Parties

Please Stay

 

            Everyone walked inside the large store that was two floors high and filled with a variety of clothes, shoes, and accessories from around the world.   There were items from fashion capitols of the world like New York City, Paris, and Milan, which were all high quality.  The interior was modern and sleek with the geometric-themed furniture and expensive contemporary pieces from rising stars of the art world.  Employees were dressed in stylish outfits that presented their unique personalities and tastes, and their service made them extremely well-liked.  Everything about this store was the definition of world-class excellence that could not be matched by any other.

            “Wow Junho… when you told us to be shocked by you and Changmin’s design for his new store, I didn’t expect this,” Jay was amazed by his surroundings.  It was not only him, but almost everyone in their group was gobstrucked. 

            Humbled form the numerous comments,   Junho gave a blushing smile, “Thanks guys.  It’s nothing… Besides Changmin was the one with most of the ideas.  I just executed them to his wishes.”

            “And executed them you did.  Seriously dude you’re underestimating yourself,” Jay praised his friend until he spotted one of the hottest DJ system near him that grasped his attention like a kid in a candy shop.  “Ohh… I wonder whose system this is…”

            Before Jay could reach the system to touch it, Jessica grabbed her fiancé’s hands, “Don’t touch it.  Besides we should congratulate Changmin first.”

            Everyone agreed, but a particular someone grunted, “I’m going to the bar alone.  Meet up when I feel like it.”

            “Let me-” Qri was about to follow him, but she felt a tiny smooth hand clamp onto her wrist.  Taken aback, Qri turned around and saw that it belonged to Jessica Jung.

            “I would leave him alone for a few minutes.  His mood is brewing at the moment,” Jessica advised the confused model.

            “Are you sure?”

            “Trust me.  Taecyeon, Jay, Nichkhun, Tiffany, and I have been extremely close friends for years.  When he gets like this, it’s best to leave him alone,” the ice princess said in a kind tone in order not to scare Qri.

            “Okay then.”

            “Just follow us for a few minutes,” Jessica pulled the model back to their group with an encouraging closed smile.

            Meanwhile Taecyeon forgot everyone and his surroundings as he made his way to the bar.  It was not a difficult walk for him.  People parted like Red Sea, so they would not be in his path.  They had every reason to be.  Ok Taecyeon was an intimidating individual.  Despite the cast, his arm movements were rigid.  There was sternness on his face.  His lips were neither a smile nor a frown, but it was one solid emotionless line.  Something was dead about his eyes.  His breathing was quick, but deep.  People were afraid to be near him.  Whenever his eyes were in their direction, they either avoided contact or gave a timid expression.

            Once he arrived at the bar, he leaned on the counters.  He tried to avoid supporting himself on his casted arm, but managed.  Then he called to the bartender, “One Maker’s Mark straight.”

            Hearing the order, the nervous bartender nodded profusely and fumbled to pour the drink.  His hands were shaking as he handed the drink over, “Here…here… you…go… sir.”

            Taecyeon grimly nodded to which the bartended escaped from as soon as possible.  Before he took a sip, he sniffed the liquid.  Sweet like honey.  Similar to her smell.  Oh his sweet Gyuri.  The thought of her pained him even more.  Without a second thought, he gulped a large amount of the whisky.  Once he felt the burn, Taecyeon was panged with guilt.  As much as he wanted to flush the pain away, he did not want to forget about her.            

            “May I have a glass of water,” a lovely familiar voice sung to his ears.

            Taecyeon’s heart stopped beating for a moment.  Could it possibly be?  Nervous and scattered, Taecyeon decided to peek in that direction.  Turning his head ever so slightly, nothing ever seemed so difficult as this in his life.  One tiny glance was all he needed.

            Even though the back was turned to him, Taecyeon could immediately confirm his question.  Instantly the figure was curvy unlike most women he knew that were sticks.  The blonde hair that cascaded down her back was the answer.  Long and wavy, no one could pull off such golden hair like she did.  However, that was not only her attractive point.  In fact, Taecyeon had a list that would go on with all of her best features, emotionally, spiritually, and physically. These thoughts stopped though when the figure started to turn.

            Taecyeon swooshed back to the other side.  Although they did not fully face each other, he knew that she spotted him.  Panicked, Taecyeon finished his drink as coolly, but quickly as possible.  Difficult as it was, it had to be done.  No one. besides his family and friends, could figure out that there was a certain someone who had such control over him.  Right now he needed to present himself in a manner so no one could mess with him.  He was too fragile at this point.

            Once Taecyeon poured the last stinging sip, he made his way back to the group.  They were at a corner of the room.  Most of the guys talked amongst themselves.  Meanwhile their dates admired the jewelry line that was handmade from an old-fashioned blacksmith in Toledo, Spain.  At first, Taecyeon walked towards his friends.  However, they pushed him to the girls’ direction.  More in particular where Qri was, standing with Jessica and Chansung, admiring a butterfly brooch adorned with emeralds and sapphires.

            “Well, look who decided to show up,” Jessica friend the moment she noticed him.  Immediately the two next to her looked up to see who she was talking to.  Qri gave a closed smile.  On the other hand, Chansung had a cheesy grin accompanied with a wave.

            “Did you get to congratulate Changmin yet?” Qri asked in curiousity.

            “No not yet.  Someone,” Taecyeon paused to collect his thoughts, “Someone popped up.”

            The trio quizzically exchanged glances at one another for a couple of moments.  Then Taecyeon broke up the moments, “Chansung why are you checking out brooches?”

            Chansung shrugged his shoulders, “Can’t a guy keep Jessica and Qri noona some company.  Besides shouldn’t you be congratulating someone?”

            Taecyeon smiled, “Touché.  I’ll be back then.”

            Before he could go, Chansung suggested, “Take noona with you.  You haven’t really talked to her.”

            Hearing this, Taecyeon asked Qri, “Gyuri do you want to go with me?”

            Despite the name error, Qri brushed it off.  She thought he was probably mixing her nickname for the name Gyuri.  It was common for her.  After all, they just met.  Unlike Taecyeon’s naïve date, Jessica and Chansung were mentally face palming themselves.  They did not say anything for Qri’s sake.  It was terrible enough that her date was mostly avoiding her for the night.  She did not need to learn that Taecyeon was probably using her as a temporary replacement for his ex.

            Ori nodded to Taecyeon’s request and went along with him.  At first she was a few steps behind him while he led her through the pack.  Then she felt a large hand take hers.  It was Taecyeon.  He did not face her, but she felt him tug at her.  They maneuvered though the crowd, but there was a sudden stop.

            A few feet away there was Shim Changmin, who was easy to spot from the crowd due to his tall height.  Even th0ugh Qri briefly talked to him earlier, she saw a new figure standing next to him.  She was tiny, but the short rose-cream dress she wore made her look like a model.  The woman’s long blonde hair added to her beauty, it was like as though she resembled a modern day Aphrodite.  Despite seeing only the backside, Qri knew that the woman was a showstopper.  After all, Taecyeon was staring at her with a confused mixed expression in fascination.

            Since people started to take notice of Taecyeon’s staring, Qri nudged him, “It is a bit strange to stare.  How about we congratulate Changmin?”

            Taecyeon’s attention averted back to Qri as he cleared his throat, “Okay.”

            Both made their way to Changmin and the mystery woman, when Taecyeon greeted his friend, “Long time no see.”

            Hearing that voice, the duo quickly turned around.  Changmin was swift and had a huge grin with open arms.  On the other hand, the woman had a fast, but reluctant turn to her.  Once she finally revealed herself, there was a grim look on her face.  Even though she had a tiny smile, it was more like a forced upwards curve of her lips.  She made eye contact with Taecyeon for a few moments, but it broke once Changmin spoke.

            “Hey Taecyeon, Ms. Lee told me you were her date tonight.  It’s nice to see you again,” Changmin said as he hugged Taecyeon and shook Qri’s hand.  Then he stepped back and motioned his hand to the blonde woman, “Taecyeon.  Jihyun.  This is my date, Park Gyuri.”

            Suddenly it hit Qri.  That face was familiar.  The blonde hair.  It was Taecyoen’s ex.  However, the name made it clear.  Qri was unsure how to react.  At first she was angry.  Then she reasoned herself.  Taecyeon was going through a break up.  He probably felt more comfortable being around someone who has similar to the one he desired so much.  Even if it was just by names.  Strange as her reasoning was, Qri went with it.  There was little she could do now without causing a scene.

            “Lee Jihyun.  It’s a pleasure to meet you Ms. Park,” Qri shook Gyuri’s hand, trying to be as normal as possible.

            “Same to you,” Gyuri forced a pleasant expression.  Then she turned to Taecyeon’s direction, where the both of them stood still.  No one said a word.  That was until Taecyeon put his right hand out.

            “Ok Taecyeon,” he stated in a monotone manner.

            Gyuri was unsure whether or not to receive his gesture, but she did.  She wanted to divert the awkwardness that was looming in the air.  However, the moment their skins made contact, both felt warm.  The grip Taecyeon had was strong, but comforting.  It was protective.  It made her safe.  Then he let go.

            “Ok, what happened to you?” Changmin pointed at the cast slightly showing underneath Taecyeon’s suit.

            Taecyeon shortly looked at Gyuri before he spoke, “I got into an accident recently.  Nothing really.  Seriously though, how have you’ve been?  All I know is that you were Japan and now you opened your own store.  Congrats dude.”

            “Thanks Taecyeon.  Those words from someone as accomplished as you means a lot.  I was in Japan for three years working for Akira Takeuchi’s company as one of the management execs,” Changmin said.

            “Wait you worked with Akira from Theatre Products?  I’ve worked in some of the fashion shows.  Have I seen you from somewhere?” Qri could not help, but to chime in her excitement.

            Snapping his fingers in an aha moment, Changmin realized it, “I thought I recognized you from the after parties.  Qri isn’t it?”

             Gyuri cringed when she heard that part.  Was Taecyeon already dating someone else so soon?  Not only that, but trying to replace her that easily?  Observing the model, Gyuri tried to analyze her.  She was probably from a well-off family based on her accent and appearance.  This girl had a more formal upper-class tone to her voice, but it was not snobby or pretentious in anyway.  Not only that, but she had great taste in fashion based on her navy Dolce and Gabbana one-shoulder dress.  Examining this girl, Gyuri thought Qri was a good match for Taecyeon.  Beautiful, nice, and well-off, Qri would probably fit in with Taecyeon’s family and lifestyle. 

            Qri and Changmin continued to chat like as though they long time friends.  They exchanged stories about their experiences in Japan like the clubs in Shibuya and the stores in Harajuku.  Their conversation was quite animated with their large smiles, hand motions, and bundles of laughter.  Meanwhile Taecyeon and Gyuri were the opposite.  Unlike their usual selves, they allowed their dates to lighten the mood.  They would eye each other instead.

            “I’m going to the restroom,” Gyuri excused herself.

            Minutes later Taecyeon excused himself too, saying he was thirsty.  Instead of heading towards the bar, he went outside.  Walking to the back of the building, he found Gyuri standing by herself.  She was staring at the night sky.  It was impossible for him not to watch her.  Seeing her made is heart beat at a speed like no other.  The things she did to him,

            Sensing someone else was here, Gyuri turned to find Taecyeon standing.  For a moment, she pouted at him, “What are you doing?”

            Nervous as he was, Taecyeon still walked towards her, “I thought I would find you here.”

            “Is there anything you want to talk about?”

            “Obviously there are a few elephants in the room,” Taecyeon stated as he stooped right in front of her.  His stance was much taller than hers, but it was not intimidating.  His arms behind his back revealed a shyer side to him.

            “So I see you have a date tonight…”

            “You too…”

            “How did you meet?” Gyuri questioned as she was hurt seeing him with another woman.

            “Blind date.  My parents actually had the nerve to lock me out of my own office and change the locks until I accepted a blind date.  I wouldn’t voluntarily date anyone,” Taecyeon was embarrassed to say.  Then he scratched his head, “How about you and Changmin?”

            “He asked me out when I interviewed him for an article.  It turns out his uncle owns the publishing company that runs DSP, so my superiors kinda pushed me to go out with him.  I guess work requires some sacrifices,” Gyuri summarized the events.

            “Do you like him?”

            “He’s a really nice guy, but not for me.  How about Jihyun?”

            “She’s a great girl.  However, I already have someone else.”

            “I don’t know Taecyeon.  Us?  We have so many issues,” Gyuri massaged her temples, trying to figure it out.

            “There wouldn’t be any if we keep creating them.  Just let us work this out please,” Taecyeon pleaded with a humbled tone.

            “How can we!” Gyuri threw her hands in frustration. 

            “I want us to get back together.  You do too.  I’ve seen the look in your eyes.  All that matters for us is that we want to be together,” Taecyeon grabbed her arms in desperation.

            “What makes you think so,” Gyuri yelled at him.

            “Let me convince you then,” Taecyeon proclaimed.  Then he crashed his lips onto hers.  Even though it was sudden, Taecyeon was soft and gentle.  His arms circled around her waist.  The way he held her was firm, but loving.  Despite how tender he was with her, he showed his need for her.  He was hungry for her.  Gyuri did not fight back.  Instead she turned weak by his hold and seemingly melted in his arms.  Her head crooked to the side.  Slowly her hand caressed his face, where she noticed the light stubble.  She could taste the whisky, but she did not care.   Everything around them disappeared.

            “You here?  If you don’t come back soon, I think Changmin and Chansung are going to start their own circus trying to impress Qri.  Taec-”

            Caught like a deer in headlights, Taecyeon and Gyuri ceased their kiss and broke away.  They saw Jay and Jessica shocked from the scene.  Jay’s jaw dropped.  Despite her icy rep, Jessica had a wide eye expression.  Both did not know how to process this.

            “Gyuri?  Is that you?”  Jessica spoke up dumbfounded.

            Taecyeon and Gyuri did not know how to respond.  Then Gyuri turned to Taecyeon, “Pick up your stuff form my place tomorrow.”