The New Princess in Town

Disney Tales All End In lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No.”

It is the millionth time of Lynn saying that to Soonyoung. But the boy doesn’t seem like he will stop pestering her any time soon. And if not for being in his own apartment and not wanting to go to her own yet, Lynn would have punched him already. But you see, she is trying to be nice here and yet here he is testing her patience.

“Oh, come on. You still didn’t even hear me out.” Soonyoung whines, pouting at Lynn while she rummages through his fridge.

“Your fridge is emptier than my love life.” Lynn comments, finally plumping herself beside him on his couch. “Have you been feeding yourself, Soon?”

“Hoshi.” He corrects.

“You didn’t answer me.” Lynn throws him a look. “Soon.”

The ever-present pout on the boy’s face deepens. “You are the only one who hasn’t been calling me with my very cool, very awesome new nickname.”

Lynn rolls her eyes. “I will never stop calling you Soon. Stop trying to make it happen.”

“I hate you.”

“I love you too.” Lynn says with a wink and Soonyoung pushes her away.

“Well if you love me,” He starts and Lynn knows he is going to start pestering her again just from the look in his eyes. “Can’t you just listen to me?”

Lynn sighs. “Soon, I am not going to work in DisneyLand.”

“But why?” Soonyoung complains in a very childish manner, and Lynn swears his lips are quivering.

“Because to do that you must be all happiness and sunshine. Which is coincidentally the exact opposite of what I am.”

“Let’s not base our judgement on uni-stressed Lynn. Everyone is depressed and emo in university.”

“But, soon,” Lynn whines. “Uni-stressed me has become every-ing-day me. I don’t even remember old Lynn. She’s dead.”

Soonyoung rolls his eyes. “Just try it out girl. It might actually help you.”

“Enlighten me on how it can do that please.” Lynn says sarcastically, not expecting any good response from her friend.

“Well first the atmosphere there is so fun. The workers there are all so friendly, I am sure you will have a swell time and maybe you will feel less stressed because of that. And second, you would be paid at the end of the day and I already know you are short on money.”

Lynn sighs, indicating to Soonyoung that he is starting to win her over. So, he continues. “You are basically getting paid for standing there and looking pretty and taking pictures with people. It’s the easiest job I have ever heard of. And I am going to make sure to put in a good word for you with the boss. And plus you are mostly white and would look similar to western princesses more than anyone so that's some good plus points right there, and-“

“Okay, okay.” Lynn breathes. “I get it, oh god. I’ll think about it.”

“You will think about it?” Soonyoung shrieks. “All the convincing I did so far and you are going to just think about it?”

Lynn averts her eyes from the boy’s, trying to come up with an excuse and escape this conversation. But Soonyoung isn’t having it. “Lynn.” He says sternly. “Would you rather slump at you apartment, with your room’s door locked because your roommate’s boyfriend is abusive and you don’t want to get involved, or rather scared to. Or would you rather use that time earning some money and enjoying your time with me?”

It isn’t like Lynn didn’t know that she can never win against Soonyoung in an argument. But she thought maybe this time it would be different. But staring back at his determined eyes, she realizes that she has lost again.

“Okay.” She mumbles quietly, and Soonyoung nearly doesn’t hear. Nearly.

“OKAY?” he repeats excitedly, leaping into Lynn and hugging her tightly.

Lynn giggles, hugging her best only friend back just as tight.

“You won’t regret it.”

“I hope.”

 

 

 

 

 

The boss is an old woman, but her age doesn’t stop her from having vibrant purple hair and red captivating lipstick. Her smile reveals a set of white straight teeth, and the contrast of their color and the red of her lips almost blinds Lynn. The latter nervously greets the old woman, disappointed that Soonyoung couldn’t accompany her for the interview. The boy has told her that she is acting like a baby but she couldn’t care less at this point.

Mrs. Jung, as she introduced herself, gestures for Lynn to sit at one of the chairs in front of her desk. Lynn shuffles slowly to the chair, her blood pressure raising and her hands shaking. Upon noticing the nervous state Lynn is in, the woman directs her a warm smile that seems to relax the girl a bit.

“Soonyoung has told me a lot about you.” Mrs. Jung informs, surprising Lynn who didn’t expect her friend to follow his word of talking to the boss for her.

“Hopefully good things.” Lynn mutters, biting her lower lip.

“He sure did. He failed to tell me how shy you were though. He said you are sassy and should be assign to a villain.” When Lynn’s eyes widen to an impossible size in shock and panic the woman laughs. “I am joking, he didn’t actually say that. He said you are pretty and have blue eyes that us Asian don’t have, and that I would be missing out if I don’t have you as one of my princesses.”

Lynn’s cheeks turn red at that, and she chuckles in embarrassment. “Well I would love that.”

 “Is there any princess you have in mind? Even though most are already taken, like Belle and Ariel and Aurora and-“

“Anastasia.” Lynn says in determination. If she is sure of one thing when it came to this job, it would the princess she wanted to be. The movie Anastasia is her favorite anyway.

Mrs. Jung raises her eyebrow in wonder and amazement. “Anastasia, you say? What a unique choice, she’s not that popular. Rapunzel isn’t taken and she’s quite famous, Anna of frozen too, no one wants to work with our current Elsa.”

Lynn shakes her head. “Unless you don’t have a costume of Anastasia.” She finishes the sentence in a small voice, seemingly not ready to hear the reply to that. Obviously scared that Anastasia really isn’t included.

The woman stares off to the side for a moment, trying to recall if they did have Anastasia’s costume, before her face lightens up and she claps in excitement. “We have one. A long time ago we had a girl working with us who was Anastasia, but after she quit, we had no one else as Anastasia again.”

Lynn sighs in relief, smiling at the woman. “When can I start then?”

“Right now, if you don’t mind. Everyone who shares the same shifts as you started around half an hour ago.” The woman chuckles at Lynn’s panicked look. “I mean you don’t have to start today, but it’s better to kick it off from now. To get used to the atmosphere and all.”

“Yeah.” Lynn mutters. “Sounds like a good idea.”

Mrs. Jung then tells Lynn about the dressing room and where she can find her costume. And with that Lynn stands to leave. But as she is at the door the woman says. “Are those your real eyes?”

Lynn turns to look at her in shock. Eyebrows raising at the statement. “W-what?”

“Oh my,” Mrs. Jung laughs, waving her hand at her mistake. “Don’t mind this old lady, that sure sounded better in my head. I was referring to your eye color.”

Lynn chuckles. “Ah, yeah.”

“You are to make a great Anastasia then. She also had blue eyes.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

It takes Lynn longer than she expects to find the dressing room, but she doesn’t mind much considering how no one is around. Upon entering the room, the girl is taken back by the amount of clothing racks there, and all the colorful and glittery costumes. She doesn’t stay to inspect the different costumes though, going straight to where Mrs. Jung said Anastasia’s costume would probably be. The girl’s heart is thumping loudly, as she nervously searches for a costume she doesn’t know how it looks like. She just prays that it’s a dress of some sort, and not the clothes Anastasia wears when she leaves the orphanage. Lynn feels poor enough, and she sure doesn’t want to be wearing homeless clothes around Disneyland while everyone is wearing glittery pretty princess’ dresses.

To her relief, Lynn finds Anastasia’s iconic blue dress. Which is the girl’s favorite, so maybe life is going to be nice to her just for today. The dress is a strapless dark blue one, with a glittery cape that is way longer than the dress, looking exactly like the one from the movie. And behind the racks, and again true to Mrs. Jung’s words, Lynn finds the white long gloves and the accessories in a box there. Anastasia’s huge crown is there too, and Lynn clearly remembers how she wasn’t wearing it with this dress in the movie. But she realizes that they wanted to emphasize on her being a princess. Even though Anastasia gave up on being a princess to be with Dimitri at the end of the movie, but who cares about precision at this point.

Lynn makes a quick work of wearing the dress and doing her hair and all of that on her own. Mrs. Jung had told her that they have stylists to help everyone, from make up to hair and even the smallest details. But since Lynn is extremely late, no one is around anymore. When Lynn checks her appearance in the mirror, she smiles in satisfaction. She hasn’t seen herself dressed up and looking pretty in a while, she usually wears hoodies and sweatpants to university and to Soonyoung’s apartment, and those two places are the only places she goes to.

With a deep breath, Lynn leaves the dressing room, and with that leaving her identity back in there. She isn’t a broke college student with mental issues right now, but rather she’s the Grand Duchess Anastasia.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Where are you?” Lynn asks Soonyoung over the phone, but all she can hear is him growling like an idiot. “How many times did I tell you that the ing beast talks in the movie?”

More growling.

“I will murder you with my bare hands if you don’t stop it.”

Even more growling.

“Hoshi, please.”

“I am beside that huge fountain. Can’t miss it.”

Lynn smirks.“I will be there soon.”

“Wait no, are you saying you are going to reach there soon or are you calling me Soon again?”

“Byeee.” Lynn sings with a mischievous tone before hanging up.

 

 

 

 

“Who are you and what have you done to my best friend?” Soonyoung asks the moment his eyes fall on Lynn.

“I could say the same.” Lynn fires back, staring at the furry head of the beast costume Soonyoung has.

When Soonyoung growls in response Lynn makes sure her smack over his head is painful. “And am Anastasia.”

“No Sherlock. I was sure you wouldn’t be satisfied with any other princess but her.” Soonyoung jokes but Lynn finds it hard to laugh when she’s facing a beast face rather than her friend’s hamster like cute face. “You also look so much like her, I never noticed. Especially the blue eyes and brown hair.”

Lynn smiles. “Thank you.”

“I am so happy you agreed on doing this. It’s going to be great for you. For us.”

“Can we not do emotional confessions while you are dressed as a beast? Thank you.”

Soonyoung laughs at that, patting the girl’s back with his huge costume hands, the claws digging into her skin. “Now why don’t you roam around? Try to get to know the place.”

Lynn pouts. “Can’t you do that with me?”

“I am suffocating in this so maybe not. Plus, you need to get used to doing stuff without me.” Soonyoung chuckles when Lynn’s pout deepens. “Come on, it’s not that bad. And if for any reason you go to the coffee shop, say hi to Joshua, he’s the pretty waiter there.”

Lynn’s eyes sparkle in excitement at that. “There’s someone English here?”

“Yeah, American just like you. There’s also Vernon, he doesn’t work here but he’s always around because he’s everyone’s friend technically. Oh and Annie, she goes by Chungha mostly though, she’s jasmine.” Soonyoung adds after a second thought. “They all originally Korean though. Only Vernon is half white, so you are the whitest looking one here.”

“I better not become an outcast even in Disneyland.”

Soonyoung rolls his eyes even though Lynn can’t really see it. “You won’t, don’t worry about it. Now go mingle around, but don’t talk to Ariel, she’s a .”

Lynn pushes Soonyoung. “What if a kid hears you? Don’t ruin their childhood like that.” and with that she leaves.

 

 

 

 

 

Lynn starts walking aimlessly around, not particularly searching for the coffee shop Soonyoung mentioned, but keeping an eye on it. There were too many castles to count and even more games and rides, stalls of food and kids running here and there. Lynn feels glad it’s a weekday though, since the place isn’t that crowded that she will feel too anxious about it. Too absorbed in her thoughts, Lynn doesn’t notice the boy who stops in his tracks and stares at her for a good moment.

 “Hey.”

No response from Lynn.

“Anastasia.” The boy yells again finally catching the girl’s attention. Lynn turns to find a boy with black hair and a costume that she can't identify.

“Hey.” She mutters nervously, staring down at the boy who’s shorter than her.

“Are you new here?” He asks. “I am sure I have never seen you before.”

Lynn nods, noticing how the boy’s lips that were tugged in a barely-there smile makes him look like a cute kitten.

“I am Jihoon, but everyone here calls me Woozi, a stupid nickname hoshi made.” He says as he shakes the girl’s gloved hand, before adding. “Do you know hoshi?”

Lynn tries to smile, but she knows that her nerves will make it look like a grimace. “Yeah, he’s the only one I know here. We are friends.”

Jihoon looks at her in a pitying manner, and Lynn can relate. Knowing how much of a pain in the her friend can be. “Are you some kind of hobbit by the way?” Lynn questions, changing the subject.

Jihoon’s face falls, like he’s ready to murder, and Lynn unconsciously steps back. “I am not.”

“W-what are you then?” Lynn says nervously, not sure if she has the right to even ask.

“Seen.”

A pretty man dressed up as Elsa appears between the two, and Lynn is so blown away by his ungodly looks to hear him tell Jihoon that he can’t ‘seen’ people in real life.

The intruder turns to Lynn, offering his hand for a handshake and when Lynn just keeps on staring, he takes her hand on his own and shakes it. “Hi, I am Jeonghan.”

That seems to finally break Lynn from her trance. “Oh sorry, hi. I am Lynn.”

“She’s Hoshi’s friend.” Jihoon adds.

Jeonghan claps his hand in excitement. “Hoshi’s friend is my friend.”

Lynn’s heart skips at the statement, before realizing how depressing that is. No one has ever been willing to be her friend beside Soonyoung, that Jeonghan’s simple statement that was said only because the man is nice made Lynn feel thrilled. “Thanks.” She mutters, trying to hide the thought circling around her head.

“What do you say we go have something to drink?” Jeonghan suggests and when he notices Lynn’s hesitation he adds. “Woozi doesn’t bite. He just likes to act scary.”

Jihoon grumbles. “I don’t.”

Jeonghan rolls his eyes, already dragging the two with him. “Whatever.”

Lynn let Jeonghan drags her, as she watches him from the side. How confident he looks walking around like he owns Elsa’s dress. He makes it seem like Elsa was made based off him and not that he is dressing up like her. And it’s then that Lynn understands what Mrs. Jung meant when she said no one wanted to be Anna because they didn’t want to work with Jeonghan, like who would want to stand beside someone as beautiful as the man?

 

 

 

 

Lynn isn’t surprised when she finds herself at a coffee shop. Her and Jihoon go to take a table while Jeonghan goes to order for all of them. Jihoon has requested for a black coffee and Lynn made sure to not let the snicker escape her lips, while she asked for a smoothie.

“Is that Joshua?” Lynn asks Jihoon, feeling a bit courageous to talk to the tiny scary man after seeing how Jeonghan doesn’t seem to be terrified of him in the slightest. Her eyes focused on Jeonghan as he speaks to a man that looks like he walked out of a photoshoot.

Jihoon raises his eyebrow at her. “I thought you only knew Hoshi?”

“I do. But he told me to say hi to Joshua if I ever go to a coffee shop. So am only guessing here.”

“Oh, I see.” Jihoon mutters. “Who else did he mention?”

“No one else.” Lynn answers before saying. “Well he mentioned Ariel, told me not to talk to her because she’s a .”

Jihoon laughs at that and Lynn thinks that he looks cute when he laughs. “He is so right about that. you better avoid her like she’s the plague. Even though she is surely too busy right now.”

Lynn thinks that if she was drinking her smoothie right now she would have been choking painfully. Jihoon laughs at the expression adorning the girl’s face. “I can assume that you are surprised with how nonchalant I said that. And that you are nothing like her, am I right?”

Lynn nods without a word.

“Well that’s great then. We don’t need someone like Mina, she’s too much to handle. If I were Mingyu I would have already quit.”

“Mingyu?” Lynn questions.

“Yeah, he’s prince Eric. So, sadly for him, he can’t be ignoring Mina that much considering his job and position.”

Lynn nods before glancing back at Jeonghan, only to find out that he’s chatting with another man now. The latter doesn’t seem to be working here, as he stands too close to Jeonghan whispering into his ear. And even from here, Lynn notices how handsome the man looks.

Jihoon follows Lynn’s gaze before smiling. “That’s Seungcheol.”

“Ah.”

“He’s Jeonghan’s boyfriend.”

“Oh.” Lynn breathed, not believing that such beautiful people exist and are even dating. She finally turns to look at Jihoon, only to find him staring back at her expectedly. “What?” she says defensively.

“I just told you Jeonghan and Seungcheol are dating.”

“Yeah I heard you.” She comments and when Jihoon keeps looking at her like he is waiting for her to say more to that she adds. “I was just thinking of how come such beautiful people met and are dating. Didn’t know life can actually be fair.”

Jihoon laughs. “I really didn’t expect you to say something like that. More like, I was scared you were thinking of something homophobic, to be honest.”

“Do homophobic people still exist in 2017?”

“A lot in fact. No one wanted to be Anna because they weren’t okay with Jeonghan being Elsa. Only because he was a man, and also because his boyfriend is always around.”

Lynn’s eyebrows shoot in surprise. “Really? I assumed that girls didn’t want to be Anna so they don’t have to stand beside him, because he’s so pretty and would make them look ugly as .”

Jihoon laughs loudly at that. “That’s the longest sentence you have said since we met, but also the funniest thing I have heard today.”

“What’s the funniest thing you heard today?” Jeonghan asks, sitting beside Jihoon while Seungcheol sat in front of him, and beside Lynn. Jihoon doesn’t waste a second before telling the two what Lynn has told him. By the end of it Seungcheol is wiping off his tears that were the result of him laughing while Jeonghan looks like he is flying. “I am so flattered Lynn.”

“I really don’t know why y’all are reacting like this. It seemed so logical.”

“Oh god, Lynn you are so pure. You should be protected at all coasts.” Seungcheol says, patting her back. And Lynn decides that she likes him, as her cheeks turn red from his statement.

“I would tell you to be Anna because you are pretty enough to stand beside me, but you look really good as Anastasia.”

“You also look like her.” Jihoon says and Lynn’s heart start beating faster at all the compliments the boys seem to be showering her with. It’s something she isn’t used to, the only person who would sometimes compliment her would be none other than Soonyoung. “T-thanks.”

“Don’t hang out around Ariel.” Jeonghan warns suddenly, making him the third person mentioning the princess of the sea. “I don’t want her corrupting the purest kid working with us.”

“I thought Chan is the purest kid.” Seungcheol comments.

Jeonghan sulks. “He’s not talking to me.”

“I wonder why.” Jihoon says with a scoff, and Lynn looks between the three in wonder, but no one takes it upon themselves to explain the situation to her.

And with that the conversation deters to people Lynn doesn’t know and inside jokes that she doesn’t get. The girl doesn’t feel like talking that much anyway, so she doesn’t mind as much. As she drinks her smoothie in silence, listening to the boys’ chatter but not focusing enough to know what they are talking about.

After finishing her smoothie, that’s apparently custody from Joshua, Lynn makes move to stand up. Jeonghan, who notices that, throws her a questioning look. “I think I’ll be heading out.” Lynn informs with a small voice.

Jeonghan pouts. “Why? Are we that boring?”

“Yes.” Jihoon deadpans, glaring at Jeonghan when the latter attempts to smack him.

“Babe, they are ganging up on me.” Jeonghan whines to Seungcheol, batting his eyelashes, and Lynn doesn’t miss Jihoon rolling his eyes at them.

“I did nothing though.” Lynn defends herself.

“And I only stated facts.” Jihoon adds.

“Now, now kids. Let’s not start arguments.” Seungcheol says with a smile and Jeonghan scoffs, making it obvious that he is offended that his boyfriend isn’t siding with them.

“I only wanted to go continue walking around.” Lynn mutters, trying to appease to the pouting Jeonghan. The latter chuckles, taking Lynn by surprise. “I know, I know. I was just teasing you.”

Jihoon snickers. “You are not funny.”

“And you are not tall.” Jeonghan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter