NINE - The Hidden Talent

The Unspoken Memories - Oh Sehun

A week passes by since that incident, and today is finally the D-Day of Hidden Talent Competition. As for Sehun, Hong Bin and Jongdae, they decided to enter the competition like last semester, by their band named The Stupid. Their performance will be the 3rd and now the first performance will end soon. Looking outside the audience, they sure are a lot more than last semester.

Sehun's POV

As I turn to the stage, direct to the MCs who takes the microphone announcing "Now we are up to the next performance. Please welcome the next performer to the stage."

I can hear the crowd clapping loudly outside. Suddenly I saw Hyun Seul walking in front of me, to the stairs that connected the stage and the waiting area and Chanyeol trailed behind. The MCs finally continues as she talks about the performers' background. "These two students are from the Department of Engineering Park Chanyeol and Park Hyun Seul who is both majoring in Bachelor of Civil Engineering."

As I hear that, I seems shocked and at lost. Chanyeol didn't tell me he and Hyun Seul will join this competition. And I'd never heard the two of them sing before. For the crowds, they started murmuring loud whispers, since there a rumors spreading that the two of them are in a relationship or she is the two-timer girl.

Chanyeol seems to play drum when he directly went to the drum set that the management team had set up on the stage. Besides, he brought his drum-stick set with him to the stage. Obviously he will play that instrument. As for Hyun Seul, she stands in the center of the stage, together with a dark red guitar. I guess I don't even know her that much. I don't even know she can play guitar or any instruments. She started to play the intro of the song and it seems familiar in my ears.

With the intro still can be heard , she then speaks "Hello, I am Park Hyun Seul, together with my brother today, Park Chanyeol, we are going to play two songs for you guys. Hope that all of you will enjoy our performance today ."

The crowds suddenly starts whispering about what they just heard . As I can hear the audience behind us, since our waiting area are in front of the stage, besides the audience . We basically can hear all of that.

"So then Chanyeol is not her boyfriend?"

"She isn't two-timing girl now?"

"This means we misjudge her after all this time."

They replied the intro and this time, the sound of the guitar and drums seems louder than when she spoke just now.

When you were here before

Couldn't look you in the eye

You're just like an angel

Your skin makes me cry

You float like a feather

In the beautiful world

And I wish I was special

You're so in' special

But I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo

What the hell I'm doing here?

I don't belong here

Wait, this song. It is from Radiohead – Creep. The way she sings, the gaze in her eyes. She looks lonely and in pain. She seems to face the audience but I know she sings the song with meaningful reasons.

Jongin's POV

She sang her all time favorite song now. She sing it full with her soul and I know that she doesn't sing it for me.

I don't care if it hurts

I want to have control

I want a perfect body

I want a perfect soul

I want you to notice

When I'm not around

You're so in' special

I wish I was special

But I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo

What the hell am I doing here?

I don't belong here

Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh

He's running out again, He's running out

He's run run run running out...............................

Whatever makes you happy

Whatever you want

You're so in' special

I wish I was special

But I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo

What the hell I'm doing here?

I don't belong her , I don't belong here.......

The music stops and the hall seems quiet.

After that she sings again. live, without any instrument. With only her voice echoing in this hall.

And can you smile?

I want you to be with me

I still need you here with me

But if it is with me, your smile will only disappear

And can you smile?

For you I'll go away

I will be okay some day

But if you think of me, remember how we used to be.

Sehun's POV

After the show ends, I started to make my way to her through the crowd of people and I kept pushing all the crowds away since I can't afford to lost her tonight. As I kept moving forward towards her, I saw someone else already grab her arms and hugs her in his embrace. I stood still not moving an inch. Jongin is faster than me, I saw he whispers something to Hyun Seul who are currently in his embrace. There are a bouquet of flowers in between them, the one Hyun Seul got awhile ago for winning the first place. Hong Bin and Jongdae came to me a few minutes after.

"I guess they are officially dating now, you want to deny it again Sehun?" Hong Bin asked.

I looked at him with annoyed expression as I walk away heading home. I guess I should just accept my mother's offer to stay with her again. I left the house to live alone after I got my offer letter from Seoul National University. I told her I want to be independent by living separately from them.

"Mom, I have decided to stay with you now, can I?"

"Oh, Sehun-ah, you are always welcome here. Pack your things and move here for good! I am more than glad if you move in here."

Songs :

1) Radiohead - Creep

2) Infinite English cover - Can You Smile