Flying Out

Please Stay

 

Months Later

RING

RING

            “Mmph… Babe I think it’s your phone,” Taecyeon groaned as the cell phone blasted through the grand bedroom in the early morning.  He tried shaking Gyuri a bit, who was asleep in his arms.  However, she did not budge.  Instead, she peacefully slept like an angel with her golden hair perfectly sprawled across the pillow and her sweet pure face in bliss.  Not wanting to disrupt this scene, Taecyeon carefully stretched his right arm to grab her cell phone on the nightstand.  Right when he was about to put her phone on vibrate, he noticed the caller I.D.

Lee Hyori

            Gyuri’s superior at DSP.  This call must had been important if she was calling on a Saturday morning.

            “Gorgeous, it Hyori from work,” Taecyeon tried to rouse his sleeping beauty.

            Hearing these words, Gyuri’s eyes immediately popped open and she shot herself up.  She was scrambling trying to find her phone.  Then she heard a chuckle from Taecyeon, who had the device in his hands.  At first she pouted and snatched it away.   Then in a blink of an eye, her expression and tone turned much brighter when she answered the call.

            “Good morning Ms. Lee.  How are you today?” Gyuri chirped.  For the next several minutes, Taecyeon observed the conversation.  It was mostly nods, yeses, and the usual.  Meanwhile, Gyuri maintained a straight professional face.  It must have been a serious business call.  When the conversation ended, Gyuri turned a complete 180.

            “I’m being considered for a promotion!” her arms flung around him.  Despite it being early for the both of them, they were now enthusiastic by the joyous news.

            “That’s terrific.  What’s the promotion for?” Taecyeon cupped her face in his hands, as he whopped a big kiss on the lips.  He was so proud of her.  Finally her work ethic, creativity, intelligence, and skills were slowly earning the credit she deserved.

            “Well, it one of the main editors of the music section for DSP magazine.  Hyori told me that the bosses like my articles, sense of direction, creativity, leadership, and extensive knowledge of art.  Hopefully these qualities give me a shoo-in…” Gyuri was excited, but worried about this possible promotion.  She could not believe that at this time, she was being considered for such an honorable position.  She only worked there for less than a year.

            Taecyeon pulled her into his arms, with his left one draped over her.  Her head rested on his chest, as her fingers played with the contour of his abs.  Both of them were excited at the possibilities in store for them.  There were so much potential and opportunities for them that their lives could end up anywhere.  As both were exploring their paths, Taecyeon Gyuri’s head in deep response.  Then he suddenly blurted, “Where do you think we will be in five years?”

            Gyuri paused for a moment, “Hmm…”

            That day it would be a bright sunny day with cool breezes, a perfect day to go out.  Taecyeon and Gyuri finally decided to go on a trip with all their friends to Busan like they have always talked about.  Since the crowd is so large, they are riding in two Volkswagen vans, one blue and the other green.  Taecyeon is driving the blue van.  Khun is in command of the other one.

            Both vans are giving a great time just driving to their destination, the beach.  Sining old folk songs and talking story, time and traffic do not appear to be burdens to them.  Even times, like waiting in a car, are wonderful to them because it takes them out of their busy lives in Seoul.  By then, Gyuri expects her friends to have steady careers that they enjoy.  However, getting away is something that is needed every once and awhile.

            Once they reached their spot, everyone will be charging down the sand in great excitement.  Knowing Taecyeon and Gyuri though, they would be staggering behind the crowd.  At this time, Taecyeon would not had changed much appearance wise.  He would probably still maintain his perfectly sculpted muscular body, but he would probably have shorter hair, due to the sake of business.  Hopefully by then, he is much more at peace, Gyuri on the other hand, will always have her incredibly beauty intact.  Maybe then, she will have a different hair color, but in all still the same.

            In al, everything would seem the same except for a certain finger on their left hands.  On the finger closest to their left pinkies, they would appear like normal fingers.  Then as one travels down, there would be something eye catching.  Shiny lusters would gleam off of both hands…

            “Gyuri?”  Taecyeon teased as she returned to reality.

            “Just thinking Taec,” Gyuri gave a closed smile.  She turned her head to see him, “What do you think will happen in ten years?”

            For some reason, Taecyeon knew where he wanted to be…

            They were at the park where they had their first day, and it was the perfect day for them to be.  The sun shined against the beautiful city of Seoul, making everyone want to go outside.  Despite the warm natural lights, the cloud cooled down the area, making the weather even better.  Some people decided to go to the park near the Han River.  Others shopped at 0utdoor malls.  For Taecyeon and Gyuri, they decided to venture to the place that was the start of many dates.

            “Sweetie why are you carrying that?”  Taecyeon rushed to Gyuri’s side, as he took away a large heavy picnic basket.  She chuckled at his concern for her, these days he was extra cautious.  He almost broke a sweat, despite wearing a loose polo and cargo shorts, due to lightning speed.  Seeing this, Gyuri grabbed a handkerchief and wiped his forehead. 

            “Why are you alway taking care of me.  It should be me doing that for you,” Taecyeon whined as he rubbed her swollen belly.  His beautiful wife was seven and half months pregnant, and was so radiant.  Her blond locks were now chestnut brunette waves that caressed her face.  Tender eyes adored her wonderful husband as they paid attention to one another.  Taecyeon could not believe this gorgeous wife could become more attractive, but she always proved him.  Pregnancy really did make her glow.

            “Oppa stop that,” Gyuri giggled as she held on to his rubbing hand.  They both touched her sensitive belly, until she let a squeal.

            “Did you feel that?” She asked him with glee.

            “Was that the baby’s kick?” Taecyeon beamed.

            In happiness, she nodded her head.  Their hands explored once again, and another kick was found.  These awesome sensations were not the first time for those two, but each time felt like the first.  Taecyeon smiled at this and cupped his wife’s face, as he gave her a long sweet kiss.

            “Oh no!  It’s already 8:15!  You need to be at the airport in an hour and a half,” Gyuri panicked as she jumped out of bed.  Dashing back and forth, the blonde beauty was trying to find both of their outfits and his suitcase.  Despite this state, she was cute.  Watching this, Taecyeon relaxed in bed and chuckled to himself.

            Hearing this, Gyuri snapped her head at him, “How are you like this?  You’re late!”

            Rising out of bed, Taecyeon stretched  his arms and yawned.  Then he pulled Gyuri back in his arms, where he gave her a warm back hug.  He started kissing her neck and shoulder, where he could tell she was loosening up and leaning into him.  Her fingers crawled up and down his muscular arm, when she started to sigh.

            “I wish you aren’t gone for a month.”

            “I know babe, but it’s for the trial.  They’re finally gonna get that bastard.”  Taecyeon reasoned.

            After what seemed like forever, justice was going to be served.  A hired assassin, Lee Joon was getting what he deserved.  It was a shame he was the end for the reunited lovers, Kim Yubin and Lee Donghae. 

            They were high school sweethearts, when Donghae was studying in Los Angeles.  Like many young first loves, they were mad for one another.  However, everything had an end.  Even the sun sets in paradise.  Once the young couple graduated, Donghae had to return to Korea due to visa issues and mandatory military services.  On the other hand, Yubin was ambitious, wanting to to improve her life and social status.  Both were able to accomplish their goals and requirements.  Not only did he serve his military time, but he worked a well-known private security company.  She became one of the hottest models in LA and hung out in the circle of the rich, powerful, and famous.  Despite it all, both were empty and they knew why.

            Her greed held her back from running to her heart’s desires.  She already had the popularity, wealth, and well-off possibly soon-to-be fiancé.  Could she give it all up for a regular middle class guy from high school?  What she needed was a little push and that she received.

            Despute being separated from her, he always knew her in some sorts.  That was why he tried to so to return to Los Angeles, the place she would never separate from.  However, it was difficult for him to obtain a visa the normal way, so he had to turn to murkier sources.  He did not want to resort to this, but he would do anything for first love.

            After searching, Donghae made a deal with a powerful underground leader, Choi Siwon.  Having many connections in Korea and the US, Siwon was able to pull a few strings for Donghae’s visa.  However, this favor came with a hefty price tag.  Donghae swore he would pay off his deft as soon as possible.  He truly meant it.  Unfortunately, once Donghae returned to LA, the debt drifted further and further from his mind.  Eventually he spent most of his money, trying to prove to Yubin he was worth her love and that he could support her.  Then he was completely dried up.  He could not ask any of his friends, he already owed them.  His family was furious that he dropped everything for one girl.  It was also difficult for him to work because of his visa requirements.  Still he needed the money to pay back Choi Siwon.  Hopefully the powerful man would understand his situation.

            Unfortunately, like Donghae, many misunderstood Choi Siwon.  A mean of his status was swift and impatient, he wanted to finish all business ties.  No ifs, buts, or excuses.  For that he sent the young Lee Joon on the job to send the message, never to be late.  A fine job Joon did.  Still he was caught and took the down fall, for nobody could challenge Choi Siwon.

-------

Incheon International Airport was busy as usual, filled with a diversity of people.   Some were caring missionary workers off to their next service trips in third-world countries.  Others were swift business people occupied with their smart phones and tablets, preparing themselves for important foreign business meetings.  Meanwhile there were families excited about the new adventures they would all experience.  Then there were famous Kpop singers, surrounded by their fans on their way to another sold-out concert.  In the midst of it all, there was a young couple with their arms around each other.

“I miss you already,” the tall handsome man whispered, as his grasp on his blond girlfriend’s waist became tighter.

A tear slowly rolled down her cheek, “Don’t say that… I miss you too much at this point,” she looked at her watch, “Go now, you’ll be late.”

Taecyeon nodded reluctantly and kissed her forehead.  Gyuri let go of her hold, and peeled his hands off of her waist.  She knew the longer he heold on to her, the more she would miss him.  Seeing this, he pouted, but knew it was for the best.  Then he rolled his suitcase to the door, waving goodbye to his beautiful love.

Not being able to watch him leave, Gyuri turned and started her walk to the exit.  Before she took her final step to the exit, she felt a warm pair of strong arms wrapped around her waist from behind.  The hands tenderly her sides, which caused her to jump.  Then she felt a hot laughter against her neck.

“You thought we would say goodbye like that without saying I love you,” Taecyeon cooed in Gyuri’s ear.

Using her free hand, she stoked his face.  Then she turned to face him. “I’m sorry oppa.” She then tippy toed to peck him on the lips.

Taecyeon responded back with a passionate kiss, assuring her that everything would be okay.  Once they backed away, he had a goofy grin on his face, “I love you too chagiya.”

Seeing this, Gyuri giggled, “Love you too loverboy.”