01 - The Meeting

Spies with Benefit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ear deafening girls shouting and squealing began to fill the school lobby as a white Alphard gracing the main entrance of Fantagio High School. As the vehicle stopped, a bodyguard stepped down first to block any crazy school girls that would attack the boys. The bodyguard would only open the door as soon the situation was clear and safe to go.

“See you guys again soon!” Seongwu bid his teammates goodbye before he stepped out of the Alphard and went to his destination – his History class that is going to begin in another 20 minutes. As he is on his way to the class, it was always such a hustle for him every day – well, he’s one of the member of the well-known Wanna One, the role model for all high scholar of South Korean – so, there’ll always be several (like tens of them) fan girls stalling him all along the way but he would politely excused himself from them and luckily the girls understood thus let him pass.

 

“Hey, look whose back from the seminar!” Eunjae greeted Seongwu as he saw him coming towards the class.

 

Soon Eunjae is Seongwu's most trusted classmates and the bestest girl best friend he ever had. They've known each other since primary schools and their friendship has been stronger ever since that day. She would be his most attentive listener whenever he faces problems or dilemmas. She would also cheered him up whenever he felt down or hopeless especially when he got his grades fallen behind him and became his second biggest pillar of strength when he participated in the national search of role models around the country, Produce101. Other than that all the good old friend characteristics, she already had became his half-time no-salary secretary of him these days as he constantly unable to present in many of his classes ever since he was joining in the Wanna One. He had been to countless seminars and inter and intra schools meetings whether outside or inside the countries plus, countless time the team had become a representative of the nation in any national-level competition.

 

“Yo, Eunjae! Whassup~” he greeted him back with their secret code of knuckle punch.

“Glad you’re back again. There’s thousands of assignments waiting for you while you were away,” Eunjae reported to him. Seongwu’s face changed to a horrified one.

“Someone…please save me from these torture~” he sighed dramatically while putting his right back hand on his forehead as if he was in a part of weekend melodrama.

“Okay, that’s enough you silly clown. Ppalli eoseowa,” Eunjae pushed Seongwu towards the opened back sliding door of the class.

“Everyone, the brave soldier has return from the war!” Eunjae jokingly announced Seongwu’s arrival to the class.

“Did anyone miss me?” Seongwu asked while doing the sassy hair-flip though his hair was short and dandy. As if on cue, the class responded him with thousands of crumpled paper thrown to him as a joke. After that, everyone in the class greeted him warmly. Outside of the class, he might be known as Wanna One Ong Seongwu, but to the class A1-5 he’s one of the kind hyperactive clown, the happy virus of the class.

 

In the blink of eye, it was already the time for recess. Since Seongwu didn’t get any proper sleep since the last 3 days since he had to travel to the city, Seoul for the national seminar held there with the Wanna One members, he didn’t went out to the cafeteria. Instead, he wanted to recover his sleep by sleeping in the class. He was lucky for having understanding classmates, so his classmates would empty the classroom and tried their best not to disturb a tired Seongwu.

Eunjae tapped Seongwu’s shoulder. He brought his face up but his eyes still closed.

“Cafeteria? No?” she asked.

He shook his head three times before he put it down on his arms. His act was like a very tired little boy and all he wanted to do right now was trying to get sleep.

“You want anything? Erk, banana milk or something?” Eunjae carefully asked again, not to disturb him.

“Sounds good,” he muffled between his arms.

“Alright,” she replied then dashed out of the classroom to cafeteria.

 

***

 

“A1-5, A1-5, A1-5…” Lee Seoyun chanted this class name along the hallway while her hawk-eye vision scans through the class nameplate hanging on the door.

“Aha! Found it!” she pointed to a class then as quick as flash she hid at the backdoor of the class. Seoyun stealthily peeked through the window to see if any student was present in the class. There was no one at that time but only one person was available – Ong Seongwu that was tiredly slumped on his desk, sleeping soundly.

“OMO!” Seoyun quickly covered as she afraid she might freak out too loudly. “Is that…really…Seongwu?” she then peeked again to confirm it. She counted the desk from the front till the desk where the boy was to confirm it.

“IT’S REALLY HIM! OMG!” she hyperventilated after she confirmed it.

“Aiguu…he looks really tired. Seongwu-sshi…” she peeked with eyes full of adoration then she looked around her surrounding to make sure it was clear.

“Should I? Of course I should! I’ve came this far to meet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter