Break Up

Badass Oppas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTW92a24IAI

----

On Monday you went back to school. Daehyun was still in the hospital. Yongguk had adamantly told everyone, especially you, not to ditch school for him. Daehyun didn’t want that either.

So without a choice you were at school.

You shut your locker and headed towards class. You stopped in the middle of the hallway. You noticed a tall, blonde hair in the distance. *Zico.* Your heart panged with guilt. You hadn’t contacted him since that incident and he hadn’t either.

Zico noticed you and stopped also.

The two of you didn’t go towards each other. You opened your mouth and took a step forward first. But the bell rang and everyone had to go back to class. Zico stepped back with his eyes steadily on you. Then lowering his head he headed to class.

You sighed. *I have a feeling things have changed between us.*

During lunch, you sat with Youngjae, Zelo, and Jongup. Abruptly your phone beeped with a text. Your eyes enlarged at the message. ‘When you’re done, meet me at the bleachers.’ – Zico.

You looked around and saw Zico stand up. He looked at you then slipped out of the cafeteria.

You bit your lip, suddenly feeling nervous.

“Aren’t you going to eat?” Youngjae asked. “Huh? Oh. Yeah.” But suddenly you didn’t feel so hungry anymore.

When your heart was ready, you excused yourself and went to the first floor. You stopped at the exit and put a hand over your nervous heart. *It’ll be all right. It’s just Zico. You know he would never hurt you. He loves you.* In the back of your head a nagging voice asked *Yeah, but do you love him?* You ignored that little voice and bravely headed out to the field.

You spotted Zico right away. He was sitting on the bleacher with his elbows planted on his thighs. A lengthy strand of grass was being twirled between his long, slender fingers. You took a deep breath and walked towards him.

Zico noticed your presence and looked up. “Hey.” You softly spoke. He nodded in acknowledgement.

All of a sudden it felt so wrong to sit so closely to him as you once had. So you carefully sat a couple feet away from him. It was awkwardly silent for a moment. Then Zico broke the silence, “How is Daehyun?”

You answered, “He’s still at the hospital but he’s fine. He woke up just a few hours after the surgery.”

“That’s good.”

The silence returned and clung onto both of you like uncomfortable wet suits. You finally blurted, “I’m sorry.” Zico gave you a confused look, “For what?” “For ignoring you at the hospital. I didn’t even notice you were gone. I’m sorry. I was out of my mind that night.” You shuddered at the memory.

Zico didn’t reply. You lowered your head in shame, “You probably hate me now.”

Zico stared at you, “Hate you?! Are you kidding me?” You winced. *He probably hates me a lot.*

“You should be the one that hates me. In fact, I should be apologizing instead of you.” He answered. Your eyes enlarged and lips slightly parted in surprise, “W-what?” Zico tossed the grass on the ground and sighed heavily, “That night was my entire fault. If only I had controlled my temper, things wouldn’t have gotten so far.” You whimpered. “That’s not true-“

“You even tried to stop me and I didn’t listen to you. I was just so blind with rage that I forgot all about you. I couldn’t protect you.” His hands clamped into white fists. You sc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter