06. So Much For Being In Denial

유리(Yuri) Glass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

06. So Much For Being In Denial

(Well, well, well, if it isn't your brain speaking in denial)

 

Yoona told herself that there is no such thing as falling too fast too hard in her life anymore. She's been there and done that already, so really, the lesson was learned. 

She concluded this decision before she went to sleep the night Shim Changmin had dropped her off out of politeness two nights ago, and the light fluttering in her stomach she felt around him? She believed that was just because she's been out of touch with the world too long that the feeling came as something unfamiliar and a little exciting. That was all of it, period.

So why the hell does she feels a little irritated that their scheduled dinner was canceled due to another of his personal matter dinner date? Especially with the information someone, specifically, Jessica had informed her that she saw Shim Changmin in a fancy restaurant with a “pretty hot” (Jessica’s words not hers) lady that seems around the same age as them too.

Sitting on her cubicle, doing nothing, and thinking of getting ditched, she kicked the trash can beneath her table and the crumpled papers spilled on the floor. Her forehead creased with lines and her brows knit together as she grumbles to herself. Okay, maybe she is more than a little irritated.

Jessica peeked over the short wall that separated their cubicle. “What’s wrong with you? Are you still sulking about—“

Yoona cuts her off with a glare. “Not in a million years, Jess. Please just mind your own business.”

Jessica smirks. “I am right, after all. And you know your business is my business.” She rests her chin at the thin wood as if getting comfortable for a conversation. “Anyway, how did it really go meeting that bastard ex of yours?”

Yoona looked at her, “Didn’t I already tell you about that?”

“Yeah, but you said the usual thing which is “horrible”. I know there’s something more to it this time since he talked to you or something.”

Yoona frowns, not liking the conversation one bit but she also knew Jessica wouldn’t stop until she gets the information she asks for. “I told you we didn’t get to since Changmin came.”

Jessica nods, rolling her eyes. “I get it. Your Prince Charming came to the rescue… but what did Seunghyun say about that?”

Yoona paused thinking about the whole scene again. “All I remember is Seunghyun said something about needing to talk to me and… I think they know each other.”

“Did you ask Changmin how they knew each other?”

Yoona shook her head, “It slipped my mind.”

“Oh well. At least you already have a Prince Charming to rescue if ever that Seunghyun comes looking for you again…”

Yoona shrugs, trying to be indifferent. “First, Mr. Cute. Now, will you stop calling Changmin my Prince Charming? The man is clearly taken. You said it yourself; he went to dinner with this “pretty hot” lady.”

Jessica grins at her, all of a sudden. “Oh my, don’t tell me you’re—“She stops abruptly and looks at Yoona, her grin growing even more annoying in Yoona’s eyes.

Yoona’s eyes widen for a moment, almost terrified of the word her friend is clearly thinking of. She was about to stop her from saying but Jessica went first.

“Jealous?” And that momentarily rendered Yoona speechless.

Well, well, well… if it isn’t the word Yoona hates the most when it comes to relationships. But to make the long story short and the drama less dramatic, that unforgivable word is what defined Yoona before. Basically, she hated the word with a passion.

“Oh come on, Yoona. It’s just a damn word. Besides, it means different in every relationship… You have to understand that.” Jessica offers her a small comfort with a smile and she did understand.

She smiles a little, knowing her friend is right. “Sorry. I guess overacting is my middle name these days. And I do understand. But it doesn’t mean I don’t hate the word any less though.”

Jessica rolls her eyes and ends up laughing. “Good. Because I think that word is going to come up a lot more in the future if… you know.” Jessica gives her a mischievous grin. “But in a good harmless way, of course!” she adds, quickly.

Yoona sighs averting her gaze upward to the ceiling, wandering. “Believe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter