10. Of Wanting But Not Knowing

유리(Yuri) Glass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10. Of Wanting But Not Knowing

(Whether we like it or not, even the coldest hearts out there have a way of melting. Enjoy!)

Yoona stopped short when she heard a familiar voice, specifically Changmin’s voice, and another one she didn’t recognize. It was a female voice and they seemed to be arguing.

What are the chances of meeting him? Of all the places Kyuhyun would send her for an errand, why here, and why her?  Surely, Hwang Tiffany isn’t the same person standing with Changmin and the one she came to see for an interview right?

The closer she got, the clearer the voices became and the more she felt guilty for eavesdropping. Besides, she wasn’t even supposed to be interested in Shim Changmin’s business in the first place. She was here for a purpose for goodness’ sake. But again for some reason, not a limb in her whole body moved. She stood behind the door and saw a glimpse of a beautiful woman inside and Changmin standing in front of her.

 “Max, don’t you dare do this now— not when…” The girl trails off averting her gaze somewhere else.

“Dare what?! I’ve been waiting for this all these years Tiffany. I can’t walk away now.”

“There will be other opportunities, Max. We can’t lose this one just because of your petty—“

“Don’t Tiff—“Changmin reached for her arm to stop her. “I love you, but I can’t give up just yet, not when…” he trails off.

“When what? She is not going anywhere, Max. You’ll have other chances but this time can’t be passed on. It’s too important for this company, for you, and for me.”

 Changmin was silent for a moment and Yoona held her breath as she stared at them facing each other. “Fine, I’ll think about it, Tiff.”

Everything went silent and all Yoona could hear were her thumping heart and her slow breathing. She doesn’t know exactly why but she felt a little ill. Something inside her turns and twisted and it ached just a little more every second pass. Then she started walking and processing the things she heard.

The woman named, Tiffany, called him Max, which sounded oddly familiar.

Then, he said… I love you.

Everything suddenly feels off. Her breathing was hitching and her mind was blank.

A moment later, she heard her name from a familiar voice.

“Yoona, wait!” she stopped and caught a breath. Her heart pounded hard against her chest, and there is that agonizing feeling she can’t recognize yet. But she did know the reason behind it. What is wrong with her, really?

She felt a hand around her wrist, turning her around. “Yoona…” Her name sounded strange coming from him. “Are you okay?”

She wriggles her wrist from Changmin’s grip and forced out a smile she hoped came out right.  “Yeah… I’m fine. I was just—” she suddenly trails off putting her head down, embarrassed.  In her head, she seriously considered running away.

Changmin smiled. “Here to see me?”

Yoona looked up to him. “What— no. I’m actually—” she stopped short as she stared at the elegant woman that was approaching them. Hwang Tiffany, the person she came to see.

“Actually, I came for her,” Yoona muttered under her breath, and Changmin turned to look.

“Tiffany?”

She nodded. 

“Sorry, I thought you missed me.”Changmin had spoken the words too casually that she couldn’t help but look straight at him. Was he serious? Something in his eyes said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter