07. Little Moments of Truth

유리(Yuri) Glass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

07. Little Moments of Truth 

(You'll keep it inside cause' its the safest place to hide)

“So, friends?” She offers her hand to him.

Changmin looked into her eyes for a moment, remembering the past where he could have changed what they are now.

He keeps his smile as he took her hand and shook it briefly and silently thinks to himself, I’ll take it even if it’s all you can offer. “Friends” He lets his hand linger on hers until she gradually lets it go.

“Thanks for the dinner, Changmin.  It’s been so long since I’ve been out like this…” she trails off and he understood right away what she meant.

He grins in return and said, “It was my pleasure. I’m glad you like it, Yoong.”

She looks at him surprised by his remark, “How did you—“

His smile widens playfully, “Your friend, Jessica, I heard it from her. It’s a nice nickname, I hope you don’t mind.”

“It’s fine,” she says. “And really, really thank you for tonight,” she says and smiles her stunning smile at him, and for a moment, he forgets how to breathe and feels the familiar heavy tugging in his chest. He resists the urge to touch her again.

“You’re very welcome, Miss Im.” He gives her a small playful bow with a grin.

Just like that, he was back to being sixteen and in love with Im Yoona.

“So,” Jessica starts, and Yoona could already guess her friends purpose for calling this late at night: Dinner with Changmin. “How was the grand dinner with your Prince Charming?” And she was right.

“Well,” she hums under her breath, another beautiful disaster, “It was good. Thanks for asking.” She smiles calmly, despite the annoyance her friend is giving her and the radiating emotions that she didn't how to quite handle yet.

“That’s it? Good? Not even romantic or nerve-wracking or… I don’t know, maybe thrilling!”

It was thrilling, alright, she thinks to herself and returns back to the moment where his hand touched hers and sparks started flying inside her. She clears and said, “We had dinner, Jess, not some kind of trip or a party”. She hopes her voice didn't give the truth away. 

Jessica sighed dramatically on the other line. “Was the date fancy, at least?”

Yoona smiles thinking about it, “Yeah, I think you can say that. It’s not a date though.”

“Then what do you call it?”

“Dinner—“ she shrugs, “…with a client. That’s all.”

“Did you talk about his business or your business?”

“No, not really.”

“Then it’s a dinner date, Yoona.”

“How—“ she heaves a deep sigh, “Fine. Whatever you call it. Satisfied?”

“Not quite yet. I’m pretty sure he’s into you as much as you’re into him, don’t you think so?” Jessica asks as if oblivious of Yoona’s annoyance at the topic.

“Jung Jessica! What the hell!” And secretly, her emotions soared inside her just thinking about her friend's words.

Jessica started laughing on the other line, “Oh come on, Yoona. I’m just having a little fun. Besides, it’s been a long time since…” she trails off, and in an instant, they both knew they were thinking about the same thing, the same person.  “… You know, that you went out with someone other than me and Kyu.”

It really has. “Hm…” Yoona doesn’t know what to say.

They were quiet for a moment until Jessica spoke again, this time her voice a little more gentle. “I’m just happy, you know, for you.”

Even though Yoona already knew what she meant, she still wanted to hear it from her. “Happy about what?”

“I’m happy that you’re finally coming out of your shell again. I’m happy that you’re moving on slowly but surely. I’m happy that you actually let other things a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter