I'm Sorry

Please Stay

 

                “I might had slept with Yoona.”

            Those words rang in Gyuri’s head.  They taunted her over and over again.  Her mind was like a broken record player.  No, more like a broken television.  Now images flashed in her mind.  Yoona and her Taecyeon.  In a bed.  Enticed and intertwined in each other’s arms.  Very quickly, the images started to connect.  They turned into a terrible horror movie.  Her worst nightmare.

            Taecyeon stood there watching her.  She was so stiff.  Her eyes were blank.  Mouth wide open.  Arms dropped to her side.  Hands were flat and wide.   His chest felt like it was going to rip open.  Heart beats were more powerful and faster than ever.  It seemed like his only cure was to hear something from his Gyuri.  If not, he might as well stab himself through the heart to end this chest pain.  Yet what was happening?

SLAP

            Gyuri’s once warm fingers were now ice cold as they made a sharp impact against Taecyeon’s cheek.  There were a couple of scratches from her nails.  Red marks were stamped on his face.  The wind blowing against the spot stung.  Unlike most, Taecyeon did not nurse his wounds or hold onto his cheek in pain.  For this was not where he was truly injured.  His heart was crushed.  Watching Gyuri.  She was in tears.  Salty watery drops were streaming from her eyes.  Lips trembled.  Hands slowly curled into tight fists.  It was all because of him. 

            Broken and vulnerable, she gradually started to fall to the floor in the middle of the airport.  Arms clamped around her legs, Gyuri buried her head there.  Soft cries and sniffles could be heart.  Never before did she reveal her pains so openly.  Even as a child, when she was taunted and bullied by the others, she would not become vulnerable in front of them.  Now here she was crying in front of everyone.  Normally she was the leader of a group, who would take command strike in power.  However, it was all shattered by the man she deeply loved and trusted.  How difficult would it be to forgive him now?

            Taecyeon heart was being ripped apart as he watched her.  How could he bandage her wounds?  He was the inflictor.  Still, he needed to explain to her.  However, what was important was comforting Gyuri.

            Worried for her safety, since she was crouching, Taecyeon tried to pull her back up.  What he was met with were a few powerful whacks from the petite woman.

            “Don’t touch me!” Gyuri hissed at him.

            Hearing this, Taecyeon immediately jumped back.  Never before did she react this furious with him.  Sure they had fights, but never was this tone of voice unleashed at him.  Yet, Taecyeon realized why he deserved it.

            “Can we talk please,” Taecyeon pleaded.

            Shooting straight up, Gyuri snapped back, “No.”

            “It’s just that-”

            “There is no might in this situation.  You either did or you didn’t!” Gyuri flailed her arms at him.  Then she started walking out.  People in the airport were watching the drama go down.  However, Taecyeon did not allow this to distract him.  He needed to focus on his Gyuri.

            Chasing after her and forgetting about his suitcase, he tried to catch her, “Gyuri!”

            She ignored each cry.

            Finally when he caught up with her, he tried to grab her arm.  On instinct, she twirled back and glared at him, “I thought I told you to stop touching me.  After what you did, I don’t want your hands near me.”

            Each word was laced with spikes and venom.

            “Like I said, I want to explain to you,”  Taecyeon humbly said.

            “What is there to explain?  You slept with Yoona.  Probably to get back at me about Eunhyuk,” Gyuri yelled.

            “No it wasn’t like that-” before he could finish, she started rolling her eyes.

            “Let me guess… It was like before we started dating.  You were and frustrated, so you needed someone to satisfy you.  Oh look who was near you at the time, Yoona.  So there… I can’t believe I trusted you near her.  I mean look at her, she’s beautiful, rich, smart-”

            “That’s not true.  You’re the most gorgeous, smartest, funniest person I know.  You’re close to perfect, but right now you’re being really stubborn.  I just want to explain to you.  Please, I love you-”

            “These are just thoughtless words spewing from your mouth.  You don’t love me.  If you did you wouldn’t had slept with Yoona!”  Gyuri exploded.  However, once those words escaped from her lips, she immediately put her hands over .

You don’t love me

            Those words haunted Taecyeon’s mind.  He could not believe that was what she thought about his feelings towards her.  He betrayed her, but those words were against everything he felt for her.  Those words were the biggest blows to him.

            “That’s… not… true… I love you,” Taecyeon struggled to say, after her previous words. “You have to listen to me.  I said might because I don’t know if I slept with her.”

            Desperate, Taecyeon grasped on to her arms.  This time, she did not resist.  For some reason, something told her to stop being stubborn and to hear him out.  After finally getting her attention, Taecyeon was relieved, but nervous.  He had to explain this confusing story himself.

            “I love you so much.  I say this over and over again because I want you to realize that I never want to hurt you in anyway.  I don’t know how, but for some reason I might have,” Taecyeon earnestly tried to prove himself, even though it was very weak.

            Seeing the look in his eyes, Gyuri saw innocence there.  Could he be telling the truth?  It was true, he would never want to hurt her.  Slowly the anger and pain were washing away.  Still there was distrust.  However, she was starting to forgive him.  Yet she could tell something was not right.  This whole situation.  She could tell he believed that he did not sleep with Yoona.  He was only saying so because something was pushing him.

            Then fear struck her.

            Gyuri escaped from Taecyeon’s hands, as she ran off.

            How could she forgive him over something like this?  When she realized that her ex, Taeyang, was in love with his best friend, she could not forgive for the longest time.  Yet with Taecyeon, it was gone so quickly.  She could forgive him.  It scared her this forgiveness.

            She did not want to end up like her mother, who had forgiven her father too many times.  Eventually her father took advantage of this forgiveness, and left her and her mother.  She did not want to be pushed around like that.  She did not want him to repeat terrible actions again.

            Then her heart turned cold again.  How could she be so weak.  All these years, she formed a wall that seemed like it was made from steel.  Now the wall turned into mud bricks that were easily blown.

            Taecyeon tried explaining to her, but she left again.  Using the best he had, he needed to prove to her, but how?  Not letting her escape, Taecyeon ran after her again.  Before he knew it, they were outside on the sidewalk.  It was difficult trying to reach her with the crowds trying to reach their flights or attempting to quickly leave the airport.  Finally after so many pushes, he finally had a full sight of Gyuri.  She was crossing the street.  Then he noticed a speeding car in her direction.

            “Gyuri!”

            She turned her head.

            BAM