August 15, 2010

A Box of Chocolates

My alarm cut through my sleep several hours earlier than I was used to. What the hell? It's 5 AM. Why is my alarm going off? I don't need to be up for another hour! I thought groggily. Suddenly, yesterday's events sprang to the forefront of my mind. I got hired at JYP!

Suddenly energized, I sprang out of bed and slipped quietly into the bathroom. As I stood under the hot water, I began to formulate my plan of attack for the rest of the morning. Get dressed, make-up, hair, eat breakfast, wake up the kids, get them fed and dressed, get them to school, and Suyeon to day-care. I got this. Hopefully, I would be able to accomplish all of this in an hour and a half.

By the time my shower had ended, I had fully prepared myself for the battle that lay ahead with awakening and prepping my siblings for school. However, somewhere between waking up Junwoo and Hyunjae and getting them ready for school, my resolve began to fail. At least twice, I found Junwoo curled back up in his bed and Hyunjae spent nearly 35 minutes in the shower.

Eventually, I resorted to the ultimate stimulator: food. Less than 10 minutes after the delicious aroma began flowing throughout the small apartment, Junwoo and Hyunjae appeared, fully dressed and ready for the day. I smirked to myself as I dished out their breakfast and watched them begin to eat heartily. Works every time, I thought as I strode down the hall to the room I shared with Suyeon.

I opened the door quietly and flicked on the light. She stirred slightly. I crossed the room and knelt by her head.

"Suyeon-ah," I said softly, brushing the hair off her face. "It's time to wake up."

She slowly opened her eyes and gave me a sleepy smile before sitting up and stretching adorably. I returned the smile before turning and crossing over to her small chest of clothing to pick out something for her to wear.

As I ruffled through her clothes, I felt her warm little body come up next to me.

"Can I help, unni?" She asked.

"Of course you can. What do you want to wear?"

"A dress!" She exclaimed excitedly. I couldn't help but laugh. She was so different from me. It was sometimes hard to believe we were sisters. Of course, the 16 year age difference was probably a major factor.

Eventually, she found one she liked and I led her out of the room and down to the kitchen to eat. The boys had finished so I sent them off to the bathroom to brush their teeth. I glanced at the clock. 6:30. Right on time. I hurried Suyeon to the bathroom to brush her teeth and then quickly ushered my children siblings out the door and to my car.

Photobucket

I pulled around the back of the JYP building 20 minutes later, Starbucks in hand. I took a deep breath before pulling the key out of the ignition and stepping out of my car. As I walked around to the front, I noted that there were several very devoted, very sleepy-looking fangirls waiting outside. As I pulled my new employee ID out and ran it through the scanner on the door, I could practically feel their death glares. I shrugged it off and stepped into the building.

As I entered the elevators, a very real sense of fear began to prod at me. I had friends who had once been coordinators. Despite the hefty pay-checks, they left because they simply couldn't stand the cranky, rude, sleep-deprived idols. They constantly complained about the way the idols were treating their noonas and unnies. I was younger than almost all of the idols that worked for JYP. If they were nasty to a coordi-noona, there was no telling how they would treat a coordi-dongsaeng.

The elevator stopped with a ping considerably soon than I would've thought for a trip to the seventh floor. I glanced up at the floor number. Four. Before I had time to wonder any more, the doors opened and in stepped none other than Wooyoung and Taecyeon.

I stared at them for a full three seconds before it registered in my mind that I was standing directly in front of the elevator door, effectively preventing them from coming in.

"Sorry," I mumbled with a bow as I moved to the side. Pictures and videos seriously do them no justice. They are beyond beautiful. I could feel them watching me as they stepped in, as if they were expecting something. I glanced up. I saw Taecyeon glance toward the control panel, which was only on my side of the elevator. Oh. Duh. They obviously need to go to a different floor.

"What floor?" I asked quietly, staring straight ahead at the dark wood paneling.

"Ninth." Wooyoung responded. I could still feel their gazes burning into my skin. I chanced another glance at them as I pressed the button. Wooyoung seemed uninterested. Taecyeon was still watching me curiously.

"Are you the new coordinator-noona?" He asked bluntly.

"Coordinator-dongsaeng." I mumbled.

"You're our dongsaeng?" Wooyoung asked in surprise. I didn't even think he had been paying that much attention.

"Yeah," I replied stiffly. I had always been bad around guys. Especially attractive guys. Now, factoring in the possibility that I now might work for them, I was completely hopeless.

"Weird." Taecyeon remarked. "You look like you're so much older..." His voice trailed off as the elevator stopped at my floor.

I nodded without making eye contact and quickly escaped down the hall. As I neared the coordinator offices, I took deep breaths to steady myself.

My first meeting with 2PM was definitely not supposed to have gone like that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I know I said I was going to update this like a month ago, but that never happened. I'm sorry! I've literally been beyond busy. Be warned though, updates are still gonna be scarce until after May 18 when I graduate... I'll try to get at least one or two in but don't expect much... haha.

@kknokki that comment seriously just made my life. thank you so much.