Chapter 12

The Perfect Match

 

The Perfect Match Chapter 12

 

Author

The noise in the club was deafening. The speakers were pulsing with the fast music. The dance floor was crowded with dancing couples and despite the functioning air conditioner, the atmosphere was quite heated.

It was almost two ‘o clock in the middle of the night and Hee Young was working behind the bar, as usual. She was tired as hell and waiting for her shift to end in a few minutes.

A drunken man in front of her toppled his drink on the counter, while fighting with his girlfriend, who was trying to get him out of the club. The girl looked apologetically at Hee Young, who responded with a silent not and made to get the table rag, while cursing the drunkard under her breath.

After she had wiped the spot clean, the next disaster knocked on her destiny’s door.

“Two Cosmopolitans for these lovely ladies, please.” she looked up to see Woo Bin ordering drinks from her, with a woman on either side of him, clinging to him.

She squeezed the old rag in her hands tightly and smiled one bright, wide and fake smile at the trio: “Of course. It’ll only take a minute.”

“Anything else?” she added in a much too friendly tone.

Woo Bin shook his head and Hee Young began her work, carefully preparing the ordered drinks, all the while trying to ignore the way, the two women, on Woo Bin’s sides, were throwing their selves at him.

Was it really necessary for him to bring some new bimbos every time she worked there? He was attempting to make her jealous and if she was honest with herself, she knew that it was working.

He was her fiancé, not someone else’s!

Her thoughts drifted away, as she placed the drinks on the counter and heard the time being announced by someone. Finally, her shift was over and hopefully her torture as well!

 

Hee Young

I practically ran into the changing room, sparing Woo Bin and his bimbos not even a glance. I had to get out of here, as fast as possible. All of this was quite enough. I wasn’t sure, if I could handle, seeing him with other women anymore.

Making my way out of the damn club, the next disaster was waiting for me.

I guess luck just wasn’t on my side today…or tonight.

Some 100m away from the entrance, where a small park began, I bumped into a tall and muscular man. He was wearing a black suit, with a red and black tie and the grim expression on his face, looked all too familiar. All of them did, now that I noticed, he wasn’t alone.

“Miss Hee Young, the Master has given us strict orders to get you back home this time.” The grim-looking guy said to me in his deep voice.

“Kang Minho-sshi, you and I both know very well, that I don’t want to go back to that place.” I told him calmly.

“Miss Hee Young, please come with us, or else we will be forced to use other methods to fulfill the Master’s orders.” he replied, in a much too dragging fashion.

I crossed my arms over my chest and arched my eyebrows at him: “Are you actually threatening me?”

He stood there, looking down at me and said nothing.

“I’m not going!” I repeated, making my intentions clear.

That monster of a man actually had the nerve to grab my shoulders, after my statement.

His grip was tight and strong and it hurt like hell! I shoved both of his arms off of my body and brought my knee up, connecting it with his gut. This action was repeated several times before he fell onto the ground, cringing and clutching the sore spots.

The other men had only been audience until that moment but they broke out of their trances, as their leader screamed from the ground: “What are you waiting for?! Get her!”

I should have run, when I had had chance to do that, instead of facing them. Hell, I should have even run now but my damn ego didn’t allow it. I had been brought up to face everything and everyone, especially physically.

So, I stood my ground, blocking here, punching there, 1 punch here, two kicks there and so on and on. I was getting exhausted and there were about five men here, excluding the knocked-out leader. How much longer I could avoid their hits, I didn’t have a clue.

Just when I thought, one of them was going to land their punch I closed my eyes on instinct. The anticipated hit never connected with me though. Risking a small peek, I opened an eye and saw Woo Bin standing in front of me, taking the remaining men down, one after another.

I watched his martial arts skills with fascination. His style of fighting was simply awesome! It had been quite a bit of time, since I had last seen him fight. This was amazing.

He did a roundhouse kick and last of the men fell to the ground.

Woo Bin turned to me, grabbed my hand in his and dragged me away from the unconscious men, without saying a word.

After all this, even my willpower and energy was at its end and so, I didn’t complain, when he shoved me into his car and began driving. He didn’t say a word throughout the whole drive, straight to a very impressive small building.

Then he got out of the car, opened the door for me and the dragging continued. On the inner side of the building entrance it said “F4 Lounge” in big, bold letters.

What, the hell, were we doing here?!

He dragged me after himself, first through a long corridor, then the big lounge itself and finally came to a halt, in front of some double doors.

Entering the room, he pushed me onto, what looked like, a king-sized bed and spoke, at last: “I’ll be back in a minute, so don’t you dare to run out on me!”

I nodded meekly, seeing his mood wasn’t the best at this moment.

He went out of the doors, giving me the opportunity to look around the room, from my current position.

The room itself was quite large and seemed warm with crème-colored walls. There was a bookshelf in on corner and a shelf with weapons in another one. A big leather couch was placed at the foot of the bed, facing the wall, where a gigantic flat-screen TV was placed, with a large DVD collection, surrounding it. Other than that, there was nothing special in here.

This was the instant Woo Bin chose to enter the room again.

The first-aid box he had in his hands was only noticed by me when he sat down on the bed, next to me. He grabbed my shoulders gently and moved my body, so I was facing him.

First removing the hair, falling on the left side of my face, he dabbed a disinfecting pad on my forehead, over the left eye.

It stung, it really did but I was too far gone to actually comment on that or react to it, for that matter.

After he finished with that task and put a band aid over the small wound, we sat there, staring at each other, in a very uncomfortable silence, because he was glaring more than staring.

That’s when I remembered my own anger at him: “Shouldn’t you be with your date right now, or rather dates?”

Woo Bin observed me for a bit, before sighing: “Those women are just for show. You know that, as well as I do. Nothing ever happened with any of them and it is not going to happen in the future, ever.”

“No, I didn’t know that.” I replied stubbornly but I believed him.

“Well, now you do.” he paused: “Those men from before, they were your father’s men, weren’t they?”

I looked down at the small space between us and nodded silently.

“I saw your address, while looking for something. How come, you live with your friends and a toddler instead of your family?”

“They’re my family as well.” I muttered.

“Family?” he questioned.

I nodded again: “They’re my cousins, real cousins, from my mother’s side of the family.”

“Hold on, did you just say that, Chu Ga Eul, Geum Jan Di and Oh Ha Ni are all your blood-related cousins?” he asked in disbelief.

“Yes.” I responded: “All of our mothers were sister and they all did the same mistake. They married the wrong men… but that’s another story. Anyways, Sang Hee’s our cousin as well. She’s the daughter of our youngest aunt. But she died a year ago, in a car accident. And as far as my ling arrangements are considered… Well, you know my father… I couldn’t live in that house any longer. Ga Eul, Ha Ni and Jan Di didn’t have anywhere to go as well, so our grandma arranged for us to live in a shared house, two years ago. That’s how we ended up living together.”

“But why-“ this time I cut him off.

“Please don’t ask any more questions. I can’t handle them. Not now.” I pleaded with him.

He snapped his mouth shut, nodding in agreement.

My gaze averted from his face to my arms in my lap. I did a double-take when I saw something crimson.

“Your hand is bleeding.” I gasped.

Without waiting for him to say anything, I started cleaning and treating the wound on his right hand. Why hadn’t I noticed it earlier on?

The blood was even seeping through the bandage a bit. Maybe I should have-

“Do you know, how hard it is, to pretend that I don’t love you?” Woo Bin’s soft-spoken reached me like an explosion. Had he just told me what I thought he had told me?

I completed binding the bandage and slowly lifted my head and then my eyes to meet his.

The way his eyes were regarding me, it was maddening. He looked like he meant what he had said. But could I believe him? How could h-

My thoughts were cut off once again, this time, by Woo Bin’s lips though.

He was kissing me! Despite his words being soft and sweet, his lips on mine were rough. He was and nibbling on my lips…

I shoved him away from him; my hand moved almost on its own and slapped him.

How dare he kiss me just like that? Who did he think he was?

That bastard didn’t even attempt to look ashamed he just stared at me, like I was staring at him.

Oh, what the hell!

I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and crashed his lips to mine for once more. He instantly closed his arms around my body and mine went around his neck.

This was it! I couldn’t pretend anymore either! We had been rejecting each other only because our fathers had decided upon our marriage, instead of us. Talk about big egos…

His tongue was probing my mouth by now and we were lying on the bed. God, I had missed him (and his kisses) so damn much!

I broke the kiss, panting for breath, with him mimicking my actions.

“I think I should go now. It’s very late.” I whispered, still panting.

He nodded: “I’ll drop you. It’s too late for you to go alone.” he said in a raspy voice…

End of Chapter

 

Hey guys!

Honestly, there were just about 3 to 4 peolpe who guessed the right couple...

Did you see that one coming? By the way, if you're wondering, all this is happening on the same day as Ga Eul and Yi Jung's chapter. It's saturday, by the way... 

There were quite a few thing revealed in this chapter, weren't there? The details and all of that will be revealed later on, one by one. 

So, what did you think of this chapter? And what did you think of Hee Young and Woo Bin? To be honest, I fell in love with them, while writing this...

Tell me your opinion please, it actually matters to me! :D

Thanks for all the comments on the last chapter! And to my new and old subscribers as well!

Kamsahamnida for everything!

p.s. Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes( It's very late and I'm to sleepy, so I didn't proof read it even once, which means more mistakes than usually)

p.p.s. (you know already) I Love You <3