Chapter 6 - Epilogue

Justice

  It was the next morning, Sehun woke up. He walked out of his room after using the bathroom. He yawned and saw Luhan was all cheerful. He was spinning around while humming, even doing a little dance. He didn't even go to bed last night. Sehun walked next to him and looked at him with a confused face.

"Oh Sehun~~ Good morning sir! You have a trial appointment in 03:00 hours! Please wear your finest, because today~" Luhan stopped with the announcer voice, "you will be not guilty." Luhan smirked.

  Sehun gave a smile that made his eyes turn into crescents. He took Luhan's hands and jumped along with him. Then he remembered, he needs to go get ready.

"Oh, I need to shower, shave, and get dressed." He ran back into his room.

  Luhan smiled and looked at himself in the mirror. He too needs to shower. He sneaked into the bathroom. Sehun noticed when he heard the shower door open. He scared.

"Hyung, what are you doing in here?" Sehun asked.

"Hyung? Where did that come from?" Luhan asked, grabbing Sehun's shampoo.

  Sehun just shrugged it off and shared the shower water with Luhan.

  After showering, they got dressed in their best suits. Sehun styled his hair all professional like. They looked like winners.

  It was 9am, Luhan and Sehun sat down in the court room. Luhan had a bright smile on his face as he looked around. He saw Jongin talking with Baekhyun. Luhan stood up and excused himself from Sehun. He walked over to Jongin and put his hand on Jongin's back.

"Kai~ Good morning." Luhan cooed.

  Jongin got surprised, Luhan used the pet name he called Jongin in college. This makes Jongin unsettled. He faked a smile and looked down at Luhan.

"I hope today goes well for you," Luhan spoke, "oh, and the bruise on my cheek has almost lifted." Luhan pointed at the top of his cheek where he fell on the grass.

"Yeah... Take care." Jongin said in a shaky tone.

  Jongin and Luhan had a code. Whoever walks over to the other first means they have some exclusive evidence. It means they're confident in winning the trial. Jongin knows Luhan: Luhan would never walk up to him like that without knowing something that Jongin himself doesn't.

"What's wrong, Attorney Kim?" Baekhyun whispered.

"Nothing, let's look over the case one more time." Jongin said, keeping his cool.

"What was that about?" Sehun asked Luhan.

"I was just warning Jongin, that we'll be winning today." Luhan said, putting the folders neatly on the desk.

  The judge came into the room. Everybody rose and bowed before sitting back down. The judge sipped his coffee.

"We gather here today, for the last time, to see whether or not Oh Sehun plagiarized Byun Baekhyun's painting." The judge read the paper on his desk. "Attorney Kim, you begin."

  Jongin straightened his tie before standing up. He walked over to Sehun and looked at him. "Where were you on the 25th of last month?"

"In New York City, packing to come back home."

"What did you use to ship your painting?"

"The airport put it in a special case in the luggage section of the plain."

"Why?"

"Because I paid for insurance. I didn't want my painting to be ruined."

"Attorney Kim, how is this relative?" The judge asked.

  Jongin looked to the side. "Do you have the receipt for the insurance?" Jongin asked.

  Luhan stood up and walked over to the judge, handing him the receipt. "Please read the date that is printed on and how long the insurance lasted." Luhan requested.

"It says: insurance paid for on the 26th and will expire on the 31st. How is this relevant?" He asked Jongin.

"Sir, may I ask Attorney Kim a question?" Luhan asked.

  The judge allowed this.

"Why would Mr. Oh pay more than his plane ticket and hotel expense for a painting that he plagiarized? He knows he would be found out." Luhan asked.

  Jongin swallowed and looked at Baekhyun. He shook his head. "I'm finished, your honor." Jongin sat back down after bowing. The judge looked at Luhan to continue speaking.

"I have today, a folder of pictures," Luhan the TV, and it showed the pictures Luhan was looking at last night. "With computer programmer Kim Jongdae's help, he determined each and every one of these pictures were taken every single day for the whole month. No dot on the Lady's face was in any of these pictures, only after he set it down in the art exhibit. The picture was taken by a reporter." Luhan stated.

"Last but not least, I just happen to get my hands on a CCTV recording from across the way in a different building. Video expert Kim Minseok enhanced the quality of the video," Luhan played the video. "If you see here, Mr. Byun had painted the dot on the Lady's face when Sehun left to the bathroom." Luhan finished.

"I'm finished, your honor." Luhan bowed and sat back down.

  The Judge turned his attention to Baekhyun and Jongin. "What do you say, Mr. Byun." He asked.

Jongin stood up. "N-not guilty." Jongin forced his reply.

  The judge nodded. "With the evidence and lack of, I here by charge Mr. Byun Baekhyun with sabotage. This will be on his record for life, and he will serve five years in the Federal Prison. No bail and he will never be able to work in any government, art, or literary force in his life." The judge slammed the gavel down.

  The officers picked Baekhyun up by his arms. He watched Sehun as he was being dragged out of the court room.

  Sehun and Luhan went to the empty hallway. "You did it, Luhan! Thank you so much!" Sehun said with a tear in his eye.

"No, Sehun, we did it." Luhan said, hugging the taller.

"D-does this mean you have to go back to China?" Sehun asked.

"Yes, but I'll always be right there beside you." Luhan gave Sehun a sincere smile.

  Sehun looked down.

"I love you"

[No one knows for sure who said it first]

 

  Life is like a piece of art,
It can be expressed in many different ways.
  As long as your looking with your heart,
You'll have great days;
  And a new journey in your life will start.

  Love is like a brisk of the brush,
Not too bold,
  Not too rushed.
Not too rugged,
  Not too smushed.
Evenly coated,
  With lots of love,
A piece of art has been created,
  With you which whom I love;


  Our love has been molded.
Molded into a masterpiece,
  A piece so dear.
A piece so perfect,
  Like our hearts who are near.
Please don't shed a tear.

                          -- Charlot1081


I hope all of you enjoyed this story!  I had so much fun writing it.
I was in suspense, myself.
I'm going to be posting a new story this Monday, please do look forward to it!
Sorry for all of the grammar and or spelling mistakes.

Thank you all, once again!