Chapter 3

Sanctum of Sacrifice.

Kyuhyun arrived at school extra early that morning to make sure he had time to find Mr Hwang and hand in his History essay. His bag was unusually light without his laptop and he felt strange without it. He pulled out a black folder and opened it, taking out his essay as he approached the teachers' lounge he took in a deep breath and knocked, hoping someone would answer.
After a few minutes of waiting the door opened and Mr Hwang was stood holding a cup of steaming coffee.

"Kyuhyun-ah good morning, do you have your essay?" he said with a smile, he seemed to be in a good, but that might be because school hadn't started yet.
"Ne, I managed to recover it from my laptop last night all 10 pages of it. And im sorry about yesterday in class, Im sorry for not paying attention." Kyuhyun relied quietly as he slipped the folder back into his bag and handed the essay to his teacher.
"Thank you Kyuhyun. I can tell you have been distracted for the past few days, I do notice when my students are having a hard time you know. You're allowed to talk to me about it, just because im a teacher doesn't mean im a monster" he chuckled. "Oh and Kyuhyun…I was never going to fail you, I just needed you to think that so your grade wouldn't drop." Kyuhyun smiled and walked down the hallway as Mr Hwang disappeared back into the teachers' lounge. 

He opened his locker and pulled out his books for the day, smiling happily as he did so. The thought of Heechul's lips pressed hard against his was impossible to get out of his head.
"Aish Kyuhyun get a grip" he whispered quietly to himself as he closed his locker and headed towards the gym.

Kyuhyun was walking with his head down as a few people from detention walked by him, sniggering and laughing quietly after seeing Heechul kiss him yesterday. 
Heechul rounded the corner at speed crashing into Kyuhyun and knocking him off balance sending him crashing to the floor. 
"Aish Heechul Hyung you really need to stop doing that!" Kyuhyun laughed as he sat up. Heechul looked horrified as he knelt down to help the younger boy up.
"Kyuhyun-ah im sorry! I didn't see you, are you alright?"
"Yes Hyung im fine" Kyuhyun smiled as his eyes locked with Heechul's before he blushed slightly and looked away. Heechul opened his mouth to speak, freezing when another surge shot through him, crashing down the hallways and sending locker doors flying off their hinges. He looked down and bit his lip as he realised their fingers were still laced together.

"Hyung, when are you going to explain how you do that?" Kyuhyun asked as he looked down the hallway where several teachers were gathered, puzzled to the mess and destruction.
"After school… Meet me at the gates after the final bell has rung, I'll explain everything" He smiled and pulled his hand away from  the younger boy's as they both headed off to class.
Everyone in class noticed a difference in Heechul. He was diligently taking notes and participating in the discussion. When their teacher took a break for them to work on some math questions, he stopped at Heechul's desk. 
"Mr. Kim not that I'm complaining but is everything alright?"

Heechul sighed. 
"Yes Mrs. Kim. I'm keeping myself busy because I have something to do this evening and it makes time pass." He shrugged and the teacher smiled a bit. 
"Alright."

When he was left alone, Heechul groaned and threaded his hands through his hair. 
"What do I tell him?! I know what little bit of Kindness will probably vanish when I tell him what's going on... then again at least he hasn't run away yet."

............

"Man I hate being right."
Heechul stood staring at the clock in the dressing room, slowly but surely changing back into his normal clothing. After he was in his clothing from the orphanage, he pulled his bag back on and headed outside to meet Kyuhyun.

When he arrived Kyuhyun was already there. "Hey." He said awkwardly and Kyuhyun smiled. "Hey."
"Um... I don't know where to start to be honest." Heechul admitted and Kyuhyun pointed. "Your eyes."
"You and my eyes." Heechul chuckled, moving hair out of his face. 
"My eyes are natural. I was born with them that colour. On my ID it says eye colour: multi Haha. Well... They're like that because since I was little I had this... energy, power if you will... and I started learning how to control it. I never really had trouble with handling it recently until you started getting close. I have no idea why but even now I can feel more power than usual." Heechul explained with a shudder.

"Okay... I would say that's unreasonable but I've seen it firsthand.... hey, that's not what you were wearing earlier... and your lip." He said and Heechul turned his back to Kyuhyun. 
"My powers got out of hand and let's just say I live with a lot more people than I used to. The lip injury was from some idiots. It's nothing to worry about, I handled it." He said. 
"Shouldn't we be in detention? We're going to get ISS if we don't show up."

Kyuhyun sighed and the two headed to detention, arriving five minutes late, but luckily they got there before the teacher came to check on them. Kyuhyun and Heechul sat on the floor at the back of the class, out of the way of the 5 other students.
"Im sorry I keep obsessing over your eyes, I've just never seen eyes as beautiful as yours" Kyuhyun whispered as he fiddled with his hands awkwardly, avoiding all eye contact with the older boy, who was sat smiling. 
"Don't apologise, Im just surprised you haven't called me a freak and ran yet like everybody else does." He replied and nudged the younger boy with his shoulder, making the two giggle. 
Heechul glared at one of the other students as he heard them making snide comments about the two, a fierce look crept onto the older boys face and one of the doors flew open. 
"Hyung calm down it's alright, ignore them" Kyuhyun whispered. 
Heechul shook his head, causing the door to slam as he looked at Kyuhyun and smiled. 

"Why does your power spike when I am around?" Kyuhyun asked as he looked into the colourful eyes looking back at him, Heechul shrugged.
"I don't know, I didn't start happening until the other day when I ran into you in the street."

"Umm… Yesterday, in detention…Why did you kiss me?" Kyuhyun asked as he looked down at his lap. Heechul laughed slightly.
"Yeah…Sorry about that. I had a suspicion that it was you causing my power to spike and I had to be sure." Kyuhyun looked up, raising an eyebrow at the older boy.  
"You could have just asked me. Touched my arm or something." He laughed. 
"Yah I didn't hear you complaining when you practically jumped into my mouth" Heechul prodded Kyuhyun's thigh, earning a giggle from the younger boy, who brought his hands up to his face, hiding his blush.
"I got caught up in the moment…" he whispered from behind his hands as Heechul turned to him and winked, smirking once again. 

Heechul's smile slowly faded and he sighed, looking forward. 
"In all honesty... I assumed it was the best way to find out. If just being in the same area gave me enough of a spike for me to slip out of control even for something small as a lunch tray... I knew kissing you would be a definite yes or no. The amount of power I got from it was astonishing." He explained, grinning.

Detention, now that they had to stay the full time to make up for yesterday's, passed by slowly. Heechul balled up his umpteenth piece of paper as he doodled.
Kyuhyun unravelled each one, looking at them. A worn down building. A present box. A cat. A woman? 
"Hey... why are you drawing these?" He asked and Heechul blinked, almost forgetting he was there. 
"Oh... The building is my home, the present is the construction it's going through right now, the cat is mine and that's Teukie Hyung, my caretaker." He explained.

"Your caretaker? Where are your parents?" Kyuhyun asked as a wave of curiosity flooded his mind. Heechul sighed and placed his notebook on the floor. 
"I don't have parents. They died in an accident when I was eight, an accident that I caused. I have lived at the orphanage ever since, I've gotten used to it now. I help Teukie Hyung look after everyone and he looks after me." Heechul replied in a hushed voice as he brought his knees up to his chest. 

"Im sorry… Can I ask… what happened?" Kyuhyun asked cautiously as he placed his hand in the older boys and smiled, letting Heechul know he was there for him. There was a short pause as Heechul ran his thumb over the back of Kyuhyun's hand.

"… My parents dropped me off with a friend of theirs one night… I didn't know them, I had never met them before, but they wouldn't listen…I cried so much when they eventually got me out of the car and I ran down the street after them as they drove away. I had known about my power for a year or so but I wasn't in full control of it. I fell as I ran after my parent's car and I felt this energy shoot out of me… When I looked up I saw their tires blow out and the car flip in the air…It went crashing through the safety rail at the side of the road and straight into a lake." Heechul blinked, sending tears tumbling down his pale cheeks, he wiped his eyes almost immediately, hating the thought of other people seeing him cry.

"My mother was killed by the impact from the crash, my father drowned… we found out the breaks had failed as the tiers blew, I caused the crash, and I caused their deaths. The police closed the case as a 'terrible accident' and I've been in the orphanage ever since, it turns out nobody wants to adopt a damaged child." He rested his head in his knees and sighed as Kyuhyun stayed silent, not knowing how to comfort the older boy.

Instead of talking, he leaned his head on Heechul's shoulder and laced their fingers together, holding the older boys hand tightly before bringing their hands up to his face and kissing the back of Heechul's hand. They sat in silence for the rest of detention, until a teacher gave them all permission to leave. 

One by one, the students grabbed their things and left as Kyuhyun helped Heechul stand up. 
"Hey... I wondered, could I see your home?" Kyuhyun asked as Heechul shifted his bag on his shoulder. 
"Sure I guess. I don't mind. Construction's going on though so it's not much to look at." He said and Kyuhyun shrugged. 
"That's alright."

They walked in relative silence back to the orphanage and Heechul smiled, hesitantly taking Kyuhyun's hand. 
"Thanks for being my friend, Kyu." He said quietly and Kyuhyun nodded.
"Likewise. Is this it?" He asked as they stopped outside a building construction workers were carrying in laminate wood flooring. Heechul took a deep breath and nodded. 
"Yup."

Making their way carefully inside, Heechul led Kyuhyun to Eeteuk's room only to find him missing from the room. 
"Huh, maybe he's doing baths." He said, dragging Kyuhyun back to the bathrooms and from the looks of things they'd been redone in the morning. 
"Damn maybe I should start showering in here." Heechul whistled and Eeteuk looked up from where he was bathing Sungmin. 
"Oh Heechul your home. This must be Kyuhyun." He said taking Sungmin out of the bath and wrapping him in a towel. 
"Go get dressed Min."

Sungmin scurried away and Kyuhyun bowed. 
"Yes, I'm Kyuhyun... wait how do you know me?" He asked and Heechul blushed. 
"So you're the one who stole my Chullie's first kiss." Eeteuk said and Heechul whined. "Umma! I kissed him first." He complained and Eeteuk ruffled Heechul's hair. 
"Yeah yeah, nice to meet you Kyuhyun. You take care of him alright? He doesn't befriend others very easily." He said before leaving the bathroom.

Heechul frowned and drug Kyuhyun to his room. 
"This is Ryeowook. He's the kid you fixed the present for. Sungmin sleeps in here too but he'll be along when he's done playing." Heechul said as Ryeowook ran up to them and hugged him. 
"Hi mister are you hyung's boyfriend?!" He asked cutely and both boys blushed. 
"Um.... why don't you continue playing? Your Hyung has some things to do." Kyuhyun said and sighed in relief when Ryeowook nodded.

"What? Ashamed of me?" Heechul asked teasingly and Kyuhyun laughed. 
"No. You and I both know we're friends... at least for now." He said and jumped when he felt something on his leg. 
"Oh, hi Heebum!" Heechul said happily as he bent down to pet his cat.

They spent around an hour doing random things and playing with Sungmin and Ryeowook before Kyuhyun said he had to leave. Eeteuk watched as Kyuhyun hugged Heechul goodbye and he smiled, turning back to his work.

Kyuhyun spent the whole walk home trying to think of what to tell his parents, it was almost 7pm, a lot later than usual and he couldn't tell them the truth; they would probably ground him for life. 
"Oh yes by the way Umma, Appa, I've been in detention for the past two days after school, I made out with a boy and now we are friends." He scoffed at the thought as he approached his house. He pulled his key from his pocket and entered. 

He was met instantly by the eyes of his father, who was stood at the bottom of the stairs waiting for him to arrive home. He froze for a moment and swallowed hard before speaking.
"Appa, im sorry I am late home." He said as he looked at the floor, afraid to meet his father's gaze. 
"Where the hell have you been? Your mother has been worried sick!" his father hissed, taking a few steps towards his son.
"Im sorry! I was tutoring a classmate. He was failing math so I agreed to help him." It wasn't the most convincing lie but it's the best he could come up with.  
"Really? So as well as being home late you lie to me too" 

Kyuhyun's eyes shot open and he looked his father straight in the eyes. How did he know?
"I…Im not lying!" his voice broke, but his father didn't seem to notice, either that or he didn't care.  
"Your teacher called me this afternoon! He said you had detention, to make up for ditching the one you were supposed to have yesterday for not handing in your essay on time. Im disappointed in you Kyuhyun, we raised you better than this." 
"Im sorry" he whispered as he hung his head, fiddling with the hem of his t-shirt.
"Go to your room, your grounded for the weekend." Kyuhyun raised his head to object when his father raised his hand, silencing him. 
"I don't want to hear it, now go to your room." 
Kyuhyun sighed and did as his father asked, dragging his bag behind him up the stairs and to his bedroom. 

He spent Saturday stuck with nothing to do but study. His laptop didn't need to be taken away, since it was broken, he had no games to play, and nothing else to do. He was bored, bored to the point he wanted to climb out of his window and run to Heechul. 

Instead he flopped face down onto his bed and screamed his frustration into his pillow. 
Most of his Sunday was spent sleeping or sitting up in bed thinking about Heechul, and the eyes that had hypnotised him so many times. He cleaned his bedroom and collapsed onto his bed, wishing Monday would come sooner so he could leave his room and live his life. Within minutes he was curled up, with a blanket wrapped around him, sleeping peacefully. 

Monday brought on a headache for Heechul as soon as he woke up. He drug himself to school and into his desk at nearly nine thirty, not even bothering to change clothes or shoes. His hair was a mess and his head was pounding.

All night the night before, his powers had kept him awake when he thought of Kyuhyun and he worked on subduing it each time. It had started when he was out on a walk in town. ~Maybe if I kiss him again it'll turn off.~ He groaned in his head as he listened to the teacher.

Class went by and soon he found himself in the cafeteria. Kyuhyun walked up to him and smiled. 
"You seem off today, everything alright? I almost went nuts over the weekend because I was grounded." He said and Heechul's head shot up.

"Grounded? Because of me Kyu I'm sorry!" He said and Kyuhyun shook his head. 
"Because I lied about detention." It wasn't the total truth but the truth none the less. Heechul laid his head on Kyuhyun's shoulder as they sat down and he sighed. 
"My power's been screwy since last night. I have a huge headache." He whined.
Kyuhyun patted Heechul's head. 
"People are looking." He said, amused and Heechul lifted his head up long enough to frown before going to plop it back down. Kyuhyun stopped him and tilted his face before pressing his lips to Heechul's softly.

Heechul's eyes flew open and he felt the energy rush through him and he focused on redirecting the energy before it could expel itself in front of everyone. As he did, he looked back at Kyuhyun and smiled but it quickly vanished when Kyuhyun was pulled back from him by a teacher. 
"Mr. Cho. You know we don't allow PDA.... of any kind, this is your first and final warning!" The man said, glowering at Heechul.

When the teacher had left Heechul's smirk grew as Kyuhyun's blush deepened. 
"Yeah sure you kiss me and you don't get caught. I kiss you and I almost get detention for it" 
"That's because the only people who saw me were students, and we were out of the way of the majority of people. You seem to be forgetting that we're in the cafeteria." 
"Aish shut up. How's your head?" Kyuhyun whispered as he linked his fingers with Heechul's under the table. Heechul smiled and rested his head on Kyuhyun's shoulder.
"Pounding but I'll be fine, as long as you don't kiss me again Babo. That hurt"

Kyuhyun laughed. 
"Mianhae. Here." He said digging in his bag and discreetly giving Heechul two Tylenol for his head. Heechul downed them and sighed.
"So... if we're friends let's learn more about each other." He said after he swallowed the medicine.

"Where do you want me to start?" Kyuhyun asked.
"Well... I told you my life story, start there." Heechul said, amused. Kyuhyun seemed quite the opposite. 
"Nothing to tell. I have strict parents but they don't treat me badly." He said. 
"Boooring. Kay then were you gay before I kissed you?" Heechul asked and Kyuhyun coughed, choking on his food.

"I'm not!" He complained once he calmed down. 
"But... you kissed me back, twice I might add. That's not straight boy behaviour young man." Heechul said, his headache beginning to subside as he laughed. 
"I didn't say I was straight… Im Biual." Kyuhyun shrugged and Heechul's eyes widened.

"Oh... well that changes things then." He said and nuzzled his head into Kyuhyun's shoulder.
"But of course my parents think im straight… they would probably disown me if they knew" he laughed.
"So your parents think your straight, the perfect son and perfect student?"
"I was until you came into my life!" 
"You can't blame me for all of this, you're the one who kissed me back like I was your boyfriend" Heechul giggled.

Kyuhyun went to retort when Heechul stood and the bell rang. 
"Don't do that anymore, that's creepy. Internal clock." Kyuhyun muttered. 
"I can feel the energy going through the wires to make the bells go off." Heechul said and left Kyuhyun in the lunch room to go to his next class.

Once again he drug out paper and a pencil to begin drawing but instead of his cat or something he would normally draw, he drew a couple. He started off drawing a girl and a guy but as he went it turned into himself and Kyuhyun. He sighed. 
" Kim Heechul you're falling in love."

An hour and a half later Kyuhyun entered his music class ready for anything but twenty minutes into the class all he could think about was Heechul, how their lips kept meeting, how their hands seemed to fit perfectly in the others.

"Aish…I think im falling for him" he thought as there was a loud noise next to him, snapping him out of his daydream to face his teacher, and she looked annoyed. 
"Kyuhyun if you aren't going to focus on listening to me, maybe you should play something on the piano for the class." Kyuhyun's eyes widened as he felt the entire class was watching him, he made his way to the piano and sat down. 
He chewed on his lip as he eyed everyone in the room, before closing his eyes and starting to play. He was so used to the piano that he could play most things naturally; being able to play with his eyes closed meant he didn't have to watch as people glared, whispered and laughed at him. 
As he played he felt a smile creep onto his face and realised he was thinking of Heechul once again, he opened his eyes and finished the song, noticing the smile on his teachers face.
"Thank you Kyuhyun that was wonderful, now please pay attention"  
"I will Mrs Lee" he smiled and sat back down at his desk before pulling out his notebook and quickly writing something down. He ripped out the page, folded the paper, and placed it in his pocket with a smile, before focusing on his work. 

The rest of the afternoon passed pretty swiftly and before he knew it he was sat in his History class as the other students arrived. He sat back in his chair and stretched, feeling arms snake around him from behind, he looked over his shoulder to see Heechul grinning at him. 
"Don't do that, you scared me!" Kyuhyun pouted as he wrapped his fingers around Heechul's arm.
"Sorry, you were an easy target" he giggled and brought his face down on level with Kyuhyun's neck and placed a kiss just above his shoulder. Kyuhyun's eyes fell closed but were soon opened at the loud bang caused by the classroom door slamming shut.
"Oops… I couldn't hold that one on" he grinned as he kissed Kyuhyun's neck for a second time.
"Hyung, we'll get caught, I can't get another detention. My parents will kill me" 
Heechul scoffed and released his arms.
"You're no fun….." He pouted as he walked towards his desk.
"Hyung I have something for you. Don't read it until you get home though okay?" Kyuhyun smiled and handed Heechul the piece of paper from his notebook.
Just as Heechul had sat down the rest of the class arrived. 

Their last class of the day past quickly, Heechul had detention, so Kyuhyun walked home alone. When he got home he had a shower and completed his homework, before relaxing on his bed and reading his history book. 
When Heechul finally got out of detention he pulled out the piece of paper he had received from Kyuhyun and read it. It was Kyuhyun's address with '11pm tonight' scribbled roughly underneath. Heechul smiled and ran his tongue across his bottom lip.
"Looks like I have a date."