Minariii

My Inspiration
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, gimme details." I told Yeri when we got into my apartment. 

"I haven't even taken off my shoes." She laughed while untying her boots. 

"You're right." I chuckled and took off my shoes. I hung up both of our coats in my closet. Yeri followed me to the kitchen, where I started making dinner. I decided to cook jokbal, my favorite, because I had a guest over. "So, tell me." 

"Okay..." She sighed, leaning on the counter. "So, my mom found out I was gay-"

"Do I need to adopt you?" I nearly snapped my neck with how quickly I turned to face her. I cussed under my breath, having burnt my finger on the frying oils due to being careless. 

"I'll put the jokbal in the oil. Rinse your finger off." She laughed at my pain. 

"Thanks, Yeri. Don't burn yourself." I giggled, running my finger under cold water. "Continue."

"She was fine with it, by the way. It's my dad that was the problem."

"I thought he'd be fine with it." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. 

"Well, apparently it's only okay when it's not his daughter." She sighed. "Anyways, he wanted me to be kicked out of the house, but my mom insisted that I stay. They got into a huge fight over it...and I didn't know where else to go." 

"I'm sorry, Yeri." I laid my head on her shoulder, since I couldn't hug her at the moment. 

"It's fine." She sighed, a clear sign that she isn't fine. "Enough about depressing stuff, though. I wanna hear your thoughts on Mina!" She squealed, jumping around. 

"Well...she's far away now, isn't she?" Yeri nodded enthusiastically. "Alright, alright. Well, I'm sure you agree that she's drop-dead gorgeous, right?"

"She's pretty." Yeri hummed. "Too old for me." 

"So I'm old, huh?" I feigned offense. 

"Unnie, we have, like, a ten-year ." She laughed.

"Okay, okay, I see." I chuckled. "But she's also really nice...or at least she seems to be. She's a good dancer too, and her body is no joke." I winked at Yeri, who made a vomiting noise. 

"Ew. Didn't need that."

"Oh hush. But, yeah, I don't know her very well, so I can't say she's the type of girl that's gonna have me whipped, but she's pretty, so a date or two wouldn't hurt." I shrugged. "I don't know...she has me kinda confused, though."

"How so?"

"She doesn't seem like that much of a fan. To be honest, the way Nayeon described her, I was almost expecting her to scream her little lungs out when she saw me. She was really quiet, though. Do you think I'm a letdown?"

"What do you mean?" Yeri giggled. 

"Like, you've seen how I look online and stuff, yeah? Do I look better or worse in person?"

"I don't know. I see you in person more than I see you online, so..." She shrugged. "I don't think so, though. It depends on her type. I mean, maybe she isn't the kind of girl to like someone who hangs out with kids ten years younger than-"

"I'm gonna put you to sleep, Kim Yeri." I laughed. 

"I'm kidding!"

"I hope so." I took my finger out from under the water. "It should be fine now." I hummed, cooking the jokbal. "Do you wanna get some soup going? Make whatever you want, kiddo." 

"Yes!" She grabbed a pot and filled it with water, then she looked up a recipe on the internet and got to work. We cooked quietly together for a while. "Hey...um...this is dumb, but-"

"I bet it isn't dumb." 

"It is, but...um...if you and Mina start dating, you won't forget about me, right? I'll still be your baby sister?" 

"Oh my god, Yeri, of course!" I gasped. "You're, like, my child. If she can't accept the fact that I need to take care of you, then she's not the girl for me. If she gets upset over me being your non-blood-related mother, then she can leave." I glared daggers at Yeri, who was tearing up. "I swear to god, Yeri." I rinsed my hands under the water and gave the poor kid a tight hug. "I love you so much, Yeri. You mean the world to me. You're like my own daughter to me, or at least my sister who's younger than me by ten years." 

"I love you, too, unnie." She whimpered, turning around and hugging me. I patted her back. "Thank you." She smiled tearfully. "I really hope that Mina likes me, too."

"Hey, if she doesn't, then she's not my type." I grinned, getting back to cooking. "But something tells me that you and your friends made quite the impression on her today. She thinks you girls are amazing." 

"She said so?" Yeri looked at me quizzically. 

"What do you think we talk about? I'm not putting the moves on her yet." 

"Then, what was giving her your number? That wasn't flirting?" 

"Okay, you got me." I sighed. "Speaking of, I'll be right back. I'm gonna check my phone." I dried off my hands, grabbing my phone out of my dance bag. No new text messages, unfortunately. I set my phone down on the kitchen table, then got back to cooking with Yeri. "Nothing, sadly." 

"It's fine. She's probably being Nayeon's slave or driving home." We laughed. Nayeon was the most excited about the intern, since she would get to, maybe, take a day off. Maybe. "Momo's in love!" She giggled, shimmying her shoulders. 

"I wouldn't call it love yet." I nudged her with my shoulder. "It's just attraction right now." 

"Whatever, Momo." 

"You'll warm up to Mina now, right?"

"Yep! She can't take my unnie away, so I'm okay with her hanging around you. But if she hurts you, she's dead."

"I think the whole studio will be plotting torture methods if she does." I chuckled. "But I doubt she will. I know that I don't know her very well, but I really don't think she's that kind of person." BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA~ "Yeri!" I screamed. "That's my phone! Oh my god, Yeri!" I squealed, washing my hands. I looked at the screen. It was an unknown number.

 >Hi, it's Mina. I just texted you so that you would have my number. I hope we can become closer :)<

"Yeri!" I shoved the message in her face. "That's a smiley face! A smiley face!" 

"Yes, yes it is." She laughed. "You're acting like you're my age." 

"It's Mina! Why wouldn't I be-" I coughed. "I mean...it's, um, yeah. It's Mina. I'm gonna text her back, so she knows I saw it."

"Momo, there are read receipts."

"I don't want the poor intern to think that I'm ignoring her." I shrugged, hiding the excitement that made my heart pound against my chest. I felt heat rising to my face as I read the text message over again. I saved her name in my phone, then replied. 

To: Minariii <3 

>

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter