3//TAKERU-KUN

UNCLEAR // Taka 'One Ok Rock'

The rest of the week was ordinary and nothing really special happened. I was eating lunch with Riko at her homeroom as usual and then headed home after school or hung out with her at the donut shop. Taka-kun was being moody and annoying in class. He kept giving me the stares as if I had done something to him. He doesn't even know me!
It was F
riday and I just arrived home and gotten changed when Takeru-kun came out from his bedroom, grinning cheerfully. 
He sat across from me at the table as he didn't break the big smile. It was like he was begging for me to ask him what's up so I did.

He took up his spoon before answering,

"Aoi, I'm going on a date tomorrow." 
He made a weird sound as he took a big amount of rice in his mouth, still not breaking the smile. 
"Hontoni!" I squealed. 
"Aoi, she confessed and I tried to act super cool, so I was totally chill and told her to meet me at 2 pm by the bus stop. " he imitated the scene using the spoon as if it was her. 

I gave him two thumbs up and cheered him on. 
Dad came walking in after a long day at work as he looked up us with a puzzled expression. He didn't even 
wanted to ask about why we were now performing a small victory dance.

"Dad!" I sang as I almost knocked over him with a big hug.

"Aoi, what's going on."

I looked up and shot a wink before whispering,

"You will be expected to become a granddad soon."

Dad's expression was priceless as his jaw dropped and looked at Takeru-kun.

"What?!" he yelped and went up to him and began hitting him the back of his head with today's newspaper while Takeru helplessly tried to stop him and tell him I was obviously joking.
Amused by the scene, I stood by the door and enjoyed.

After Takeru-kun escaped my father's newspaper he got to my room as he fell on my bed.

"Aoi, stop doing homework for once."

I looked up from my computer and tried to explain to him that I don't do as much homework as I used to, but he chose to ignore me and closed my laptop screen.

"Hey! I haven't saved!"

Takeru-kun ignored and took the laptop away from and pointed out.

"You can't find one cloud outside and it's hot outside! Let's go to the town and do sometime other than sitting inside and rot." he took my arms and dragged me out of bed.

I grunted as I didn't fight back and followed him.

Today was actually pretty hot and the sun was at its best. I pulled my hair up into a small ponytail as I attempted to cool down my neck from all the heat.

We had headed down to the ice cream truck that had always stood by the same destination every year. The ice cream man was an old man who we had known since I was 2. He was a well liked family friend.

"Look at that, come to cool down?" he shouted and waved at us from across the street. We both waved back and jogged up to him.
"Of course!" Takeru-kun cheerfully exclaimed and gave him money.

"The usual I assume."

We both nodded and he got me a chocolate with sprinkles on and Takeru-kun got the lemon flavored.

"Thanks!"

"Have a nice day." the ice cream man thanked and we continued our way. 
Takeru-kun kept pondering about where he could take the girl the next day and I tried to help, but it was no use.

"You guys can go to the park and take a romantic walk," I suggested as I folded my hands, daydreaming about how it would be to get on a romantic date. I imagined me and a prince, holding hands and by the end of the day, the prince would kiss me goodbye outside of my doorstep.

Takeru-kun snapped his fingers to get my attention and I woke up from my daydream where I saw Takeru-kun folded his arms as he looked at me with a 'you didn't hear what I just told you' look.

I smiled awkwardly and told him to repeat what he said.

"Well, I want to maybe take her to the amusement park. I thought about the zoo, but I've heard she didn't like big animals and the aquarium would be boring so I've got only one option left."

"Only if she likes to go on rides," I muttered and Takeru-kun looked like he was about to give up on his life.

", I didn't think of that." he scratched his head as he tried to come up with another option.

I laughed and patted him on the back and tried to calm him down by saying,

"It's alright, you don't have to take her on rides, there is this festival not far from the amusement park. If the date doesn't go well, you guys can just head over there."

Takeru-kun stopped scratching the back of his head.

"Yeah, that would do."

Takeru-kun headed back home since he had some planning to do. I've decided to head to the music store to maybe discover some new music. I knew I could only go on Spotify and on discover or browse, but I liked the idea to go to the store and look for myself and there is still great music out in the world who has yet not been discovered by Spotify. 
As I entered the store, the 
doorbell made a gentle noise to let the cashier know he got another customer. 
The man covered in tattoos and black hair that was slicked back greeted me and I kindly greeted back. I headed straight to the rock section. I had an interest in rock music and it was surprisingly relaxing to listen to. 
My interest in the genre happened when Takeru-kun introduced me to Nirvana and Linkin Park.
The bell tinkled again as the door opened and I could hear the man behind the desk greeted.
"What can I get
you today?" 
That's when I heard a male voice joke about getting him a trombone and they had a little laugh before the man told him to follow him.

That's when I looked up from the stack and saw no other than Taka and Toru walking toward where I was standing. I panicked and quickly looked down, hoping they would recognize me.
Taka and Toru seemed to have noticed me right before and Toru was the one who called on me.
"Blind girl?"
I cursed under my breath and tried to make it look like I didn't hear nor see him.
That's when Taka stopped across from the stack and put his hands in his pockets.
"She must be deaf too." he joked and that's when I looked up to glare at him.
"I'm 
not," I said sternly.
Toru and the cashier had gone to the instrumental section and was looking for a guitar which left me and Taka alone.
Taka looked at me as he wondered what I was looking at.
"Eye candy" he looked puzzled at me and I had to look down 
of what I was holding on.
It was a band from the 70s that only made two albums before the vocalist decided to run away with drug records on his hands. Not a 
well liked band. It was like Justin Bieber to One Direction fans.  
I was lost for
 words again and just dropped the CD back where it was.
"I don't listen to them.." I mumbled.
He ignored what I said and walked over to
t he the side I was on and looked for something. He leaned over me to reach for a CD and I couldn't move. I just stood there like a statue, startled.
He didn't lean back and instead turned his head to look at me, still holding the CD in his hands.
He was so close I could feel his breath. I avoided the eye contact and looked down at the floor, trying to hide my unknown red cheeks. 
The moment ended in seconds and he had leaned back before he cleared his throat. 
"If you listening to bands like 'Eye Candy' i assume you haven't heard much. This band is awesome, good vocalist and the drummer is beast. Here." he grabbed my wrist and placed the CD in my hand before he walked over to Toru.
I looked at the CD and then at Taka. 
What was that all about?