to the

forgive and forget

Jihoon's POV(Third Person)

 

 


Jihoon woke up with a headache. He felt sick. He has been crying too much. There was still dried tears on his face.

 

 

 

Stumbling out of his bedroom, he headed to the kitchen to take some medicine. He found Seungcheol cooking.

 

 


"Oh, hey Jihoon. You feeling better?" asked Seungcheol as Jihoon sat down.

 

 

 

"Nope. I feel sick. Do we have any medicine?" 

 

 

 

"No. I dont think so. But i could go run to the pharmacy to pick up some for you.", Seungcheol offered.

 

 

 


"Oh. Okay. Thanks Hyung." said Jihoon.

 

 

 

"No problem. The food is ready. Just eat some and go rest after that. I'll be right back. Drink water too." said Seungcheol.

 

 

 

He then dashed outside, not forgetting his wallet and phone, leaving Jihoon alone.

 

 


----------------------------------------

 

 

"Jihoon! I bought your medicine!" shouted Seungcheol as he placed his things on the kitchen counter.

 

 

 

Jihoon tiredly came and took the medicine.

 

 

 

"Do you want to tell me now?" said Seungcheol quietly.

 

 

 

Jihoon hesitated at first but then he told Seungcheol everything.

 

 

 

Eventhough they weren't close yet, he felt like he knew Seungcheol for years. Jihoon knew it was right to trust him.

 

 

 

Seungcheol frowned as he listened to the younger's story. He felt bad and a little bit guilty. He knew how it felt to love someone but they dont feel the same way. He felt guilty because all this time they were dormmates, he never bothered to get close with the younger. He never bothered much about how his dormmate was doing.

 

 

 

"Im sorry, Jihoon. I wish I could help you get through this." said Seungcheol quietly.

 

 

 

"It's okay. It's not your fault. It's my fault for falling for a guy who I have no chance with, for a guy who is too dense to notice." mumbled Jihoon, trying his best not to cry.

 

 

 

"Hey.. Jihoon. Listen. I'm not good at giving advices, but I know how you feel. I know that it that you cant seem to confess or tell him you like him. But one thing I can tell you is that you should just trust yourself. It doesnt matter if you get rejected or heartbroken. Because thats what life is all about. Experiencing things thats bound to happen. Maybe you should just tell him how you feel. Then, maybe, the pressure will be lessen." said Seungcheol.

 

 

 


"Yeah.. I know. I know that I should just tell him. But, i just, cant. Sure, its hurting me.It hurts me so much. Seeing him date other people. , even my own best friend. But what do i do then? What do i do when i tell him i love him? Will he love me back? I cant ruin his relationship with Wonwoo. It'll break his heart. Im not being selfless, but I just, I would rather break my own heart... than my best friend's heart." croaked Jihoon. Tears were running down his face as he whispered those last sentences.

 

 

 

Seungcheol just let Jihoon cry silently. He knew it was better to just calm him first than talking.

 

 

 

When Jihoon calmed abit, Seungcheol spoke quietly.

 

 

 

"You're a kind person, Jihoon. Inside and outside. Anyone could see that. Anyone would be lucky to have you and if-- and if Soonyoung can't see that, then he doesn't deserve you." muttered Seungcheol. Theres was a little anger in his tone.

 

 

 

He continued," But Jihoon, you just cant hurt yourself like this. It's bad for you. You need to tell him. The sooner the better. Promise me, Jihoon. Promise me that you'll tell him soon."

 

 

 

"I-I will. One day." whispered Jihoon.