BANG

Please Stay

 

BANG

            There was a sound coming from underneath his desk.  Curious to what it was, Taecyeon decided to look at his desk.   His walk was not quick, more casual and relaxed.  There was not much on his mind.  A small breather in his hectic day.  However as he approached the black steel modern industrial style closed table, he heard his door open.  Standing there was his secretary, Seungyeon.

            “Mr. Ok-”

            Taecyeon chuckled, “After all these years, you know don’t have to call me Mr. Ok so much.”

            “I guess so Mr.- Taecyeon.  It’s just that the messenger is outside your room wanting you to read a document that one of the customers sent,” Seungyeon told her boss.

            “I’ll take a look at it Hamster,” the young boss smiled as he nonchalantly walked out of his office with his cheery employee.

            Once the door clicked, indicated that everyone left, a small figure crawled from underneath the desk space.  At first, he peeked his head, hoping his instincts were right.  Seeing that the coast was clear, he stood up and opened a hidden drawer inside the desk.  Slowly taking a picture out, he was extremely careful.  Then he looked at the image. The little boy smiled.

            “Mommy, why didn’t you tell me you had blonde hair?”

            After looking at the picture, he put it back in the same place with precision hoping to keep it in one piece.  Closing the drawer, he patted his shoulder.

            “Who took my room?  No one told me.  Is it the man with mommy in the picture?” Taemin questioned himself out loud.  Only a year ago did the little boy found this particular office after running away from his nanny that day.

One Year Ago

            Little Taemin decided he wanted an adventure that day.  After devising a plan on escaping from the watchful eyes of his nanny and father’s office staff, he somehow slipped away when they were also busy talking about something big.  Once he was able to experience his first taste of freedom, he decided to roam around the building.  One would have thought somebody would catch the small child, but it was too busy to notice such scenes.  This worked to Taemin’s advantage as he went through a few floors like it was Disneyland.  However, once he reached the penthouse floor, he had an urge to explode.

            He ran around the floors like a rabid squirrel, hyper from the idea of being away at somewhere that seemed so cool.  It did not matter that this was the floor full of scary people like his father and crusty old strict company executives.  To Taemin, this was his time.  After some time he decided to visit his great-grandpa Joon.  However, plans changed.

            For some reason, there was a particular door that stood out to Taemin.  It was like it had his name written all over it.  Well not really.  Using his skills he gained from the My Baby Can Read Series, he saw that the door sign said Ok Taecyeon.  At first, he thought maybe this scary executive was inside, but he was so tempted to peek inside.  Then he noticed that the lights were off and the blinds were shut.  Adventurous and brave, little Taemin took a deep breath and creaked the door open.

            “Hello?” he whispered.

            No response back, Taemin walked inside the office.  There was only a set of fine black Italian leather couches on one side of the room.  To his left, a wall covered by bookshelves was left empty.  This was like the desk in front of him.  There were two waiting chairs in front of the object.  However, the desk caught his eye.  The fine black steel table shined in the dark room.  Seeing that looked solid from the front Taemin walked behind it.  In front of him was the perfect hiding spot.  It was spacious and large enough for him to nap there or play with some of his toys in the leg space.  Not only that it provided perfect hiding space from people who first enter the room.  Wanting to claim his new discovery, Taemin sat inside and took a look at his settings.  The surface was cold, but above him to his left was a drawer. 

            Feeling the strange bump, he decided to open it.  After puzzling around, he only found one object.  There was Gyuri with her long blonde hair sitting at what appeared to be the park on a sunny day.  Right behind her was a tall handsome man, who looked like the boy, giving her a tight back hug.  Both had a big smile on their face with a certain twinkle in their eyes.  For some reason, Taemin thought he recognized the woman.  She looked like his mommy, but she had blonde hair.

            “That’s strange, but Mommy still pretty,” Taemin grinned.  He noticed that she looked really happy in this photo.  It was not like his mom did not want to be around her family.  However, whenever she was not around Taemin there was a certain mood he could not easily describe except as sad. 

Like the night before.  His Grandma Park ate dinner with Eunhyuk and Gyuri after they put him to bed.  Being the hyper little boy he was, he could not sleep, so he walked around.  Once he went near the dining room, he saw his mommy first.  His dad and grandma were talking about something, but his mom seemed distant.  She just stared off.  Her expression was not cold like he heard most people said, but more distant.  Her eyes drifted off as she sighed every few moments.  Gone were the smiles she had around her little boy.  That was until she spotted him.

           “Taemin,” Gyuri smiled at her adorable son, who looked like a deer caught in headlights.  Instead of being angry, she was genuinely happy again as she opened her arms out to him.

           Since discovering the office, Taemin was marked it as his territory with the Pokemon sticker he pasted inside the desk.  Seeing that it was time to leave, Taemin made sure he did not mess up anything in this office.  Then he opened the door again, where he saw a tall man and a shorter woman discussing something.  Their backs faced him, so it was a great way to escape.  Counting down, Taemin ran back to nanny, passing by the two people.

           Once a tiny figure passed Taecyeon and Seungyeon, they looked up for a moment.  They spotted the back of a little boy with thick long chocolate hair wearing cargo pants and a pale blue shirt.  For a moment, the boy turned his head.  He looked very familiar with his goofy toothy smile.  The employer and employee could not help, but to watch him.  By the time he turned around the corner, they smiled at one another. 

           “Cute kid isn’t he?” Taecyeon noted.

           “I know.  I wonder who’s kid he is.  He looks like someone here,” Seungyeon put in her comment. 

           For a moment, Taecyeon briefly frowned.  Before he could wipe it off, his secretary spotted it. 

           “I’m sorry Taecyeon.  I didn’t mean to-”

           “Don’t worry Hamster.  Besides I wonder whose cute kid that was too,” Taecyeon reassured his secretary.  Since seeing the child, something sparked his interest.  He did not know why.  Like as though he knew the child, but he had to know the child. There was an attachment.  A connection between them.  Yet he never saw this boy in his life.