Two

Love Happen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWO

 

Weekends are usually the time for relaxing and being as useless as possible, according to Jungkook. Yet the dark haired boy found himself anxiously pacing his extra-large living room with his hand phone attached to his ear.

 

“I am as blank as ever,” Jungkook muttered dejectedly. “Nothing seems to be working out, Yugyeom.”

 

“Everyone experiences a block at some point of their life, Jungkook, you are just over reacting,” The guy on the other side of the call retorted and Jungkook could almost see Yugyeom rolling his eyes at him. “You are just stressed out because of the sudden moving and stuff. Maybe you need to take a step back, take a break from work. Go out, get drunk and be irrational for the time being.”

 

“Worse advice ever,” Jungkook snorted. “Just tell me when are you getting back from Japan? I think I can use your help on this project.”

 

“It might take a couple of weeks,” Yugyeom’s tired voice replied from the other side. “I still have to meet three more gaming companies before my analysis can be given the final touch. I would be back right after that.”

 

Jungkook spent a couple of more minutes investigating the report Yugyeom had written so far before he allowed his friend to go and have the breakfast he was craving for. The dark haired man himself dragged his unwilling body to the kitchen in order to brew some fresh coffee and make a light breakfast for his queasy stomach.

 

With his idea pad spread open on his lap, Jungkook took a seat in the back porch of his house. The backyard was as well-kept as the front was, he noted with astonishment and made a mental note to call the owner of house and ask him if he had hired a permanent gardener to take care of the house lawn.

 

He tried sketching something simple yet eye catching for next half an hour before his elegant turned into angry one out of nowhere. He was quite near screaming at the top of his lungs and chuck away his pad when something caught his interest from the corner of his eye. Jolting up a bit, Jungkook turned to look at his neighbor’s house and noticed a familiar kind of dark orbs surveying his moves while hidden behind the fence. In a flash the eyes disappeared, leaving the fence lonely. Jungkook narrowed his eyes playfully before jumping out of his seat and carefully made his way toward the fence.

 

He crouched down beside the fence, at the exact spot he knew his silent stalker was hiding, on the other side of the fence. Just when Jungkook felt a movement from the opposite side, he slowly raised his own head above the fence and came face to face with a round pink face paired up with two intelligent eyes, cute button nose and small pouting lips.

 

“Hi!” Jungkook whispered cheekily. With a loud scream the small girl fell on her back. Concerned, Jungkook quickly got on his feet and looked at the girl on the ground. “Hey, are you okay?”

 

“I am fine,” The girl pouted deeply while rubbing at her bumped bottom before looking up at Jungkook with accusing eyes. “You scared me.”

 

“And so did you,” Jungkook retorted back childishly. “Mind telling me why you are stalking me likes an assassin out to get me?”

 

Jungkook mentally punched himself for talking ‘assassin’ and ‘stalker’ with a six or seven year old girl, but the words were already out of his mouth before his brain to mouth filter was even considered something of importance.

 

“I am not stalking you,” The girl said crossly. “I have just been observing you.”

 

“Okay,” Jungkook was baffled at the collective way the small child was talking in. “And why have you been observing me, mind if I ask?”

 

“Nah, I don’t mind,” The girl replied in a sassy manner, making a smile to climb up on Jungkook’s lips. “Because you are kind of good looking.”

 

“Oh,” Jungkook’s mouth fell open in an ‘o’ at the straightforwardness of young girl. “Umm…” Jungkook leaned down to put his arms on the fence playing the barrier between him and his company at the moment. “Don’t you think I am a little too old for you?”

 

“I haven’t been observing you for myself, silly,” Rose waved her hand in a dismissive manner with a small chuckle slipping pass her lips. She tilted her head innocently when Jungkook raised a skeptical brow at her before mumbling. “My dad is really hot. You should definitely date him.”

 

“Excuse me?” Jungkook shrieked with his eyes growing wider. If the guy Jungkook saw yesterday was indeed her dad then he would admit the man is insanely hot but words like that coming out of ? Okay, that was awkward.

 

“Keep your voice down,” Rose whispered urgently, giving a glance to the back door of her house. “You are gonna wake my dad up.”

 

“How can you call your dad hot?” Jungkook said loudly, ignoring the pointed glare the girl shoot his way.

 

“Everyone says that,” The girl shrugged.

 

“And what made you think that I should… umm… well, date your dad?” Jungkook whispered the word ‘date’ mindful of the fact that both of them were outside and anyone in their other neighbor’s house could hear them.

 

“You see,” Rose sighed like the whole world stress was on her small shoulders. “The teachers in my school look at my dad with weird eyes, when he go for PTAs, and they talk about ‘dating’ and ‘marrying’ him. I know eavesdropping is a bad habit but it happened okay? But the point is I don’t like them at all!” The girl pouted while folding her small arms over her chest with an angry frown on her brows. “But my dad is really oblivious so before he ends up falling in their trap I want to save him by getting him hooked up with someone nice and good-looking.”

 

Jungkook stood gapping at the gi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter