Chapter 9

The Perfect Match

 

The Perfect Match Chapter 9

 

Author

“Dude, he’s desperate! He’s so very close to stalking her! We have to do something!” Woo Bin almost yelled into his phone, while dragging a love-sick Jun Pyo into his bright yellow car.

On the other end of the line Yi Jung was already sitting in his: “I get it! Drop Jun Pyo off at his house and meet me at our lounge. I’ll get Seung Jo to come as well. He’s the only one that can help us now.”

 

Seung Jo

“I still don’t understand what you want me to do in that matter.” I told two of my stubborn best friends once again.

The fact that I did know what they wanted was of no importance right now. If they wanted me do something as big as what I knew they wanted me to do then, they at least had to say it out loud.

“Arghhh!” Yi Jung pulled at his own hair in frustration: “Apologize to her. Apologize to Oh Ha Ni.”

“Why?” I wanted to know.

“Because,” Woo Bin began: “Jun Pyo is about to go insane and Oh Ha Ni is the only one, who could help him to get together with Geum Jan Di.”

I only shook my head: “Not good enough.”

“Well fine! How about this then,” Yi Jung again:” That girl deserves an apology from you, because you were a down-right bastard towards her. And if, by some huge miracle, this helps in solving Jun Pyo’s problem, then that’s even better for us!”

Okay, so maybe I did owe her an apology for what had happened two days ago but I still didn’t know how to do all of this.

 

Ha Ni

I always felt so down whenever I fought with any of my friends but today I had fought with all three of my best friends, or rather, they had fought with me.

“I guess that only leaves the two of us now, doesn’t it?” I asked Sang Hee, as I kneeled down to the two years old girl’s eye level.

The little girl whipped her dark-haired head to the second story, where three loud bangs were heard, when Jan Di, Hee Young and Ga Eul slammed their doors shut, then she looked back at me and nodded.

I scooped her up in my arms and wandered into the kitchen of the house that, I shared with those three mentioned best friends of mine and Sang Hee.

“You haven’t had lunch yet, did you?” I questioned while placing Sang Hee on the counter top.

She shook her head at me, her two pigtails bouncing from side to side, as she did so.

Just when I opened the fridge to check its contents, the doorbell rang through the house.

“Door.” Sang Hee squealed, pointing in said direction.

“Yes, Sang Hee, someone’s at the door.” I scooped her up in my arms once again: “Let’s go, check who’s disturbing us today.”

Once I opened the door, I had the strangest urge to slam it shut again.

There, in all his glory, stood the genius of the F4, the one and only Baek Seung Jo. He looked like he did not want to be where he was right now.

“Hey!” he said sheepishly. Yes, sheepishly!

“Ah…hi?” my greeting actually sounded more like a question than a greeting.

Before any of us could say anything else, Sang Hee did.

“Who that?” she asked me, while stretching one tiny arm in Baek Seung Jo’s direction.

“That’s Seung Jo oppa.” I told her.

“Oppa?” she repeated.

I nodded.

She seemed to understand that and turned her face to our visitor: “Anyeong oppa!”

 

Author

Seung Jo didn’t know who that little girl in Ha Ni’s arms was but she was adorable.

The way her big dark eyes (almost black) shone when she greeted him, had him smiling without a second thought: “Anyeong. And what’s your name little Miss?”

The toddler giggled and shot him a big toothy grin: “Sang Hee.”

Ha Ni watched the exchange between those two with a pleasant feeling and a small smile on her lips. Maybe Seung Jo wasn’t such a cold person as she had thought him to be.

That’s when Seung Jo turned his attention back to Ha Ni: “There is something I need to tell you.”

Ha Ni narrowed her eyes in confusion. He wanted to tell her something?

She set Sang Hee on the ground and told her to go play in the garden for a bit.

When she stood back up again, she had angry glint in her eyes: “What is it? Did you come here to say some insult that you forgot two days ago?”

Although angry, her voice was as calm as ever.

Seung Jo actually managed to look ashamed at that: “Look, I didn’t know that it wasn’t you who had written that letter. I mean, you never came across as someone stupid to me but that letter was just so infuriating and my rational thinking had stopped completely and then I saw your name on it and it-I-I just-it was so overwhelming. It never-I- it never occurred to me that, someone could have been playing a prank on both of us…”

At the end of his little speech, Ha Ni had a faint idea of what he was trying to do but she still kept silent.

Seung Jo on the other hand was just wishing for the ground to open up and swallow him whole. He looked over his shoulder, where Yi Jung and Woo Bin were standing, for some help of any sorts. They both motioned with their hands for him to go on.

Ha Ni saw this and waited for Seung Jo to continue.

The latter turned to face Ha Ni once more. He closed his eyes, took one deep breath and opened them again: “All I want to say is that I’m-I-I-I’m sorry.”

Phew! He had said it at last. This was definitely no.2 on the list of the most embarrassing moments in his life. He had stuttered for God’s sake! Baek Seung Jo never stuttered!

“You know, there’s nothing wrong with apologizing.” Ha Ni’s voice brought him out of his traumatic after-shock.

She was smiling at him: “You’re forgiven.

Seung Jo hadn’t even realized he’d been holding a breath until he released it. All of this felt too surreal to be true. Had he really just apologized to the girl, who had slapped him?

“Yo!” Woo Bin and: “What’s up?” Yi Jung were in an instant on either side of Seung Jo, as soon as they heard, or rather assumed, Ha Ni’s words.

Ha Ni smiled at those two as well: “Hey!”

“Now, that you’ve forgiven our Mr. Genius here,” Yi Jung began: “There is something we need to talk to you about. It’s very important.”

“Ah, sure but… would it be possible to do it somewhere else? Preferably somewhere where she,” she pointed to Sang Hee, who was running after some birds by now: “can come along as well.”

Hee Young, Ga Eul and Jan Di were still mad at her, so it wouldn’t be good if they heard her conversing with three quarters of the F4.

“Of course!” Woo Bin replied promptly: “There’s a café nearby, we can go there.”

The girl agreed and called Sang Hee over, so she could get the toddler into a jacket. That being done she put on a grey hoodie over her thin, long-sleeved shirt and grabbed her bag.

 

Yi Jung

Seung Jo had apologized! He really had apologized! It was unbelievable!

I guessed, there’s was always a first time for everything, wasn’t there?

Right now, all of were seated in a small café. The little girl had eaten and was dozing off by this moment. The rest of us had our ordered drinks in front of us.

“So, what is this very important thing you guys wanted to talk to me about?” Oh Ha Ni asked across from Seung Jo, who was sitting in between Woo Bin and me.

I threw Woo bin a glance, meeting his eyes for a fleeting second and he understood what I meant instantly.

That’s why he started explaining first: “I don’t know if you or your friends have noticed anything but… Jun Pyo is practically head over heels for Geum Jan Di.” He paused for a while, searching for the right words: “At first, we thought that it was just a phase but now it seems that we were wrong. Almost every conversation that we have with him, he mentions her at least once. He’s become desperate.”

“It’s a pitiful sight.” I added in.

Seung Jo nodded in agreement but said nothing, so I continued: “That means, what we’re asking of you, is your help. You need to help us get those two together or neither us,” I motioned towards Woo Bin, Seung Jo and me: “nor you and your friends will be able to live a peaceful life anymore.”

“You guys do know that you’re asking something almost impossible of me, right?” she said seriously: “Yes, everyone except for Jan Di has noticed the change in Gu Jun Pyo, the problem is just, I’m the only willing person to cooperate at this moment… It’s clear as the day that Jan Di doesn’t want anything to do with Gu Jun Pyo. Hee Young can’t get over the fact that she’s still engaged to Woo Bin and Ga Eul for some reason, does not really respond well, when it’s something concerning Yi Jung.” She looked me in my eyes: “I have a feeling she disliked you from the moment you opened your mouth in front of her.”

Now that was a big blow!

Did she have to rub in the fact that, that freaking Chu Ga Eul couldn’t stand me?!

“What I’m saying is,” she went on as if she hadn’t just mentally slapped me: “Before we can get Gu Jun Pyo and Jan Di together, we somehow have to convince Hee Young and Ga Eul to help us, which can only happen, if they aren’t mad at you guys anymore and me for that matter.”

“Why are they mad at you?” Seung Jo questioned her last line.

“Well,” she smiled a bit sadly: “I told them that I apologized to you for the slap.” she had her eyes casted down: “They didn’t understand why I did it… Anyways, I’ll help as best as I can.”

Well, it looked like our new partnership with this girl was going to be a long one…

End of Chapter

 

Hey Guys!

Sooo, a lot of things are happening in this chapter, so I  hope you leave some comments. The last chapter only got 3 comments(thanks to those by the way =D) and I was a little diappointed with that but , oh well, I guess I'm just used to those many comments you usually leave by now...

Anyways, since there were so little comments, I will not reveal Ha Ni's reason for apologizing and mine for making her do so, just yet...

Let's wait and see what you guys come up with.

Contrary to the comments, my subscribers are still increasing, so thanks to all of those as well.

Leave many comments this time please and don't forget to subscribe, if you haven't already!!!

Kamsahamnida for all your support!

p.s. sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes =)

p.p.s. I still love you, even if you didn't comment this time <3