Days On Pass: Class to Cafe

Connected By Something Called Xenoglossy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Cy here! Updates here on by will be super short compared to the first chapter. Little tidbits I come up with at night and/or type up quickly) 

 

A couple weeks later...

 

It was like a wildfire that spread throughout the company. It was becoming quite a stir for employees to hear that an artist in their company is dating openly inside, so of course, it was only time until it was leaked outside to the media and the world. 

For the most part, the public took it nicely, many saying that it really was like something out of a book or a drama. Her fans, well, there was the very obvious split at first, their biggest objection was the between us, with myself being 20 and her 17 at the time, you could see where people would object to our relationship. On the other side, they were quite happy for us to be together after what we'd gone through. A three year isn't anything crazy, but the public wasn't exactly the most open to me being a legal adult and Somi still technically a minor and us dating.

It was at that point where JYP himself and Somi's parents came to our defence, telling everyone off that they trust the relationship we have and the love we share.

Despite all the noise around the two of us, it really did help spread both of our names out there. Somi's public recognition blew up more than it already was, obtaining a spot as a supporting actress in an MBC drama, as for myself, as the word came around that I was a model under JYP Ent, offers came in left and right. My biggest contract so far is the ones with MLB as I did a few photoshoots with some of the Twice members, and one for an automotive company that specializes in motorcycles.

 

I was on the outskirts of Seoul...

 

I was on a shoot for one of the new motorcycles from the automotive company, the shoot was taking place nearby some camping grounds. For this shoot, I was supposed to be seen taking a ride on one of the motorcycles down the road, taking in the natural surrounding and weather before stopping in front of a bakery and walking in to end the scene. By this point, I'd gotten my motorcyclist license so I could actually do shoots like this and ride a motorbike through the city, haha.

Luckily for us all working on the shoot, we were all done shooting what we needed and some extra after about 5 hours. It was just about to roll over into 3 pm once I had gotten ready to leave.

 

"Mr. Cruz, may I talk to you a bit before you leave?" Mrs. Jung, a rep from the motorbike company asked.

 

"Of course! What can I do you a pleasure with?" I ask.

 

"The higher senior members of staff from the company wanted to thank you for doing all amazing work you've done and even going out of your way to get your motorcyclist license to get rolling shots. So they wanted to give you a thank you gift for it all." She went on to say as she led me to a truck towed-trailer, just like the one they used to transport the bike I rode earlier on.

 

"Honestly speaking, to even give me a chance to represent your company and your products is an honour for myself enough." I humbly told her.

 

"And we're very grateful for your work and the results and this is why it's a gift from the company." She smiled through as a worker opened the trailer door to reveal a motorcycle just as the one I had ridden on for the shoot.

This one was metallic black with orange and red accents, all the colours I liked. As it was rolled off the trailer, I could see further customizations done on it. There were optional sports-spec parts on it, and an extended seat to fit a passenger behind me. I could see my last name 'Cruz' engraved on the right side panel. It was an amazing piece of kit was this sports bike, custom made for me. The worker handed me a helmet and went on to strap a second helmet onto the rear seat, good to know the extra helmet can attach to the seat for storing.

 

"This is a very big gift to give me Mrs. Jung... Did they really want to give me this?" I was taken aback still.

 

"Yes, they heard about your newfound love of riding motorbikes, so the president himself offered that you should get a custom-made bike, from our newest sports bike series. As you know as well, that this line isn't out for another 2 months, so you right now have the very first road ready bike. The president jokingly calls it the 'High Cruz' as it's just for you. He'd also wanted you to know that you should be able to enjoy yourself more being free riding this bike and as to be careful as you ride, of course." She went on to tell me, as I walked circles around the bike, still taking in the awe.

 

"Please, tell the company president and everyone else that I'm absolutely thankful for this gift and will work hard as a public representative as well as a model for the company," I tell her.

 

"You already work hard enough for us. We'd thought we should give back to you as well Mr. Cruz. Pardon, me but I'll have to leave now, enjoy your gift." Mrs. Jung tells me as she steps into the truck that pulled the trailer my new bike came from.

 

I watch as they go around the corner, leaving me standing in the parking lot of the camping grounds, looking at the motorbike, helmet in hand.

 

"Hey kid, you good there?" My manager, Seonghwa noona asks, walking up behind me.

 

"Uh, yeah. I just got a gift from the motorbike company..." I tell her, motioning to the custom bike in front of us.

 

"Holy damn!" She exclaims, "they gave you that?! Are you sure that was really a gift?" She was completely taken aback hearing that I got it as a gift.

 

"Yeah, Mrs. Jung said that their president himself wanted to gift me this for the work I've done for them and the results that have shown." I retold her roughly what I was told.

 

"Well, kid, you're lucky here. They're recognizing the hard work you're putting into this and it's showing, I mean, I wish our company gave me a car for working as hard as I do." She jokingly says, we both laugh.

 

"But noona, aren't you glad that you're managing me and not a group of people? I think I'm a decent person to manage." I say with a smile towards her.

 

"Yeah, good thing my pay is also getting an additional percentage of what you earn." She says with a small laugh and a playful hit on my shoulder.

 

"Let's both hope I can continue to get contracts and deals like this one. I can expand my connections and earn us a good amount of money!" I cheer with a fist pump into the air.

 

"Relax there kid, what are you gonna do with this then?" She motions to the motorbike.

 

"Well, ride it obviously! Why wouldn't I? I don't have anything else today." I tell her part of my plan as I put the helmet and my gloves on.

 

"You do have something to do later, you have a meeting later tonight at the company, don't forget about it." She tells me off.

"Don't even think of going on a nighttime escapade later since you have that motorbike now."

 

"That's why I'm going on that escapade now! You know where my first stop will be noona. I'll keep in touch with you, don't worry... too much, hah." I tell her as I turn the key in the ignition.

 

"Yeah, yeah, don't get us both in trouble." She tells me as she walks towards the van she drove me in earlier.

 

The freedom on this bike, huh?

 

The performance on the bike was insane, to say the least. The balance and quality of the design made riding this feel like I was on the air, just gliding. With the empty road on the way to the main road still a short distance from, I had let to see what kind of beast I was given.

 

Within a few kilometres, I was able to really let loose on the throttle and feel the RPMs under me come t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter