Chapter 1

Justice

  It was a sunny day in April. The skies were light, the trees waved in the spring breeze, and the birds chirped in a new breeding season. Today was Tuesday, and a very special day. Today, Seoul University was having its art exhibit competition. Students all around the university gather to show their art projects. The paintings came in a wide variety: Paintings of buildings or landmarks, scenery or household decorations, and just off-the-head things.

  This truly is a competition of imagination.

  Walking proudly, Oh Sehun walked down the campus sidewalk. He smiled as the air cleared his lungs. He felt very confident today. He made a trip last month to the United States of America. He stayed there the whole month until this day. The college gave every art student the whole month to come up with something spectacular, and Sehun took advantage of it.

  He flew to New York City, where he stood on a bridge. Looking directly ahead, was the all-famous Statue of Liberty with the sparkling New York (Yicky) water separating it from him.

  He walks into the building where all of the other competitors are. He sees everyone setting up their projects. He smiled. Just about everyone took the competition seriously. Beautiful paintings lined up against the wall.

  He put his painting up. "Ah, I will never forget all of those hamburgers I ate." He said before leaving to the bathroom.

  While in the bathroom, a student walked up to the said painting. "Oh Sehun, I thought I saw you in New York. But our paintings look too alike, and I got back from my trip before you did.." The student smirked. He took out a tube of paint and a paint brush. He marked a part of her face that he messed up on. "Too bad you plagiarized my work." The student spoke before leaving Sehun's painting.


  The teachers come around and start looking at all of the paintings.

"Byun Baekhyun, what an outstanding painting of Miss Liberty!"

  When the teacher walked up to Sehun's painting, he looked at the painting closely. "Byun, please hand me your artwork."

  Comparing the two, he sees the mark. "Oh Sehun! What is the meaning of this?"

"What's wrong sir?"

"What's wrong?!? You plagiarized Mr. Byun's work!"

  Sehun looked at both of the paintings. "He could have came in last night and copied my work sir. I had my painting here for the whole week. And you know he's good at copying." Baekhyun stated in his defense.

  Sehun looked at Baekhyun. "I did not steal anyone's work. Honest. It took me the whole month to paint this!" Sehun defended.

"Mr. Oh, you know our plagiarism rule. I'm sorry, but if you won't admit to it, the court will get you to." The teacher spoke. "As for now, no one has won the competition. Go to your homes or dorms."

  After the teacher left, Sehun looked at Baekhyun. "How dare you-" Sehun started.

"How dare you! You stole my work! I shouldn't have left it in here!" Baekhyun defended and acted in front off everyone.

  Sehun looked at his painting. "I never EVER put that on my painting." Sehun said under his breath.

  He noticed a lot of the girls flocking to Baekhyun.

  Sehun looked at the floor. 'Court? I don't think I have any evidence to back myself up, do I?' Sehun thought.

  The next day, Sehun dressed in a suit and went to the court house. He sat down and listened to the judge. He gave the oath, and testified.

"Sir, I have here my plane ticket. I went to New York City a month ago, and came back two nights ago." Sehun gave his ticket to the court officer (who gave it to the judge).

"Mr. Oh, I have here your college record. It states here that you sometimes cut corners, as in: you wait to the last minute and still get a relatively good grade." The Judge stated. "What do you have to say?"

"I-I... it wouldn't just take one night to make that painting, It's took intricate. I'd need to at least have a week." Sehun spoke.

"Objection!" Baekhyun's attorney spoke. The Judge let him speak. "He could have paid one of his friends to take a photo of Baekhyun's painting, which was in the building for a week, and Mr. Oh could have painted it from New York City. I call Park Chanyeol to the stand."

  The Judge allowed this.

  Chanyeol spoke. "Sehun did ask for some pictures of the paintings. He never said which one he wanted to see. He just didn't want to duplicate, since he had a week left."


"But, you did send him photos last week, right?" Baekhyun's defense attorney asked, receiving a positive answer from Chanyeol. "That'll be all, your honor."

  The judge looked over at Sehun who is staring deeply into the ground. "Oh Sehun, you have three weeks until we reach a verdict. Get yourself an attorney, if you need one." The Judge slammed his gavel down on the wooden platform.

  Sehun stood up and looked at the jurors. They looked at him with disgust. They all suspected him. They all think that he is such a loser. Why go into art if you're just going to steal another student's work? You're cheating yourself out of actually making yourself useful in art. Sehun was disappointed in himself. He knows he didn't steal Baekhyun's work, he knows it. He worked hours upon days upon weeks working on his painting; but all the evidence points to him actually stealing the work.

  If Sehun is found guilty: he'll be kicked out of college, have it on his record for life, and go to jail for a few years. Seoul University doesn't joke when it comes to cheating and plagiarizing. It's a bad example of the university; they can't let it ruin its reputation!

 

  Sehun arrived at his dorm and sat down on the bed. He noticed that his roommate, Chanyeol, had moved out. Leaving a note: "I don't want to spend the rest of the semester with a felon".

"I need to find a good attorney, huh?" Sehun took out his phone.

 


Hello everyone!  How was the first chapter?  Sehun looks like a bad guy, but really, what evidence does he have?  Well, an Attorney that will be introduced in the next chapter will be figuring that out!

Thank you all for reading!  Comments are much appreciated!  I'm sorry if there were any grammar or spelling mistakes.