Chapter 16

The Perfect Match

 

The Perfect Match Chapter 16

 

Ga Eul

"So what kind of plan do you expect from us?" Hee Young was the first one to speak, after we had ordered our drinks, in the cafe.

Her boyfriend (or was it fiancé?) took her hand in his: "We don't expect any kind of plan from you girls. We just want you to choose one of our plans, one that sounds right to you."

"Exactly," Yi Jung continued across from me: "And one that could actually work."

"You've already thought some plans through?" I raised my eyebrows.

That was quite a surprise. I hadn't expected these guys to be so efficient, at least Yi Jung wasn't when it came to school assignments.

"Of course we have." Yi Jung sounded just a bit too proud for my liking: "Why do you sound so surprised?"

I bit my lower lip, before I could say something that would ruin our current status as friends but said something nonetheless: "Maybe I wouldn't be so surprised, if you would have actually worked on your part of our assignment."

He didn't even have the decency to look embarrassed. No, instead he just smirked at me. That stupid, idiotic, foul playboy! I wanted to slap that smirk off of his face and-

My train of thoughts was cut off, when Ha Ni tapped me on my shoulder and leaned closer, to whisper into my ear: "I know you're currently thinking of a way to make him stop smirking, but don't forget what we're here for."

Ha Ni was right (I couldn't remember the last time she hadn't been right.). We were here for Jan Di's sake, for her happiness and not to fight with anyone.

My head bobbed up and down in a curt nod: "Well, let's hear those plans of yours."

The next fifteen minutes passed by, as Woo Bin and Yi Jung presented some very stupid ideas. I mean, seriously, letting Jun Pyo kidnap Jan Di and then propose to her, in a romantic place... She'd kill him, if he ever did that. And lock those two up together? Either they'd kill each other or Jan Di would break the door down and escape.

Seung Jo (God bless his over-smart brain.) finally ended all this nonsense, when he said: "I think it would be better, if we let you girls think about this matter. You know Jan Di a lot better than we do, so it would be easier for you to come up with an idea that could work."

A thought crossed my mind: "Initially speaking, you're right Seung Jo but the real problem has nothing to do with planning. The thing is, Jan Di will never accept Jun Pyo, as he is right now. He's been a downright bastard towards her and even us, for no reason what-so-ever. He needs to change, if he wants Jan Di to like him the same way he likes her."

"Ga Eul's right." Hee Young continued for me: “And he really needs to stop following her around, like a lost little puppy, as well."

Ha Ni chuckled slightly: "We need your leader's cooperation, for us to help him out somehow."

The three guys exchanged a few glances in silence. They looked rather crestfallen.

Yi Jung swallowed a deep breath: "He needs to change, you say?"

I nodded: "Of course."

He sighed: "It looks, like we have to get used to a lovesick Jun Pyo, because, as stubborn as he is, he'll never agree to these changes you're talking about."

 

Yi Jung

They were actually thinking about changing Jun Pyo... These girls had to be insane. There was no other explanation for this suggestion.

"Where is he right now?" Ga Eul asked out of the blue.

I narrowed my eyes at her: "At the F4 Lounge. Why?"

"Take us there!" Hee Young answered for her.

"What for?" Woo Bin took the words right of my mouth.

"So that we can talk to him." this time it was Ha Ni, who responded.

Did they always do that? Answer for each other, I mean.

"You want to talk to him?" the disbelief in Seung Jo's voice was very much apparent, even if his face remained as expressionless, as always: "Are we talking about the same Jun Pyo here? Because the Jun Pyo that I know doesn't talk, he believes in actions, not words." he paused: "He'll never agree to change."

Ha Ni quirked an eyebrow: "It's still worth a try though. I mean, if he doesn't agree, as you're all saying, then we'll know, once and for all, that he's not really interested in Jan Di."

My face scrunched up in confusion: "How would you come to that conclusion?"

"Because, Mr. Casanova," Ga Eul started: "If he's serious about her, then trying to change himself for her will not be a problem for him. It's as simple as that."

I had never thought about it that way. I hadn't even considered the option that Jun Pyo might be serious about Jan Di.

Just what was wrong with me?

In the hectic of thinking up a plan, I had totally forgotten that Jun Pyo was not like me. He was not a playboy. He and Seung Jo hadn't even had any crushes till date and Woo Bin, even if he was a big flirt, had only ever thought about Hee Young, he had always remained faithful to her.

Had I really become so... cynical?

Just because I had missed out on my once-in-a-lifetime chance (as Ga Eul had said so dreamily, in my car today), didn't mean that my friends had to miss theirs too.

"Let's go!" the words were out of my mouth, before I could think any further.

Woo Bin looked at me, as if I had grown a second head: "Man, are you serious?"

I shrugged: "The girls could be right. I also think that it's worth a try."

I looked across the table to find Ga Eul's smiling face directed towards me. I gave her a smile in return and turned to Seung Jo: "It's not a bad idea. If they can convince him then that's good and if he doesn't agree then we'll know it's just a phase." I turned to Woo Bin: "It's a win-win situation, for everyone, who's involved."

 

Author

It took them all about half an hour to get out of the cafe and reach the F4 Lounge.

Jun Pyo was so busy with his current video game that he didn't even notice the entry of his six well-wishers.

Only when the three girls blocked his view on the flat-screen, did he acknowledge their existence: "What do you want? Can't you see that I'm busy?"

Ga Eul smiled sweetly at him: "We want to help you win Jan Di over."

Now that definitely got his attention, as he put his joystick aside and looked up at them expectantly: "Take a seat."

The girls exchanged a few excited glances with each other, while Yi Jung, Seung Jo and Woo Bin exchanged confused ones.

Once the girls were seated around him, Jun Pyo spoke up again: "You want to help me with Geum Jan Di?" the girls nodded. He continued: "How?"

"You need to help us, if you want us to help you." Hee Young told the F4 leader.

"Just tell me what I need to do!" he urged them on.

Ga Eul answered him this time: "You need to change." she paused, trying to gauge his reaction. When nothing really happened, she went on: "I mean, really change..."

The Shinwa heir blinked twice: "I'll do it."

“You’ll do it?” Ha Ni asked in disbelief.

Jun Pyo nodded seriously: “Yeah. Just tell me exactly what I need to change.”

Ha Ni stared at him with eyes wide open: “I’m not dreaming, am I?”

Without any warning, Jun Pyo reached out towards the stunned girl and pinched her on her right hand.

“Ouch!” Ha Ni pulled her hand away and clutched it to her chest: “What did you do that for?”

“You wanted to know if you were dreaming.” Jun Pyo began, looking at Ha Ni as if it was obvious: “I just made you realize that you’re not.”

Hee Young snorted: “You know what Ha Ni? Jun Pyo is actually right this time.”

Ha Ni cracked a smile: “Yeah, he actually is.”

“Wait a minute.” The F4 Leader seemed to have noticed something: “How did you three get in here? No one, except for the F4, knows the password to enter this place.”

“We came with them.” Ga Eul pointed towards Seung Jo, Woo Bin and Yi Jung, who were still standing at the entrance of the spacious room.

Maybe, just maybe, they looked a little confused to Ga Eul, in the fleeting moment she saw them, before turning back to Jun Pyo.

 

Yi Jung

He wanted to change.

Gu Jun Pyo, the self-declared, stubborn, thick-headed, idiotic leader of the F4 of South Korea, was willing to change himself… for a girl…

This was unbelievable, simply unbelievable.

How did that even happen?

Had he actually fallen for Geum Jan Di, the girl that had kicked his face, so much that he didn’t mind changing himself for her?

“They did it.” Woo Bin’s voice sounded, as if he was in awe.

Seung Jo smirked next to him: “I’m slowly starting to believe that they are able to do a lot of things, which seem impossible to us.”

My gaze drifted to Jun Pyo once again. The girls were talking excitedly and he was just listening, without even saying one single word.

I had never, in my life, seen Jun Pyo listening to someone, without interrupting them, if that person wasn’t praising by chance.

Another thing added to the list of things that the F4 had deemed impossible…

End of Chapter

 

Hey guys!!!

I know that I haven't updated any of my stories, in over five months and most of you must be quite a bit unhappy about that but I'm really happy today...

First of all, the reason that I couldn't update: My laptop wasn't working all this time, our normal home computer crashed down at the same time my laptop did and it's still not working. So I actually had no access to a computer at home. Writing with my phone is quite a bit of a hassle and school coumputers don't allow me to upload my personal stuff on the internet. All of tihs might seem stupid but that's how it was. Nonetheless, I have been thinking about my stories and I have been writing everything with my hand nowadays.

So, yesterday. when I checked my laptop for nth time, it was working again and I have been typing like crazy in my free time.

One chapter after five months of nothing doesn't suffice, I know that but that's all I have at the moment... Don't worry though, now that my laptop works again and my writers block is gone as well, I'm sure the next updates won't take quite as much time as this one did =D

Now, finally coming to this chapter.

I told you all at the beginning of this story that it's gonna be a long one, so I hope the pace isn't too slow or too fast for you.

Lots of interaction between all the characters in this chapter, without Jan Di of course. She'll be back in the next chapter though.

Please tell me if you liked it or not. Your opinion is important to me. If you have any questions regarding the characters, their development, or the story and its development, please do not hesitate and ask them. I'll try to answer them as best as I can.

To all my subcribers that have stuck to me like glue during this long time, thank you very much for your patience and your support. And to all my new subscribers (yes, I mostly write such long author's notes) thank you very much for subscribing to this story and I hope you will enjoy reading it in the future =)

Thank you all for the many comments as well and keep on commenting, so that I can keep on writing!

Kamsahamnida for your support!!!

p.s. Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes =)

p.p.s. If you forgot what happened in the last few chapters, you should go back and take a look. I had to do it as well...

p.p.p.s. I Love You<3