a good job now. It’s enough to pay for my school and I have extra.” Nichkhun convincing his mom.
 
“Okay then.” Say Nichkhun mom. 
 
“I’ll be staying with you for two days.” Nichkhun say. “I don’t have school.” He lied. 
 
“What about work?” Nichkhun mom ask. 
 
“I  have ask for a week off.” Nichkhun telling the truth. 
 
“That’s good, it’s been a along time since you came to visit.” Say Nichkhun mom. 
 
“Mianhe omma, I’ll try to come visit more often.” Say Nichkhun. “How about you move in with me?” he ask. 
 
“City is too crowded for me, I like it here more.” Say Nichkhun mom. 
 
“Okay.” Nichkhun say.
 
They continue to eat, mother and son talk all night until his mom went to sleep. He went out to the front yard to check if the gate was close and lock, he sat on the front porch and look at the sky.
 
Too be continue………….
 
Please comments, and Thank you for reading. :D