Chapter 6

Sanctum of Sacrifice.

Heechul groaned as he sat in class tapping his fingers on his desk. 
~I can't concentrate!~ He whined and crossed his legs, really wishing that their earlier exchange hadn't progressed quite as far as it did. Hearing a small thud, he looked up at the neatly folded paper on his desk.

Don't think about it much Chulie, Saranghae ^_^

Kyu! Not helping, but I love you too >///<


When another piece of paper landed on his desk, Heechul immediately opened it assuming it was from Kyuhyun.

One two we're onto you
Three four you're a dirty
Five six you
Seven eight we'll set you straight
Nine ten you won't win


Furrowing his eyebrows, Heechul looked around the classroom to try and see who might have thrown it. Nearly every student was glancing in his direction and he frowned, looking back down at his desk as tears burned his eyes. He crumpled up the paper and raised his hand. 
"Teacher, I need to call home.... I'm not feeling well."

As soon as he was excused he walked out of the class with his head down, Kyuhyun looked on, helpless and clueless to what was wrong, before he slipped out of the classroom un-noticed by his teacher. 
"Hyung what's wrong?" he yelled as Heechul ran down the hallway holding his bag to his chest. Kyuhyun ran closely behind his boyfriend as he ran out of one of the side doors, into the courtyard. 
"Go back to class im fine" Heechul choked out as he tried to fight off the tears. 
"You're not fine; it's obvious why else would you just leave without even looking at me?" he asked as he wrapped his arms around Heechul from behind, only to be shrugged off again quickly.

"What have I done wrong? Is it because of this morning? If it is im sorry." 
"No… It's nothing to do with that, well it is, but it's not your fault." He blinked, unable to conceal his tears any longer, he breathed deeply, glancing down at the paper in his hand. 
"Why won't you talk to me…" Kyuhyun whispered as tears gathered at the corners of his eyes.
~Everything is falling apart… Just go back to class, I'll call you tonight~ Heechul thought to himself, knowing Kyuhyun would be able to hear him. 
"Don't bother… you can't even look at me!" Kyuhyun yelled as he ran back inside. 
He stormed into his classroom and gathered up his things, all eyes were on him as he ignored the angry shouts of his teacher.
"Cho Kyuhyun what do you think you are doing? If you leave this class you have detention!" 
"I don't care" He hissed as he hooked his bag over his shoulder, kicked open the door and left.

When Heechul arrived at the orphanage, already mentally preparing himself for Eeteuk's lecture, he was surprised to find a news crew there. 
"Do you live here?" One of the reporters asked and he nodded, glancing at the camera before wiping his eyes and stepping inside.

To his dismay, there were more inside. 
"Thanks for doing this Kangin-ah. Maybe they'll find loving families to live with." He heard Eeteuk's voice and followed it, turning the corner to find Eeteuk in the arms of that man he'd about. "You're getting rid of us?!" He snarled, startling both adults.
"Heechul what are you doing home? You know that's not what I mean." Eeteuk said and Heechul glared. 
"We're family." He said and Eeteuk rolled his eyes. 
"You are all orphans. My job is to find you all a family. As much as I love you all I can't take care of everyone myself for the rest of my life. If children get adopted then I can make the remaining children's lives better." He said and Heechul frowned.

"Then find someone to replace you."
"Kim Heechul!" Eeteuk snapped and grabbed the teen by his arm. 
"Leave. Me. Alone. Jungsu." Heechul warned, gold flitting through his eyes as Eeteuk's fingers bent backwards away from his arm causing the elder to yell. Heechul let go of him and slammed the door to his room, sliding down against it with his head in his hands. 
"First school, then Kyu, now this?" He sobbed, guilt hitting him like a ton of bricks once he realized Eeteuk was still whimpering in pain outside his door.

Feeling three little bodies, Heechul looked down to see Heebum, Sungmin, and Ryeowook curled up to him. "Don't cry Hyung."

……

Kyuhyun sat in the gym for the rest of the class. It was empty until last period and gave him the perfect place to sit on his own for a while. He sat with his eyes locked on his phone, looking at the photo of himself and Heechul taken that morning.
"When did everything change… Appa hates me, I probably made Chulie hate me, and now I have to deal with being able to hear people's thoughts, to top it all off im dead for cutting class… " he sighed as he leaned back against the wall, throwing his head back with an audible bang.

He sat for round about an hour before the doors opened and two boys from his class entered, he scowled as he stood up, heading for the door. He screwed his eyes shut tight as he walked through the empty gym, in an attempt to block out their thoughts, but the voices still found their way inside his head.
~Freak~
As Kyuhyun approached the voices got louder and he lost all focus, walking straight into one of his classmates.
"Yah! Watch where you're going" ~don't touch me~
Ignoring everything he continued to walk until he was halted by one of the voices.
~I don't know whose worse, him or that dirty he calls a boyfriend~

Turning round slowly he glared before closing the distance between them.
"What did you just call him?" he growled as he faced the older of the two.
"Who? I don't know what you're talking about, get the hell away from me"
~what's his problem? ~
Before he could stop himself, his anger got the better of him he slammed his hands into the boys chest, knocking him backwards. 
"I dare you to insult Heechul again!" he hissed, when out of nowhere a fist connected with his with his jaw, sending him crashing to the floor. 

"Touch either of us again and were going to have problems" the two older boys turned and left the gym. 
Kyuhyun sat on the cold floor with his head in his hands, his lip was bleeding from the impact of the older boy's fist, but he didn't care, all he could think about was Heechul.

He left the school building as 4th period had started; he had more important things to do that sit in class. As he approached the orphanage he noticed camera crews leaving and Eeteuk stood outside waving goodbye to them.
"Eeteuk Hyung what's going on? Is everything alright?" he asked, a worried tone to his voice.
"Yes everything is fine. The camera crews were here for publicity that's all. Kyuhyun-ah shouldn't you be in school? What happened to your lip?"
"Nothing im fine, Is Heechul here?" 
Eeteuk noticed the younger boys worries and nodded.
"He is in his room, go on up" Kyuhyun bowed and made his way to Heechul's bedroom.

"Kyuhyun Hyung" he heard a little voice and felt a tug on his hand as he walked up the stairs.
"Hello Sungmin, where are you taking me?" he asked as the little boy pulled him upstairs.
"Heechul Hyung is sad. He's napping but I think he needs a cuddle." Sungmin pouted as he and Kyuhyun arrived outside Heechul's bedroom.
"Thank you Sungmin, don't worry ill make sure he's alright" he smiled as the small boy wrapped his arms around his hips, hugging him tightly, before running away to find Ryeowook. 

Heechul was fast asleep on his bed as Kyuhyun entered the bedroom and made his way over to his boyfriend. His cheeks were damp from crying and he shivered slightly from the cold.
Kyuhyun grabbed the blanket off the end of the bed and pulled it over the two of them as he lead on the bed behind the older boy, wrapping his arm around his waist. 
~Kyuhyun-ah I love you~ Heechul thought as the warmth of Kyuhyun's arm connected with his stomach.

Kyuhyun smiled and kissed the older boys neck softly, trailing kisses down to his shoulder and back to his neck. Heechul whimpered and opened his eyes, turning his head slightly his eyes met Kyuhyun's and he pouted as the younger boy spoke.
"Im sorry about what happened today… I over reacted, Im sorry. So much has changed recently im just struggling to adjust to it all. I didn't mean to take it out on you" Kyuhyun's eyes softened and Heechul smiled. 
~Don't worry about it baby~ "Hey what happened to your lip?" 
"Long story…" 
He pulled on Kyuhyun's shirt, interrupting him and drawing them closer together until their lips met softly in a forgiving kiss.

"Kyuhyun... How did I have the good luck to find someone like you." He said burying his face into Kyuhyun's chest. 
"It doesn't matter." Kyuhyun murmured and Heechul yawned, sitting up.

As he did so, the paper he'd held crumpled in his hand slipped out of his grasp and he gasped trying to catch it but Kyuhyun got it first, un-crumpling it. Heechul bit his lip as he saw Kyuhyun's eyes harden and stand from the bed. 
"Kyu..." He started.

"Don't 'Kyu' me. How could you not tell me about this?" He asked and Heechul sighed. 
"I'm sorry. I didn't want you to see how badly it affected me. I guess I panicked." He admitted. 
"Don't worry about it. I love you that's all that matters." 

Kyuhyun took a deep breath to calm himself before sitting on the bed beside Heechul.
"I think I know who sent this…" 
"R...really? How?" 
"The same person who did this" he sighed as he pointed to the cut on his bottom lip. 
"After you left I went and sat in the gym on my own, Jay and Hyun came in so I left. Their thoughts got too loud and I ended up walking into Jay accidently… he called you a dirty … so I pushed him and Hyun punched me. I just…I couldn't stand him calling you that." 

Heechul smiled and took Kyuhyun's hand.
"Don't get beat up because of me stay away from them, please?" Kyuhyun nodded silently as he screwed up the note and slipped it into his pocket.
"I just want to protect you" he whispered as he rested his head on Heechul's shoulder. 
~I don't need protecting, let me protect you~ he smiled and wrapped his arms around Kyuhyun's waist, pulling the younger boy onto his knee. 
Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around Heechul and buried his face into the crook of the older boy's neck, nipping at the skin. Heechul giggled as the door to his bedroom opened and Sungmin walked in, holding Heebum like a doll. 

"Hyung look what I've got" He grinned as Ryeowook walked in behind him with his blanket.
"Minnie be careful with Heebum, he's not a toy" Heechul smiled as Kyuhyun ran his hand down his back, sending shivers up his spine.
Sungmin pouted and put Heebum on the bottom of the bed before running out of the room giggling. 

~Stop it~ 
Heechul bit down on his lip as Kyuhyun ran his hand under the older boy's shirt, trailing his nails lightly down to the bottom of the others back.  He grinned at Heechul's reaction and pecked him on the cheek.

"Wookie what's wrong?" Heechul asked as the young boy stood at the door with his head down.
"Sungmin won't play with me" he pouted as Sungmin ran back into the room with a pink stuffed bunny and a giraffe. He stood next to Ryeowook and grinned, handing him the giraffe before wrapping his arms around the smaller boy and squeezing him tightly.
"It seems like he wants to play now" Kyuhyun smiled as a huge grin crept onto Ryeowook's face and he held the giraffe tightly in his hands. 

As the two ran from the room giggling, Heechul sighed and looked at Kyuhyun. 
"I love those two they're so adorable... They seem like they're gunna grow up like us!" He joked with a laugh as Kyuhyun caressed his face.

Feeling his power creep up his spine, Heechul gasped as it dawned on him. 
"You're the one who's been boosting my power." He said and Kyuhyun looked at him oddly. 
"We know that already." 
"No no you're controlling it. When you walked by the first time you were anxious then surprised at the accidental kiss... then you kissed me back in detention and my power went ballistic." Heechul explained and Kyuhyun's eyes widened.

"You have two powers...... Ah my Kyu baby is so special!" Heechul squealed and tackled him, cringing when Eeteuk's voice broke into the room. 
"I thought I said no funny business..." He joked. 
"How are you Heechul?" He asked and Heechul tensed. 
"Wouldn't you like to know? Kyu let's go to your house." He said standing and pulling Kyuhyun with him out of the room.

Eeteuk rubbed his arm nervously as Heechul walked past him, bruising evident on his knuckles from before. 
"Heechul-ah!" Eeteuk called as Heechul got to the exit. 
"Someone is interested in adopting you."

................

Heechul only stopped running once he was in front of Kyuhyun's house. He didn't care that it was three and school was just letting out. Or that no one was home and they'd likely get into trouble again.

Kyuhyun hugged him to his chest and tightened his grip when Heechul struggled. 
"I don't want to! Used to, I would do anything to be adopted but Eeteuk and Sungmin and Ryeowook are my family and you're so so so important to me... I can't be adopted now. I just know they don't live in the area I can feel it." He sobbed, not caring that he was wiping snot all over his sleeves or that he looked a mess. Even a few neighbours peeked outside to see what was going on. The street light nearby crumpled under the force of Heechul's energy and Kyuhyun shushed him.

"Heechul calm down. I'm here now that's what matters. You need to relax, focus on me." He said and Heechul looked up at him before a new wave of tears started and he hugged Kyuhyun tighter. 
"This isn't happening." He mumbled as Kyuhyun tried to guide Heechul inside.

"Heechul, listen to me!" Kyuhyun said firmly as he cupped the older boys face in his hands. 
"No matter how far away they take you, I will find you! I'll call you every day, I'll write to you; I'll come and see you so much you will get sick of the sight of me. No one can take you away from me!" He cradled Heechul to his chest as they sat on the sofa in the living room. 
~I don't want this! I can't leave you~ Heechul thought as he sobbed, unable to get the words out any other way. 

They sat on the sofa for over an hour before Heechul finally stopped crying. His face was expressionless as Kyuhyun held him close. 
"Kyu… Can I stay here tonight?" he whispered as he raised his head slightly.
"Of course" he replied and kissed Heechul on the forehead. 
Kyuhyun looked at the clock on the wall and sighed. 
"My parents will be home soon… but don't worry, you're not going anywhere. I don't care what Appa says." 

Soon after, a car pulled up outside the house, Kyuhyun tensed as father opened the door.
"I thought I said you were grounded?" His father snapped as he saw Heechul clinging to the fabric of his son's shirt.
"And I thought I told you, you can't stop me seeing him!" he hissed as he tightened his arms around Heechul.
"Stop it the both of you!" His mother yelled as she walked in the house, closing the door behind her. 

Kyuhyun's father took one look at his son curled on the couch with Heechul and he scoffed, leaving the room briskly. 
"Thanks Umma" Kyuhyun said and she sighed. 
"I won't be doing it forever. You and your father are going to have to sit and talk about it one day or another. It won't be resolved by arguing." His mother said and Heechul grinned. 

"I like your mom." He mumbled.
"Thanks Umma I've been trying to get him to smile for hours and here you are doing it in two minutes." Kyuhyun joked as his mother sat down next to them. 
"What's wrong?" She asked. 
"I'm being adopted." Heechul pouted and Kyuhyun spoke up when his mother looked confused. 
"He's an orphan Umma.... he's worried about moving away but I told him I wouldn't abandon him." He said and his mother smiled. 
"Go upstairs you two. I'm going to get dinner started." She said and left the room.

Kyuhyun sighed and stood, holding his hand out to Heechul. 
"Let's go." He said and walked with Heechul to his room. 
"So much crap today..." Heechul mumbled, pulling Kyuhyun to lay with him on the bed. 
"You know I love you right?" He asked and spooned himself against Kyuhyun.

"I do.... and I love you too. No matter what happens I still will. Shouldn't you call Eeteuk?" Kyuhyun asked and Heechul frowned. 
"He can himself with a plunger stick for all I care. I just want to sleep."

"You don't mean that, you know he only wants what's best for you, all of you" Kyuhyun whispered as Heechul turned over and buried his face into the younger boys chest.
"Your supposed to be on my side!" he mumbled as Kyuhyun kissed his head.
"Im not taking sides. Eeteuk loves you, that much I can tell. Just wait and see what happens first before you start hating him. Being adopted means a new start for you, with a family to call your own. I'll still be by your side, no matter how far I have to travel to see you."
Heechul smiled as his eyes fluttered closed, he sighed before falling asleep in Kyuhyun's arms. 

Kyuhyun watched as Heechul's breathing calmed and his chest rose and fell slowly. He smiled as there was a quiet knock at the door and his mother entered. 
"Dinners ready" she smiled as Kyuhyun held his finger to his lips and nodded. He slipped out of Heechul's hold and off the bed, pulling a blanket over his sleeping boyfriend and leaving the room quietly. 

He sat down at the table next to his mother while his father was sat opposite to him.
"Honey is Heechul not hungry?" his mother asked softly when she realised he wasn't coming down.
Kyuhyun shook his head as he swallowed a mouthful of food.
"I'll take something up for him later. He needs to get some sleep." His mother nodded and smiled.

They sat in silence for a few minutes before his father spoke.
"What happened to your lip?" he asked blankly, glaring at Kyuhyun as he ate. Kyuhyun shrugged.
"Some guy at school hit me, don't worry about it" he replied as he kept his eyes on the table, refusing to look at his father.  His mother sighed.

"You know, you're going to have to speak to each other properly eventually. Stop being so childish, the both of you!" she turned to Kyuhyun "Don't be mad at him" she smiled before turning to face her husband, taking his hand "And you are going to have to accept the fact that our son has a boyfriend. He is happy, and that's what matters." 
He smiled at her, holding her hand tightly 
"I'll try" he whispered as he looked at Kyuhyun, who suddenly felt awkward. 

He sat back in his chair and concentrated, for once letting his parent's thoughts into his head.
~Finally he's trying. Maybe things will go back to normal~ his mother thought as she raised her glass and took a sip of water. He switched his eyes to his father, who was once again, sat glaring at him across the table.
~If he didn't insist on disgracing the family I wouldn't have to accept the fact that every time I look at my son it disgusts me~ 

Kyuhyun pushed his chair out from under the table and stood up, throwing his chopsticks down as he met the glare of his fathers.
"Im sorry I disgust you Appa! Im sorry I disgrace the family because I am happy! But you will have to ing get used to it, because Heechul is a part of my life, and YOUare not going to change that" He hissed before leaving the kitchen and running upstairs, leaving his parents stunned at what just happened.

Kyuhyun ran up the stairs to his room and shut the door quietly before turning to Heechul, blocking out his parents' thoughts from his mind. Heechul let out a small mewl as he turned over in his sleep. Kyuhyun smiled and sat on the edge of the bed. 
"Things will be alright Heechul." He said.

...............

The next morning, Heechul awoke to the sound of purring and he blinked, confused. 
"Kyu?" He said turning in the circle of Kyuhyun's arms to face his sleeping lover. 
"Kyu wake up." He said poking Kyuhyun's cheek. No response. He sighed and grabbed Kyuhyun's crotch, making the younger boy yelp and snap his eyes open. 
"My cat is in here." Heechul simply said as Heebum jumped on the bed.

"That was NOT okay!" Kyuhyun said, folding his legs as he sat up. 
"How'd he get here?" Heechul shrugged. 
"I dunno." He said. Both teens turned their attention to the door when Kyuhyun's mother poked her head inside. 
"He was outside yowling so I let him in and got out my inhaler. I knew he wouldn't be downstairs long." She said and Heechul was off the bed in an instant, hugging her. 
"Thanks so much! Though... do you have any clippers?" He asked and Kyuhyun's mom nodded. 
"We used to have a small dog." She said.

Minutes later, Heechul was sitting down as Kyuhyun laughed and scooped up the blue fur coming off of the cat. When Heechul was done he dumped the hair out Kyuhyun's window. 
"There. That should help her breathing." He said and Heebum pawed at his face as if it would bring his hair back.

"Heechul.... We need to sit and talk with Eeteuk about your adoption." Kyuhyun said carefully and frowned as the smile immediately vanished from Heechul's face. 
"I know but I don't want to." He said and buried his face in Heebum. 
"If you don't talk now, you won't even have an idea who is adopting you. If we find out we can plan ahead. Not to mention why did my mother not wake us up for school?" Kyuhyun added as an afterthought. Heechul shrugged, pouting. He did not want to go talk with Eeteuk.

Kyuhyun shuffled off his bed and knelt down on the floor behind Heechul, wrapping his arms around the older boy's waist kissing his neck softly before leaning his chin on his shoulder.

"Its gunna be alright you know." He smiled as Heechul interlaced their fingers and his bedroom door opened. His mother popped her head round the door and smiled at the two of them, knelt on the floor next to Heebum. 
"Everything okay now?" she asked
"Yes thank you Umma" Kyuhyun replied. "Oh and Umma, Why didn't you wake us for school?" he asked as his mother stopped half way out of the door. She smiled.
"I thought you both needed a day off, I called your school so don't worry" 

Kyuhyun and Heechul grinned as she left the room. 
"She is awesome, I wish she was my Umma" Heechul said as he leaned back onto Kyuhyun's chest.
"But then that would make us brothers… And this would just be weird" Kyuhyun giggled as he nipped at Heechul's neck.

They spent most of the morning sat on the floor of Kyuhyun's bedroom. Simply enjoying being together as long as they could, not knowing whether they would be together a week from now. 
"We should probably go and talk to Eeteuk… I know you don't want to, but you need to" Kyuhyun whispered as he nuzzled his head against Heechul's neck.
"Mhm" he mumbled as he ran his fingers through Kyuhyun's hair, pulling him close and kissing him softly.
"I love you" He smiled as he stood up, pulling Kyuhyun up with him.
"I love you too, always! Now let's go and see Eeteuk" 
Heechul frowned but nodded none the less, he picked up Heebum and took Kyuhyun's hand as they walked downstairs and towards the door.