him so

forgive and forget

A/N:  Okay so bare with me on this one. Theres gonna be a long conversation between Jeonghan and Jihoon ft. Seungcheol lol. Anyways, credits to my friend Blight for giving me ideas to write this. Most of the wise words are from him lol. Hope you enjoy~

 

 

Jihoon's POV
 

 

"So.. What are you going to do?" uttered Jeonghan softly.

 

 

"I-I don't know hyung. I.... I really really like him. I know I sound so desperate but I can't help it! He's just everywhere! All I see is him. And i dont know what to do. I really wished i never met him. What ever my relationship is with him, whether he thinks we're just friends or not." exclaimed Jihoon.

 

 

He continued, " I just, I dont want to be friends with him anymore. I know he's my best friend, but if I keep on being friends with him, I cant help but just keep on falling. Falling deeply in love with him." He whispered those last sentence so quietly, it was barely audible.

 

 

"What do you want to be then, if you dont want to be friends with him?" asked Jeonghan

 

 

Jihoon paused and hesitated, " I.. Strangers.. I wished I never met him. Then i wont have a crush on him for more than 5 years. Then i wont fall in love with him."

 


 

"I.. I want closure. Something that could make me feel content. I want closure from him. He.. He likes to avoid these questions, and its making me confused. He left my questions unanswered. I dont know what he wants. I just want the truth."

 


 

"But, Jihoon... The truth will hurt, you know. It'll break you and you'll cry mo-"

 

 

Jihoon cut him off.

 

 

"He'd already broken me, Hyung! Don't you get it? What ever he's playing at me, its breaking me so bad that i cant think properly!" yelled Jihoon, in tears.

 


 

Jihoon was trembling. He looks so broken, inside and out.

 

 

"Why, why is he so difficult to read." whispered Jihoon.

 

 

"We cant read the people we love. Ironic, isn't it? The people we think about the most, and we dont know that they're thinking." said Jeonghan, smiling sadly. His smile didnt reached his eyes.

 


 

"He-- He doesnt care. He doesnt look like he cares whether or not im broken. He made it seem like im so easy. But i fell for it anyways. I just, want him to be happy. I want to happy too. But I know I cant be happy if i cant let go."

 


 

"Listen, Jihoon, its not that he doesnt care, more like he doesnt know anything. I know you confessed to him, but does he know you love him? And you're still in love? I dont think so. He needs to know, Ji. And then, maybe he'll think about it more." said Jeonghan.

 

 

"What's the point, Hyung? He doesnt care. Not even a slightest bit." said Jihoon quietly.

 

 

"And if he doesnt care what are you supposed to do? You cant force someone to love you Jihoon. You may love him like he's the only person you're seeing but what if he doesnt? Im sorry, Jihoon. But sometimes you got to face the reality of it all."

 

 

 

"Right now, part of you is wanting to say all these ty pessimistic stuff. The other part is wanting to hurt and say all the insulting self-injuring things to yourself. But in between there's a part where you have a choice to break through all those . Its your choice, Jihoon."

 

 

 

He continued, "Just tell him. The burden will just disappear after that. You can cry after that as much as you want.You can grief for your unrequited love for that person. Grief for all that hopes and dreams of being with the person."

 

 

 

"I told him I like him. He didn't respond to that. He laughed it off. He has been ignoring me constantly and im sick of it. It made me feel so ing stupid. Maybe to him, my confession was nothing. Maybe to him, im just a friend. It hurts. It ing hurts. People say to move on. But that. feelings and blind love. I-I cant move on. I dont know if I will ever move on. He... he makes me feel so ing special. He makes me feel so vulnerable and weak all over. He makes me feel so happy. He made me feel what happiness feels like. For once." cried Jihoon.

 

 

 

Theres a pregnant pause. Silence embraced them. Jeonghan and Jihoon were too busy talking that they barely notice Seungcheol walked in a few minutes ago and sat with them but kept silent.

 

 

 

Seungcheol suddenly spoke up, making Jihoon and Jeonghan startled.

 

 

 

"Why cant you just be happy? Look, you're only saying this cause you feel like . You dont know that he thinks like that. He can keep quiet all he wants. He can just pretend that its not a big deal, you dont know that. Once you know the one you love doesnt know whether to love you or not, and just say 'i dont feel the same way', and they just live life likes its normal, you dont know that what you said to them may be stuck in their head.What you say to the person you love truly and deeply will never be erased."

 

 

" He never said anything to me! He never rejected me, he wont talk to me about it. He basically avoids this question. , i dont know okay! And thats the thing, Cheol. Im not happy. I never was. Until I met him, i felt like i was happy. But ever since I confessed to him, and he laughed it off and kept ignoring me and left, i felt my happiness has gone with him. All i wanted was to be finally happy, and he made me feel that way! But also he made me feel like ! I pretended that I was okay with everything."

 

 

 

Jihoon scoffed, " I must be a great pretender because he didn't notice anything."

 

 

Another pause.

 

 

 

Jeonghan spoke up, " Listen. The only way to deal with this is to tell him. Not now obviously. But when you've calmed down a bit. Tell him a genuine answer. Without guilt nor pity. You cant always expect a perfect answer. That's just the way it is."

 

 


 

"Just sleep on it, Ji. Maybe eat too. Im sure you're famished by now. We'll let you rest after that and let you have some time to think without any distractions." said Seungcheol.