A peach's crush 2 (Taoris)

Aurora
Please log in to read the full chapter

Since then Tao has been avoiding Kris. He tries to take other routes and hangs out less with Junmyeon out of fear that he might bring the Slytherin with him. Whenever he does see the elder, he quickly hurries past him with his head held down, not greeting him like he used to do.

Normally when pushed down, Tao would just pat off the dust and stand up again but Kris' words bother him more than usual. He doesn't know if it's because they came from someone he thinks of as reliable and cool, but the things said had hurt him deeply. He feels ashamed of himself, somehow he can't live with the thought of having had disappointed Kris. At this rate he will never be able to face him again.

 

 

"What you have is called a crush, my dear Taozi."

 

Tao freezes in the middle of grooming his white owl, Kandy, next to him Sehun spits out his drink in surprise, Luhan and Jihun just give the younger Slytherin disgusted looks. They were sitting outside and Tao had told both of his cousins of his current dilemma, of course whithout mentioning that it's Kris he's talking about. Luhan and Sehun are very protective of him and he doesn't want the two to fight with Kris, especially since Luhan is good friends with him.

 

"Why would he like some douchebag that insulted him!?", Sehun asks in confusion, wiping his mouth with his sleeve.

In turn Luhan just gives him a look that clearly shows how stupid he thinks the other is being at the moment.

 

"He's more bothered by the person's words than he usually is if someone else had said them. Additionally he feels worthless because he feels like he has disappointed that someone."

 

Luhan flips his Slytherin scarf back and continues.

 

"I think if he saw that person as just a friend or acquaintance he would have had the guts to defend himself or at least get over it faster."

 

Jihun just pats Tao's hand comfortingly and Kandy also seems to coo in agreement. Next to him Sehun still has a flabbergasted expression like he is in denial that his best friend is interested in someone.

Tao is still processing his cousin's words, when his brain finally catches up with him, a flush works it's way onto his face as realization hits. It couldn't be, or could it? Does he really have a crush on Kris? But it all makes sense now, his strong need to prove the rumours about the elder wrong, his ardoration for him and how he is hyped about everything he accomplishes, the happiness he feels at just the smallest acknowledgment the elder gives him.

 

He really has a crush on Kris.

 

"Sehun is sadly right though, Taozi, that doesn't deserve you.", Luhan frowns and takes Tao's other hand into his.

 

"If he or she hurts you again, I will curse them, no matter who they are."

 

The Hufflepuff gives his oldest cousin a thankful smile, even though he doesn't really like the thought of someone cursing Kris.

 

"Hell yeah!", Sehun voices his agreement loudly, Jihun just nods and Tao laughs at their antics. He goes back to grooming Kandy who chirps happily at the attention.

 

After some comfortable minutes with Sehun throwing Bertie Bott's Beans at Jihun who in turn catches them with his mouth and Luhan dosing off against the tree, he turns back to the eldest.

 

"Gege, you are friends with Kris, right?", he asks timidly.

 

"Yeah, what about him?", one of Luhan's eyes opens to look at Tao.

 

"Just curious", Tao mumbles, playing with Kandy's feathers, "He seems rather closed off and I don't really want to believe the rumours about him."

 

The elder just snorts at Tao's statement.

 

"Don't believe that gossip, Taozi, he's actually just an awkward turtle."

 

"Really?", the Hufflepuff asks in surprise. Luhan sits up correctly to face Tao and reaches one hand out to pet Kandy.

 

"Really, trust me. There actually isn't that much to say about him. His real name is Wu Yifan and he comes from a long lineage of pure bloods. His father works with dragons, so he has pretty much grown up with them, which is pretty cool, I guess.", Luhan keeps petting Tao's owl distractedly, thinking about what else there is to tell.

 

"I don't really know why he preferes to be called Kris though, probably has something to do with his though guy act. The truth is, he's really just a big dork with too long limbs and a resting face. Not to forget that he's socially constipated."

 

Tao blinks, he can't really believe what his cousin just told him. They are still talking about the same person, right? It would be nice if that were all true, he giggles a bit as he imagines it, at least he knows his real name now.

 

Yifan

 

It sounds nice. How would it feel like to speak it out loud? He really wants to call Kris by his real name. Would he be angry with Tao?

 

Tao smiles dopely, lost in his own thoughts, and doesn't realize that Luhan is watching him sceptically.

 

 

"Should we try to take a peek at the choir's practice?"

 

Him, Minho and Jongin are currently standing in a desolated corridor, the two Gryffindors are talking about watching the choir practice. Somehow they are really interested in singing these days, and Tao can only guess that it probably has something to do with a certain owl and dino who are part of the choir. He himself isn't really in the mood to be a fifth wheel today, so he tells his friends to go without him. They seperate and go into two different directions. What can he do to pass the time now? Tao is thinking about where Sehun might be when he suddenly sees another person at the end of the corridor.

His eyes widen when it turns out to be Kris. The other also seems to hesitate in his steps but quickly recovers with a determined look. Tao can feel his cheeks getting warmer and isn't able to look the elder in the eyes, this time though not because he feels ashamed but rather because he is now aware of his own feelings for him.

He tries tu hurry past him, hoping that Kris doesn't see how red his cheeks are.

 

"Zitao."

 

Startled, Tao stops in his steps.

 

"About last time, ah... Thank you for picking up my papers."

 

He turns around to look at the elder with wide eyes, heart beating rapidly in his chest and butterlief awakening in his stomach. The elder is looking at him with his usual stoic face but-

 

Are his ears red?

 

The butterlies spread their wings and take flight, dancing around the two as they look at each other with flushed faces.

 

 

Lately he has been happier than usual, everywhere he goes there is a light spring in his steps. His good mood seems infectious as his friends also smile brightly when they see him. Sehun has shown great talent in practice and caught the Snitch in his first match, Victoria had become head girl and he got a perfect score in his last test. But the best thing is,

 

The best thing is-

 

"Hey, Tao."

 

Please log in to read the full chapter