6//HELPER

UNCLEAR // Taka 'One Ok Rock'

I got to the classroom which I nearly reached. I missed the bus and everything.
Instead of getting any sleep I ended up doing the whole 2 weeks homework and I barely got 3 hours of sleep. I was drained of energy.
My poor brain.
I stumbled to my seat, almost tripping over a bag that was tossed in the middle of the floor.
I frowned at the bag with my half closed eyes as I threw myself in the chair.
My head collapsed on the desk and I breathed out in relieve.
"Did you just run a marathon?" 
I turned around to the voice and saw no other than Taka, resting his chin on the palm of his hand, looking at me amused.
"Sure feels like it," I mumbled, closing my eyes. My eyes actually burned when I did and that's a sign of tiredness, for sure.
The teacher arrived and that's when I understood this would be a long lesson. 
We all stood up and did the greetings and when the teacher had told us to collect the papers, the teacher cleared his throat.

"The school have arranged a school trip for the 11th and 12th year. We are heading to a village only 3 hours from here..."

The students started whispering and asking questions, excited about the upcoming trip. So if 11th and 12th year are going, doesn't that mean Riko are going to? I hope so. I don't think I can survive it without her.
Taka seemed to not care as he had plugged earphones in and lazily looked out the window.
The teacher seemed to notice him not listening, but didn't bother to say anything and kept on talking.
The trip would happen next Monday. The teacher had picked out who was in charge of the group when he wasn't there and of course, it was the student representative and the smartest kid in class. They went to the blackboard and started to write about what activities there were and what we in class could participate in. 
I had zoomed out when I heard the word 'zoo' which hit me right back into the reality.
My face lit up when she wrote it down on the blackboard.

"The zoo got all kinds of animals like tigers, penguins, elephants, pandas..."

Pandas! I loved pandas!
Taka lazily fixed his eyes on the representative before looking over at me and obviously noticed my sparkly eyes and smile. 
He quietly tsk'ed to himself before pulling up his phone.
My phone vibrated. I picked up and this is what I saw;

I looked to my left and I saw Taka staring out of the window again, but with his phone in the hand

I looked to my left and I saw Taka staring out of the window again, but with his phone in the hand. It had to be him. 
I fixed my eyes back to the phone and wrote;

I stared as I saw three dots popping up and then I quickly glanced at Taka, who looked at his phone, smirking

I stared as I saw three dots popping up and then I quickly glanced at Taka, who looked at his phone, smirking.

I stared as I saw three dots popping up and then I quickly glanced at Taka, who looked at his phone, smirking

I frowned at Taka who kept staring at his phone. He then started typing. My heart stopped and I quickly went back to my phone, but the dots didn't pop up. My heart sunk. 
I locked my phone and could see myself frowning. I looked up at the representative who tried to make people raise up their hands for what they wanted to do on the trip.  
That's when my phone vibrated again.

How did he know? When I glanced at Taka again, he was already looking at me

How did he know? When I glanced at Taka again, he was already looking at me. It looked like he read my mind and turned back to his phone and started to type.

It looked like he read my mind and turned back to his phone and started to type

"If you wanna visit the zoo please raise up your hand."
Most of the class did and so did I. I tried to hide my excitement when the representative told us it would be most likely for to put the zoo on the list. I felt like a little kid all over again. 

The class shortly ended and I was using my break to find Riko and to ask if she would be going on the trip too.
I found the classroom and peeked inside, but didn't find any sign of Riko.
"Where is she.." I asked myself.

"Riko's sick." I heard a guy state behind me and I glanced over my shoulder.
This tall guy stood with his hands in his pockets and had a grin plastered on his face. 
"She is?" I asked and he nodded right away.
He then stepped closer and bowed down so his face wasn't far from mine as he didn't lose his grin.
"I'm Yuu Hiromitsu, and you are?"
I could feel my cheeks burn up and tried to take a step back, but the stupid wall stopped me.
I, without hesitation, avoided all eye contact and looked at my feet as I said quietly,
"Aoi Yamata." 
My name sounded so lame. His name, on the other hand, sounded so elegant and it really fitted with his looks.
He pulled his hands out of his pockets and then gently bowed a greeting and said with a charming yet cheerful voice,
"Nice to meet you, Aoi." 
I was about to say it back when two guys approached and swung their arms around Yuu.
"Let's go to the store!" they both cheered and Yuu laughed at them, but as soon as he saw how more awkward I got, he cleared his throat at them and told them to wait for him outside which they gladly accepted and ran ahead.
"Got to go." He said disappointedly.
I nodded. He then waved his goodbye and disappeared.
Hm, weird.
I turned my focus back to Riko and decided to find out her number so I messaged Taka because he was the only one who had my number and hopefully Riko's.

I turned my focus back on Riko and decided to find out her number so I messaged Taka, because he was the only one who had my number and hopefully Riko's

I got a quick response where it was written her number and then a winky face after. I really don't get him.
I sent her a quick message if she was okay and if she needed anything, not really expected to get a reply right away and put the phone away.

The rest of the school hours weren't special only tiring and when the school finally came to an end I only realized I had to stay behind and study for the upcoming tests in English and Japanese history. I felt the urge to cry for help just the thought of it. I pulled my heavy feet to the study hall. 
There were few who probably had the same thought as me. 
You can do it, Aoi... you attended summer school, so this is nothing. 
I found myself a seat and pulled up my books and my pencil case.

"Let's start with English..." I said quietly to myself and started to write the verbs and synonyms that I had to learn in 1 week.

"We meet again." 
Yuu took the seat across from me and had his typical grin intact. The last thing I needed now was
companion. Yuu was kind and all, but I really needed to get the English done and don't get me started on the Japanese history. 

"Yeah." I smiled politely and tried to go back to my English. When I had managed to write down some verbs, I looked up and saw Yuu still looking at me. He had rested his chin on the palm of his hand and focused on what I've achieved.
I cleared my throat,
"Do you need help with something?" I asked nervously and he without hesitation shook his head.
"No, I'm good." still looking at me with his smiling eyes. 
It got soon more and more awkward and I decided to gently tell him to leave.
"Yuu.." I started, avoiding his eyes.
"Hm?" he replied.
I breathed in and shot out the words,

"I really need...to get this done." hinting him to go, but since he was a guy and didn't take the hint he asked,

"You want help?"
I waved my hand and shook my head, smiling faintly.
"No, I'm fine."
He stood up and just as I thought he was leaving he walked to the seat beside me and sat down. 
He then took my book and read the verbs.
"This is wrong." He pointed and then took my pencil case and found a red marker.
That's when he started to correct my work.
I kept quiet and let him finish.
He smiled proudly and put down the marker.
"There." he scratched his head nervously and hid it with a smile.
I took the book from him and all I saw was red words everywhere.
My lips parted in shock and looked at him.
"How bad is my grammar, exactly?" I asked, almost joking.
He laughed and carefully answer.
"Bad."
That's when we both let out a chuckle and gave him my book again.
"I need help." 
He shot me a thumbs up and took up the marker again, ready to correct.