002

COUNTERBLOW
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           “Thanks, Seven.” The man in suit opens the car door and a fine mansion stands before your eyes. Contrary to the grand and luxurious look the mansion has on the outside, you know for the fact that it is nothing like this inside.

           

           Seven guides you into the main hall and gestures you towards the marble stairs. “Madam is in her office.”

 

           The sound of scratches from your shoes echoed in the extensive hall as you step onto the smooth marble tiles.  Seven follows closely behind. “I can go up myself, Seven. You can go do your stuff.” He looks skeptical. “I still remember the way to her office.” You smile faintly.

 

           He nods and walks away.

 

           You reach the top of the mansion and knock on the only door on that floor. She never liked any form of distraction when she is working. Not even the slightest,

 

           “Come in, sit.” The piercing, icy voice orders. Her room is twice as big as your class room and over three quarter of it is relatively empty. Sitting in the middle of the room is a long glass table. You sit on the chair opposite the huge leather arm chair that is facing the glass window behind the table. The obnoxious and unnecessarily spacious room makes you feel so suffocated you barely hear your own breathing.

 

           “You turn 18 next month.”

 

           “Thank you for your advance birthday wish then.” You choke on your first sentence. She finally turns around. She wears the same old expressionless face even though this is her first time seeing you in years. So familiar to you yet so distant…

 

           “You shall start learning how the company operates.” She folds her legs and arms, giving me the majestic look. Well it never works on you now.

 

           “I shall do whatever I want and not have anything to do with your crimes.” You fold your legs and arms as well, mirroring her. Her eyes twitch and you notice faint wrinkles on her forehead. You have successfully annoyed her. You mentally do a celebratory cheer.

 

            “It is never a crime to get what you want.” She smiles. A faint and sly smile.

 

            “Well, it is a crime if you break the law to get it!” You slam your fist on the glass table. The cup inches away from you shook and droplets of liquid splashed out. “Stop trying to use your wretched and twisted logic to convince me into this company of yours.”

 

            “You will join us and you will learn your true desires, even if you are not aware of them now.”

 

            “Yea right. What are you going to do if I refuse to? Tie me up and lock me away or are you jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter